Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    They should really just nerf 10 man by 20-30%, stick it on its own diff called Starter 10 or something and stick it on the LFR lockout and gear ilvl. Make it for ilvl 460+ and it'd be a perfect dumping ground for alt raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 24 reasons I dont run LFR, and drops an't one of them.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Sometimes it feels like you're farming a rare mount..

A lack of loot drops from LFR doesnt make me want to stop running LFR. I still get a decent amount of valor from completing them on my alts so I can at least progress towards more gear. What drives me nuts is all of the people who still trigger Garalon's Crush ability multiple times in a fight. That's the kind of thing that makes me less motivated to run LFR.

3 weeks with no drop..
    and this week I got Head+chest+glove of the set + a belt and by running mogushan got another chest.

yeah random is random.

Never saw any of the 3-4 trinkets and any 1h or 2h weapon tho since release

Hilarious. One minute you're reading about all the wellfare available in this game, the next you're reading about how loot doesn't drop. I wonder if either view is correct.

The hour long queue for ToES is what turned me off from it. I'd rather level my alt.

No not really. I mostly only run them for offspec gear at this point but they are an easy way to cap valor quickly so that is generally what I run them for.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    The gold charm thingys need to be greatly improved for LFR purposes. Give a 50% chance to drop an item if you use a charm. That seems fair to me, it's only LFR gear, for goodness sake.

I've given up on a lot of wow. I do still raid and I'll always be an altoholic but running LFR's is pointless. Add in I don't cap valor on any toon so I don't get the cap reward. I've done the minimal amount if rep, just a week ago I finally hit revered with golden lotus due to not wanting to have blue shoulders when 5.2 hits. Sad considering I have we'll over 100 kills in normal modes and probably similar amount in lfrs. Add in i have 4 toons level capped so lfr just doesn't make sense. Not worth the hassle for a shot of gear once a month.

As soon as my friends wrap it up ill stop playing I'm sure. Not to thrilled with the direction wow has gone this expansion. Some things are very cool but not enough to keep me interested. But I think I'm in the minority, I liked the way cata worked for gear and Alts. Rep grinding thru heroics was a lot of fun for me.

I would probably like lfr if we didn't have griefers. But blizzard can't do anything to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    I've given up on a lot of wow. I do still raid and I'll always be an altoholic but running LFR's is pointless. Add in I don't cap valor on any toon so I don't get the cap reward. I've done the minimal amount if rep, just a week ago I finally hit revered with golden lotus due to not wanting to have blue shoulders when 5.2 hits. Sad considering I have we'll over 100 kills in normal modes and probably similar amount in lfrs. Add in i have 4 toons level capped so lfr just doesn't make sense. Not worth the hassle for a shot of gear once a month.

As soon as my friends wrap it up ill stop playing I'm sure. Not to thrilled with the direction wow has gone this expansion. Some things are very cool but not enough to keep me interested. But I think I'm in the minority, I liked the way cata worked for gear and Alts. Rep grinding thru heroics was a lot of fun for me.

I would probably like lfr if we didn't have griefers. But blizzard can't do anything to stop it.
    Minority or not you aren't alone in this. Lot's of people prefered rep grinding in heroics but we'll see how many are happy with this current vision for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If you had good drop rates then you wouldn't be running it now anyway, you would have no reason to go back in. That's the whole point of the droprates being low.

I have 4 piece tier and Sha-Touched weapons on almost all my chars, only a couple are lower than 480ilvl, and that's just from LFR. Either I'm really lucky, or those players that cry they have been farming for months and months actually haven't.
    I'll give you two extremes:
    1) My monk took very little time to gear up. The first day I hit 80, I got to 460 with crafted items. Then, proceeded to do a chain run of the Sha, then all the LFRs, won 5-6 items and got to 475-ish that day.
    2) My lock has had crappy luck. I was at 460 the day after hit 90 due to having the staff from inscription and hands/chest from tailoring. I ran MV LFR and Sha each week and used all three of my coins (2 in last half of MV and 1 on Sha). After five runs, only three things dropped for me. They were, of course, the gloves, hands and wand...all downgrades from the crafted items. After five runs (since I wasn't maxxing VP each week on this character), I bought my biggest valor upgrade...the headpiece from Shado-pan. Week six: guess what dropped? Yep, the helm. At that point, I said "screw it" and haven't bothered farming coins. Funny this is...since I did that, I've gotten a drop both of the next weeks. So, in the six weeks before that, I had 7 (6 MV bosses + Sha) normal rolls and 3 coin rolls per week. That's 60 rolls with 4 won items. That's only 6.6...% drop rate for me. Though, if you only count useful items, it's 0%. Still not able to get into HoF LFR since I don't have the ilvl since I can't win much in MV LFR and I haven't been valor capping her since I'd never get to raid with her in our normal runs.

Deleted
    Until 2 days ago, since the start of MoP, I had not a single drop from raid finder.

2 days Ago I went and did all my weekly raid finder raids on my warlock, a char of mine that was behind my main in terms of gear. I got 5 pieces of loot in the same day, including 3 tier 14, and jumped ahead of my shaman in Ilvl.

It's just RNG, for months you can go with nothing, and then on the same day, you can pick up 5 items.

Personally my only complaint with LFR is people who complain that they cant get loot from it. especially after the coin implementation. sure it sucks to use 15 coins on a single boss and never get the drop you want but thats 15 extra tries i wouldnt normally have, plus the 5 from the implementation of LFR. Sure LFR takes time but everything with a reward should take time and effort, if the effort isnt worth it to you dont do it. plain and simple.
    to those saying "LFR is ruining the game" i dont see how optional content or additional content could ever ruin a game.
    complaining does nothing to better the experience, though i could see venting help. Just think, if lfr didnt exist you couldnt even have these qualms.

So you think we should run LFR because its fun? I ran it to get gear. When unrealized thats no how the game works I quit running it, for the most part.

With almost non existent loot drops and the horrid play of casuals LFR is the least rewarding experience in WOW ( in my opinion off)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Stop running it then and get your gear like a real player. Get the valor upgrades, heroic 5 man gear and go into a raid. LFR is killing this game and people are mad it won't drop loot for them every time.
    Who is talking about every time? Where did you read that?
    And btw raiding is not something the majority of the players do, as it takes too much time and dedication to some kind of raid schedule.
    I am not a player who let wow run his life and schedule, so I am not a valid raider for any guild.

But again, this thread is not about loot dropping every time but about how it affects one's motivation when you run it for weeks without any drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The dropchance increases my motivation..
    Every week I'm like "THIS TIME! Now I will get my Sha-touched weapon."
    But no. I won't get it.
    Maybe next week? I'm 100% sure that I will get it now.
    I use that same motivation on Raven Lord, Doesn't drop maybe 2morro & same outcome. One day that dam bird will drop my mount.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I use that same motivation on Raven Lord, Doesn't drop maybe 2morro & same outcome. One day that dam bird will drop my mount.
    It is said that the definition of insanity is carrying out the same action and expecting different results.

Yeah I'm close to giving up on LFR, I have gotten 1 item total on my main which I didn't even need because on there I raid with my guild. On my shaman which I have ran all 5 LFR's for a month and a half straight on I have gotten nothing. I just can't get loot this xpac...I've ran 15+ heroics on my monk and haven't gotten a single piece. I think blizzard cursed my account to never get gear because at end of cata i had 6 toons above 400 ilvl and 10 above 385

Blizzard just want you to do dailies to get charms and VP items. As simple as that. Why? Dailies are very "lazy" design for them. Dailies is just pick up a mob/item and mark it for killing/collecting. No designing, coding and testing are involved. At the end of WotLK and in Cata, they have added new QOL techs: LFD, LFR, phasing, but then they have realized, that they have not enough resource to make content, using this techs. So they tryed to shift back to obsolete techs, like dailies and call it "more content". And what is dailies? 8 year ago RPGs was about leveling and questing only - there was not much techs for engame content. And at that time the idea to let players repeat some quest every day was great. But today... Today it just looks ugly and obsolete. And some new techs, like autoincreasing spawn rates, is not helping at all - sometimes it becames even worse. So Blizzard just want to milk money form you without investing anything into improving of game.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club