Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    LFR is not for loot. I don't think it should give any loot, just more valor than it currently does and JPs. Put the effort in and join a normal MSV PuG, to actually use some skill and be rewarded with loot.
    Not everyone can raid the hours everyone else does.

When I come online on an evening raiding has all too often already commenced in my guild.

Most of my gear comes from LFR and VP, I work for it on a different timescale to you why shouldn't I get loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    meh it really doesnt effect me i actually find it an alternate way for me to farm up my valor for trying to get 6k...6k...seriously too much that 1 quest alone will burn me out.
    Dragonwrath already did that for pursuing oranges.

LFR is not for loot. I don't think it should give any loot, just more valor than it currently does and JPs. Put the effort in and join a normal MSV PuG, to actually use some skill and be rewarded with loot. If LFR is your top end activity, why do you need the loot? To do more LFR?

Motivation.. pff! How about you motivate yourself to run a raid, instead of wasting time in LFR? You probably spend 3-4 hours a week in LFR including the queue time. If you and your friends put some effort in, you will easily clear MSV in that time. You have no skilled and willing friends? Find some, join a guild... it's an MMORPG ffs.
    Are you one of these "BiS LFR gear" people?

Deleted
    LFR is not for loot. I don't think it should give any loot, just more valor than it currently does and JPs. Put the effort in and join a normal MSV PuG, to actually use some skill and be rewarded with loot. If LFR is your top end activity, why do you need the loot? To do more LFR?

Motivation.. pff! How about you motivate yourself to run a raid, instead of wasting time in LFR? You probably spend 3-4 hours a week in LFR including the queue time. If you and your friends put some effort in, you will easily clear MSV in that time. You have no skilled and willing friends? Find some, join a guild... it's an MMORPG ffs.
    I clear 16/16 each week with my main...well msv not anymore..... gearing alts in lfr to be able to run pugs ....but like i said before...no motivation at all right now....

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Drops. nah. No impact.

Wiping 5 times in a row due to ppl sucking on garalon is another matter. Yes. they still wipe on garalon -.-
    I found it helpful to make a macro explaining the fight (even though its incredibly simple).

I also take the time to whisper people during the fight that run underneath the boss and force a crush.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally agree with OP. The drop rate in LFR may accurately model the average rate at which average players receive loot in a normal 25-man raid environment, but that rate itself can be frustrating.

Raiding lost interest to me when I stopped having enough time to organize and lead raids myself. LFR was a way to fill the void and see the content, but it is now basically an hour-long minor VP grind with change. Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    But how could we then improve this "issue"?
    Would it be better if you saw a roll every time a boss died, where 1-10 means loot?

Frankly I think that would cause more frustration.

And please don't go around about going back to the old system, it was a system plagued by griefing. Or dropping groups because too many players shared your tier token.
    Or dropped ranged weapons when there was no hunter.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    But how could we then improve this "issue"?
    Would it be better if you saw a roll every time a boss died, where 1-10 means loot?

Frankly I think that would cause more frustration.

And please don't go around about going back to the old system, it was a system plagued by griefing. Or dropping groups because too many players shared your tier token.
    Or dropped ranged weapons when there was no hunter.
    Blizz has already said they have the tech to take into consideration how long you've gone without a drop. Those quests where you have to get 12 "widow hearts" (or w/e) and the drop rate is 25%? Well, if you kill 50 and still only have 4-5 items, the drop rate chance increases. They could do this with loot drops. My pally has gone as many as 31 rolls without a win. That sucks.

I agree we can't go back to the old lfr system. But the new system is less favorable for getting items you need. A 15% chance of getting a random item from the loot table is not the same as rolling (for a 15% chance) for an item you need. At least for the elder tokens they could show you an item (or 2) and let you choose to roll with your token - or not. Depending on whether you need the item. For regular drops, they just need to increase the percent chance (plus the increased chance for those unlucky streaks).

Let's not forget too how they have made valor gear much more time consuming to acquire. Less valor per instance, a lower weekly cap, only 1 5-man per day at 80vp, and then hiding all the vp gear vendors behind rep. Since MoP hit, I feel like I was demoted to a minimum wage job with double overtime hours, and I can't spend my measly paycheck unless I "donate" countless more hours gaining rep.

We also need to consider the significant shift this represents. At the end of Wrath my mage hit 80 one day and was running ICC the next. Maybe that was "too" much, but that's what was there. Now, the amount of time and effort required is immensely higher with much lower rewards. Everything is relative; and this move is causing a lot of discouragement and frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's free VP, I don't see much of an issue as long as repeated wiping doesn't occur - an issue which Blizzard will be attempting to fix with their stacking buff thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's free VP, I don't see much of an issue
    How is it "free"? People spend their time, including 50+ min in Q, to run lfr. How is that different then spending time raiding normals or hard modes? Time is time my friend. Unless you feel that you are better than others and only your time is valuable.

I stopped as well due to not having any drops after a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeGrey View Post
    How is it "free"? People spend their time, including 50+ min in Q, to run lfr. How is that different then spending time raiding normals or hard modes? Time is time my friend. Unless you feel that you are better than others and only your time is valuable.
    Free because you get it regardless whether RNG shines upon you or not
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    Just sayin', all it takes is one/two people with brains to make garalon not be a wipe. But it is hard finding 1-2 people to stand up and do something helpful in LFR... so do it yourself.
    I've done Garalon so many times on 3 different characters and there's been one kill when I wasn't kiting or splitting the kiting. One of these days I'd like to actually DPS on that fight instead of running around the room...

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 10:48 AM ----------

I basically just run LFR for valor these days. I'm happy to get into a LFR on the last boss. My 3 90's are all over ilvl 480 and can get into 5.2 LFR so I don't really care about getting any more drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Since I just stopped running LFR after 3 weeks of nothing that goldbags, I was wondering how the droprates in LFR impacted your motivation to run lfr.

Before people start that I want everything without effort and stuff.... NO that's not true.
    But going 2 weeks without a single drop... not even something I already had, and using 3 coins each week, I just lost motivation to run it.
    And I am running it for loot... cause seeing the content happened the first time I ran it; after that it was just loot.
    1. Going for weeks without getting a piece you want in normal/heroic raiding is not unusual.
    2. LFR drop rates are calculated more like raiding than dungeons. This apparently is misunderstood by many.
    3. LFR is not a very effective way to get gear, nor is it meant to be since you can only get 1 reward/boss per week.

I sense that many expect the "loot progression"--for lack of a better phrase--in LFR to be feel a lot like how LFD rewards loot in terms or regularity. If true, this is wrong and not the way it was designed. There's a good discussion in whether or not this should be that way and apparently Blizzard has been listening to some of it as they've signaled that they'll raise the drop rates in LFR for T14 raids once T15 is out.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-04 at 07:28 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    1. Going for weeks without getting a piece you want in normal/heroic raiding is not unusual.
    2. LFR drop rates are calculated more like raiding than dungeons. This apparently is misunderstood by many.
    3. LFR is not a very effective way to get gear, nor is it meant to be since you can only get 1 reward/boss per week.

I sense that many expect the "loot progression"--for lack of a better phrase--in LFR to be feel a lot like how LFD rewards loot in terms or regularity. If true, this is wrong and not the way it was designed. There's a good discussion in whether or not this should be that way and apparently Blizzard has been listening to some of it as they've signaled that they'll raise the drop rates in LFR for T14 raids once T15 is out.
    LFR drops are calculated to keep people running the content, I don't think people would have a problem if they were guaranteed one item per week however it is often impractical to buy gear from vendors due the slow rate you gain valour compared to the item cost and you also face the issue that many upgrades are hidden behind reps.

The increased drop rate for T14 in 5.2 is due to no other catch up mechanism for new level 90s, if they thought the drop rates were a problem we would have seen an increase across the board.

10+ Year Old Account
    it did impact my hubby motivation to do it... he got in total 4 lfr drop since the start... on 3 character... :S even using token.. and this week he got the same belt.. 3 times.. TT.. i think he will stop doing it for a while

No, have done Terrace on lfr since it was available. No sha touched weapon but i raid normal aswell so i don't mind free gold.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

It had an effect on my desire to play the game in general. When LFR becomes the primary, almost sole source of your progression and you get nothing out of it you want to quit. To an extent the developers recognize this as well their ends are just different from mine I guess.

Some do, sure. Overall, player behavior is so massively influenced by rewards that it's hard to extricate rewarding from fun.
    Ghostcrawler himself.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-04 at 08:16 PM.

No motivation at all without loot.

Today I aquired LFR gun, and officially ended my adventure with RF, at least in this patch. Compared to heroic dungeons and even scenarios, it's dull, it's boring, and it's unrewarding - and I'm not talking about gear now. HCs are pretty much faster and funnier, and when you know you do nice DPS it can be a lot of fun. Killing Lilian Voss before Darkmaster even ends his speech about 'transformation' is epic And HCs drop nearly the same amount of VPs. If LFRs would drop twice the amount, I would consider it.

Stop running it then and get your gear like a real player. Get the valor upgrades, heroic 5 man gear and go into a raid. LFR is killing this game and people are mad it won't drop loot for them every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I so love lfr till now, fck amazing, 2 full (same t14) sets,2 sha weapons, every other single items droped (back ,bracer, belt, neck, rings, trinkets, legend gem, non set shoulders, non set gloves, non set head, etc etc...) I mean its fck amzaing, but you know what, I never expected something special in lfr, only fun and good times and yeah I never afked and give everything from myself, so I think good karma helping alot with ofcource good rng. So be good enjoy in lfr and loot will come