10+ Year Old Account

Digital drawing..

I draw comic strips as a hobby, but my only 'tools' so far has been an ordinary pencil, an eraser and a pencil sharpener. I know that professionals use digital boards, but I really have no idea how they work, or even what they are technically called. I found this, http://www.wacom.com/products/pen-ta...5-touch-medium but I have no idea if this is what I'm looking for. If anyone know about this stuff, I would appreciate the help

If you have the money and feel like it's worth investing the money in a drawing board I would go for the wacom I have one myself, the 5,large. I had the intous 2 too, The difference is so big that it's not worth getting intous 2 imo. XD But yeah, that's what most people use, there's also a more expensive one but that's more for companies. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nigaogaki View Post
    If you have the money and feel like it's worth investing the money in a drawing board I would go for the wacom I have one myself, the 5,large. I had the intous 2 too, The difference is so big that it's not worth getting intous 2 imo. XD But yeah, that's what most people use, there's also a more expensive one but that's more for companies. Good luck!
    Okay, thanks! Seems the Wacom boards are for use with Photoshop and other programs though, you are watching the computer screen while drawing. I was thinking something more like this http://www.solidsmack.com/wp-content...ux-CHI2009.JPG.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2013-02-04 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a Wacom for $50. It's nothing fancy but it does the job.
    Putin khuliyo

If you're just starting out with digital art, a Wacom Bamboo tablet will be great for you. They're small compared to say, a Cintiq (my dream, but they're so expensive), but they are excellent. It's weird drawing on something while looking at the screen, but you get used to it very very quickly. They're rather cheap, and last a long time, so you'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    I draw comic strips as a hobby, but my only 'tools' so far has been an ordinary pencil, an eraser and a pencil sharpener. I know that professionals use digital boards, but I really have no idea how they work, or even what they are technically called. I found this, http://www.wacom.com/products/pen-ta...5-touch-medium but I have no idea if this is what I'm looking for. If anyone know about this stuff, I would appreciate the help
    There are many ways you can do this, buy a small Wacom (you don't really need a big one) and mess around with it, at first its alittle hard to draw on, but if you keep at it you can become good with it. But if you want you can do what some people do, Draw on Drawing paper, use a pen and ink the lines, then scan it into your computer and clean it up and color it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks so much all of you, I'll probably get the Bamboo Pen one. Just to start with