Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Whilst this is true you would expect the number of people leaving for these reasons to be pretty constant if one million people suddenly up and leave there is most likely an underlying problem with the game.
    Actually it isn't. It's absolutely normal for a MMO like WoW to have this variations in numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    True. But. Anything, ANYTHING is better than the current bot-friendly/alt-unfriendly/LFR and CRZ-infested/raid-or-quit shit. A "decline in subs" aka less money is the only language the Activsion-Blizzard of 2013 understands.
    Yours is an extreme minority opinion. LFR and CRZ are wildly popular additions for most of the playerbase, the endgame is anything but raid-or-quit, and as for alt-unfriendliness, it's not really that bad. And people who have max level alts they have time to play are, again, a tiny minority.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 09:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Was the Panda theme a success or should they have aimed at a more grownup market?
    Thinking that Pandas in WoW isn't "grownup" is a surefire indicator that you're the one who isn't "grownup".
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

10+ Year Old Account
    The community's obsession with WoW subs is Blizzard's fault. They keep flaunting their numbers all over the place, even in direct advertisements like the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The community's obsession with WoW subs is Blizzard's fault. They keep flaunting their numbers all over the place, even in direct advertisements like the following:
    The sub numbers have been nothing more than a marketing tool ever since they stopped announcing the split between Western and Chinese subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Which is exactly my point.

They implemented those things because people were leaving in Cataclysm and I like both CRZ and LFR.
    CRZ is because people were upset that zones were empty, because you didn't have that MMO-feeling.
    LFR is implemented to stop people from leaving WoW.

So who's to say that you will like the new feature they create to stop the subloss?
    CRZ is buggy and just incites griefing and ganking. Less people want to level alts since they know they will have to compete with other people and bots.

LFR is just a treadmill for "casual" players. The problem is that it forces people who have real raiding guilds to do content Twice as much which leads to faster burnouts.

Dailies are just a nightmare. Boring, slow and forced.

The sooner Blizzard realizes that they made mistakes with them the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I understand why people care so much, but I want them to accept one thing:
    A decline in subs is no guarantuee that Blizzard will change their direction to something you prefer!

And as long as people understand this, the forum will be a much nicer place
    Normally, I would agree with this, but depending on the drop, anything might happen.

I don't recall when it was, but I remember then losing 1.5-3 million in one quarter, and all of the sudden, MASSIVE changes were hotfixed onto the servers and crap. Then it started to climb back up. :P

One of my biggest problems with WoW is also that we never seem to actually get what we pay for. Lets look back at when the game had just 10 mil subs. In america and europe we all payed 15 dollars a month, and i know that in some Asian countries they pay less, so lets just say that the average player pays 10$. If they had 10 mil subs that would add up to 100 million dollars a month. In a year that would be 1.2 billion dollars earned only from subs. This is not even taking stuff like expansions, Blizzard store, and box sales into account. Star Wars: The old rebublic costed between $150 million and $200 million to produce, and is the most expensive video game ever made. So blizzard earns 6 times the entire production price of an entire mmo every year. They earn cash off this. I do not think it would be unreasonable to ask for a little more content than wow is currently getting. And free expansion packs of course.