Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Yes, I was being an ass, but I honestly didn't realize the translation of "Car Park" was "Parking Lot".

Its like Fish and Chips, is called Fried Fish n French Fries in US. . . . damn now I want some with malt vinegar.
    I've honestly never seen Fish and French Fries on a menu. It's Fish and Chips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    I've honestly never seen Fish and French Fries on a menu. It's Fish and Chips.
    Chips are not the same as french fries either, french fries are much thinner.

Fries.....

Chips....

Totally different taste in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    So he is one of the most famous monarchs in history because he's the basis of one of the less significant works of the most famous (probably) writer in history?
    Yes, very much so.

The British film institute suggests Olivier's Richard III may have done more to popularize Shakespeare than any other piece of work.According to the British Film Institute, the 25–40 million viewers during its airing on US television, "would have outnumbered the sum of the play's theatrical audiences over the 358 years since its first performance. - wiki

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    He is well known due to Shakespeare, I don't think anybody that speaks English has never heard of Shakespeare. His works are required reading in most Anglosphere schools, not to mention several movie adaptions and parodies on TV (Blackadder).
    Well, first of all, him being one of the most famous monarchs in Anglosphere culture doesn't make it so for the whole world. Second, we all do Shakespeare. It's just that I guess that in the Anglosphere you do more than Hamlet, Romeo and Julet, Othello, Macbeth, King Lear and some of his sonnets.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    RICH1471, those pics of fries sure look yummy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanatos View Post
    RICH1471, those pics of fries sure look yummy!
    They sure do, I am not a fan of British style chips, give me French fries anytime.

Chips are not the same as french fries either, french fries are much thinner.

Fries.....

Chips....

Totally different taste in my opinion.
    british chips and american french fries cover the same items in the US, there are just different styles of them (which include what you pictured as chips)
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Deleted
    They sure do, I am not a fan of British style chips, give me French fries anytime.

if done right i love proper fat chips, but most of the time they are rather cooked too long and the inside is dry and horrible, or undercooked and the inside is hard. i prefer french fries because they're easier to cook

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    if done right i love proper fat chips, but most of the time they are rather cooked too long and the inside is dry and horrible, or undercooked and the inside is hard. i prefer french fries because they're easier to cook
    I like the crisp that you dont get on the fat chips, unless you count the ends but theres never enough of them.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure they had car parks back in 1485 semaphore...
    Yep. Volvo S40 all over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Yep. Volvo S40 all over.
    They also found an old crisp packet (flavour unknown) and an empty coca cola can, badly rusted in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    So he is one of the most famous monarchs in history because he's the basis of one of the less significant works of the most famous (probably) writer in history?
    I thought Richard III is one of the more famous Shakespearean works...

"A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"