Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Easy DMC + Mass Gold trick

Saw this on a forum, its not exploiting, its about buying herbs cheap as you can, mass making inks, and making BOp shoulders and vendoring them, to use gold to buy more herbs to keep milling for starlight ink to make mass cards. This works more if your a multiboxer or have a bunch of scribes, was used in earlu launch of MOP but if your realm still sells the cards, here is an easier way or possibly free way to make DMC's

TL;DR: Buy cheap herbs. Craft BoP shoulder enchants. Vendor them all.

I just got 1575 gold and 229 Starlight Inks for free with some milling.

I had 3000g on each 4 scribe (12000g in total), and I spent that gold for cheap MoP herbs (max. 1g60s a stack)
    Milled all those herbs, and used all the Inks of Dream for crafting 724x Secret Crane Wing Inscription, which vendor price is huge 18g 75s.

So I had 12000g to spend, and after vendoring I got 13575g and 229 Starlight Inks in my bags.
    If you are mass-producing Darkmoon cards like I am, then you're going to simply love this, but only if you can obtain herbs for cheap price.

I'm crafting 13 cards daily with no cost, actually earning a bit while doing this thing.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post

I spent that gold for cheap MoP herbs (max. 1g60s a stack)
    I've never seen stacks that low.

Deleted
    Less than 2g a stack? Yeah, sounds ridiculously legitimate.

Deleted
    woah, what server has MoP herbs that cheap?!

10+ Year Old Account
    To have profit using this method, what is the max you must pay per stack?

Anyone knows?
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    Either people are putting up MoP herbs for cheap by accident or your servers economy/population is skewed.

A 20 stack of green leaf tea goes for around 22g on my server with the other herbs +/- 5g a stack.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no the person means per herb.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 01:15 AM ----------

Anyone knows?
    1g60s per herb, so do math per stack
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    yeah... tbh, due to bots and mass spawn of herbs and ore, the economy is kinda crap atm :S

Farming ore/herbs is the worst way to get gold... unless you bot ofc.

This tactic you say is the usual way for botters to make money from their herbs. I think there was a ban wave because of botting + abusing this system...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post

Anyone knows?
    let's do the math:

secret crane wing inscription is 18G75. you need 3 ink for it, so 6G25 per ink. an ink is 2 pigment, so 3G125 per pigment. you get 2-3 pigments per milling, 4 millings per stack. that means that 1 stack of herb is worth 10 pigment, or 31G25. if your stack is more expensive than that, you're losing on it.

On my server, glyphs regularly sell for upwards of 300g (obviously not all of them, but that's what TSM is for). Seems like a massive waste to make them into BoP shoulder enchants and vendor them. You'd just need a glyph to sell for ~20g, which is really really low, for it to beat that. Granted if all your glyphs are selling for 20g the time investment probably isn't worth the 1g 25s additional profit, but there's simply no way that's the case. You aren't really gaining that much time either... the massive bulk of the time is milling and turning the resulting pigment into inks. Once you have all the glyphs in a TSM group, relisting is a matter of 5-10 min and can easily be done while you do something else.

But to each his own I guess.

Deleted
    1.60 per Herb or per Stack?!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nctank View Post
    yeah... tbh, due to bots and mass spawn of herbs and ore, the economy is kinda crap atm :S

Farming ore/herbs is the worst way to get gold... unless you bot ofc.

This tactic you say is the usual way for botters to make money from their herbs. I think there was a ban wave because of botting + abusing this system...
    did they rebuff herb spawns? cause last i checked i went to a dead server via CRZ it took me like 10 min to get 60 fools cap....it was aweful

and this is known as the shoulder shuffle im pritty sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    You aren't really gaining that much time either... the massive bulk of the time is milling and turning the resulting pigment into inks.
    What about auto-milling (With a Keyboard or Key-Press Software? Is that still a reason to get banned?
    Turning pigments into ink is just 1 click with standard craft window, then AFK.

I LOVE your idea, thanks for sharing!!

On my server, glyphs regularly sell for upwards of 300g (obviously not all of them, but that's what TSM is for). Seems like a massive waste to make them into BoP shoulder enchants and vendor them. You'd just need a glyph to sell for ~20g, which is really really low, for it to beat that. Granted if all your glyphs are selling for 20g the time investment probably isn't worth the 1g 25s additional profit, but there's simply no way that's the case. You aren't really gaining that much time either... the massive bulk of the time is milling and turning the resulting pigment into inks. Once you have all the glyphs in a TSM group, relisting is a matter of 5-10 min and can easily be done while you do something else.

Demand is limited, specially with most servers having a glyph baron or two, this is an unlimited method of getting the starlight ink you need

my server has had herbs as low as 1g25 a herb, tarren mill EU, but we do have a delicious amount of bots farming keeping our herbs low, and even ghost iron ore under 1g a piece.

GO BOTS make me easy gold!

Deleted
    2 gold a stack? Yeah, seems legit.
    If my server had those prices I doubt I'd need the money anyway.

Think about it this way: You only make 1.25g from the enchant but you also gain rare inks which you can sell. I don't know what their price is now (and it is probably dying off) but it can be a very lucrative method because you are basically getting paid to mill rare inks.

Quote Originally Posted by OddElum View Post
    2 gold a stack? Yeah, seems legit.
    If my server had those prices I doubt I'd need the money anyway.
    It was established many posts back that he meant per herb.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Saw this on a forum, its not exploiting, its about buying herbs cheap as you can, mass making inks, and making BOp shoulders and vendoring them, to use gold to buy more herbs to keep milling for starlight ink to make mass cards. This works more if your a multiboxer or have a bunch of scribes, was used in earlu launch of MOP but if your realm still sells the cards, here is an easier way or possibly free way to make DMC's

TL;DR: Buy cheap herbs. Craft BoP shoulder enchants. Vendor them all.

I just got 1575 gold and 229 Starlight Inks for free with some milling.

I had 3000g on each 4 scribe (12000g in total), and I spent that gold for cheap MoP herbs (max. 1g60s a stack)
    Milled all those herbs, and used all the Inks of Dream for crafting 724x Secret Crane Wing Inscription, which vendor price is huge 18g 75s.

So I had 12000g to spend, and after vendoring I got 13575g and 229 Starlight Inks in my bags.
    If you are mass-producing Darkmoon cards like I am, then you're going to simply love this, but only if you can obtain herbs for cheap price.

I'm crafting 13 cards daily with no cost, actually earning a bit while doing this thing.
    Good luck with sustaining this. Basic economics 101 dictate that you will soon see the price of herbs rising because you have just created an infinite demand for them. The more people that try doing this, the quicker the price of the herbs will increase to the point where you no longer make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Think about it this way: You only make 1.25g from the enchant but you also gain rare inks which you can sell. I don't know what their price is now (and it is probably dying off) but it can be a very lucrative method because you are basically getting paid to mill rare inks.
    You gain those same rare inks making glyphs... glyphs take common inks. Whether you make BOP shoulder enchants or glyphs is irrelevant to the rare inks.

The 1.25g number I mentioned was the amount you'd make over vendoring a shoulder enchant if you sold a glyph for 20g (20 - 18.75). The amount you make (not considering the rare inks) on each vendored enchant is variable based on what you're paying for herbs, so I'm not sure what you were trying to use it for.

I would still think it much better to at least make some high valued/commonly used glyphs, and then turn the rest into shoulder enchants depending on your level of laziness. Glyphs are how I've made a good portion of my gold, and I'm far from a "baron", nor do I bot. I spend a chunk of time on a weekend doing the herb buying and milling -> inking -> glyphing, then about 10 mins a day relisting.