Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Then you should at least watch the Movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y5J4zZeVFw
    A movie made in 1955 I'll give it a chance >.< Also I was reading up on this guy. I was wondering are there any members of the house of york still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I was wondering are there any members of the house of york still alive?
    There are descendants today - that's how they identified Richard III's remains using DNA. But the House of York itself went extinct with the death of Edward Plantagenet in 1499. His execution also marked the extinction of the (legitimate) House of Plantagenet.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2013-02-04 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    There are descendants today - that's how they identified Richard III's remains using DNA. But the House of York itself went extinct with the death of Edward Plantagenet in 1499. His execution also marked the extinction of the House of Plantagenet.
    I see does any noble house in England still stand besides the queens.

obligatory spam post

Deleted
    Of course, dozens if not hundreds throughout Europe.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    obligatory spam post

Snip
    Sleeping in that thing it is no wonder he had a bad back.

Prior to the 1999 reforms, 750 peers sat in the House of Lords by virtue of a hereditary title. So I guess, there's about 750 noble houses still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Prior to the 1999 reforms, 750 peers sits in the House of Lords by virtue of a hereditary title. So I guess, there's about 750 noble houses still.
    I will assume those are just in the Commonwealth, I would not like to attempt to count all the other European countries that have a small claim to the British crown. It could easily run into the Thousands.

Good they found him. Hopefully it won't be long before we can punish him for all the brutal murders he committed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Good they found him. Hopefully it won't be long before we can punish him for all the brutal murders he committed.
    I wonder if David Cameron will use this victory in order to get re-elected. He got him when the other presi....Prime ministers failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    A movie made in 1955 I'll give it a chance >.< Also I was reading up on this guy. I was wondering are there any members of the house of york still alive?
    Yes, it's worth giving a chance to. The 95 one is good, but stylized and has big names:
    http://youtu.be/E6_j3sgfaGg

So is a less popular play, Titus, that was done in a similar stile and is amazing:
    http://youtu.be/-snslXbUv7I

Edited for clarification.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-02-04 at 04:32 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Citation needed. I decided to research ze topic but I cant find anything on wikipedia about when car parks were invented after having read ze first three or four words in ze first sentence of each paragraph.
    Ask Sheldon for a fun fact. He'll know it :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    Ask Sheldon for a fun fact. He'll know it :O
    Car parks simply replaced coach parks, which were few in number indeed considering only the wealthy could afford the use of a coach. Although back then the Coach park would not only guard your coach for the night, but your horse too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Yes, it's worth giving a chance to. The 95 one is good, but stylized and has big names:
    Just thinking, the 1995 film (with Ian Mckellen) concluded in something that resembled a multi-story car park.

So they found a Richard Cranium.... in a car park.

Not so unusual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So they found a Richard Cranium.... in a car park.

Not so unusual.
    It is very unusual actually, this one was not surrounded by empty tins of cheap lager or vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post

So is a less popular play, Titus, that was done in a similar stile and is amazing:
    http://youtu.be/-snslXbUv7I

Edited for clarification.
    Pfft, want to know more about Richard the Third? This is the video to watch! Especially the first 70 seconds (no skipping, heretics). And this here is the famous scene of Richard III's death, immortalised forever by Shakespeare!
    Last edited by semaphore; 2013-02-04 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I ask what made them look in a car park in the first place... ?

I fail to understand why finding his bones is important...

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Can I ask what made them look in a car park in the first place... ?
    i read they used map regression to narrow it down, and used a ground penetrating radar to search further
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I fail to understand why finding his bones is important...
    It's not important per se, it's just cool. Like if Lincoln's burial place is lost and then some researchers found it again, wouldn't it be cool?