Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    ---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 02:29 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Someone's just put 400, yes 400 stacks of 20 for 23g I'm about to get rich
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-02-14 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samsine View Post
    [...] and then auto mill it with AutoKeyPress. [...]
    Which counts as botting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i bought 250 in the end milled it with my macro (dont do botting) afked while it all turned to ink (40 odd minutes at least :S) sold stuff for 9k and put other stuff on AH for 7k so for 6k worth of mats i made 15-16k so its not a get rich quick scheme but its certainly not a loss for basically afking.

Just did the maths for Draenor EU, works out around 1.6k per hour (horrible server economy as we're plagued by high pop)

If that counts as worth your time, go for it, but I would seriously encourage you to simply google around, you can make that kind of gold quite easily in 10 minutes these days. And I was generous with the time required.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Just did the maths for Draenor EU, works out around 1.6k per hour (horrible server economy as we're plagued by high pop)

If that counts as worth your time, go for it, but I would seriously encourage you to simply google around, you can make that kind of gold quite easily in 10 minutes these days. And I was generous with the time required.
    Well, thats a bad economy, obviously thats not worth it.

Deleted
    I've never seen stacks of herbs for 1.6g/stack o_o

I miss the old days where i could just use gamehack to get infinite everything in games, then again those were the days when you could play your games offline.

I wish my server had a similar market, herbs for for 2g+ each.

Deleted
    bought 200 stacks for 23g per stack, its only a damn anoying job to mill all these herbs :S

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syntactic View Post
    bought 200 stacks for 23g per stack, its only a damn anoying job to mill all these herbs :S
    true but if you use something like enchantrix it helps, no need to mouse over, just click yes each time it pops, I just leave my mouse on yes and click it every few secs while i watch a movie or something and before i know it, its done, but im doing this x5 toons in the one go while most are using 1 toon, 1 account.

or a mix of prospecting and milling at same time on all screens with 1 press
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Thanks for the tip, managed to buy a tonne of herbs at 20g a stack and make a tidy profit doing this. Thats not counting the DMCs I got from it too.

Since then, all the stacks seem to be at about 40g a stack
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Deleted
    I did this for a while then stopped. It just encourages players to go out and bot. I was receiving 100+ stacks a day from the same people. Was good money though for the Starlight Inks, they sold all month round too not just during DMF.

What realm are you playing on that they are that cheap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick2hotsauce View Post
    What realm are you playing on that they are that cheap
    Alliance aeire peak eu just saw 800 stacks going for 1.04g I bought 600 yesterday at 1.10. Tbh I didnt buy loads this morning because i burnt myself out milling herbs yetserday. All herbs on the ah are under 1.25g except for fools cap. I even picked up 250 golden lotus at 10g each so i made a load of flasks and made a big profit on those too.

Did this for a couple of days untill i ran out of scrolls, made 27k in total im pretty much just selling starlight inks cheap in bulk to make cash now..roll on DMF so ican get some trinkets!
    Bots flooding ah on my realm with cheap herbs helps, Constantly reporting them as bots but nothing ever seems to be done about it

Dude you must be lucky then, herbs go for 50g+/stack on my server, thats the minimum price, it goes up from there.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Alliance aeire peak eu just saw 800 stacks going for 1.04g I bought 600 yesterday at 1.10. Tbh I didnt buy loads this morning because i burnt myself out milling herbs yetserday. All herbs on the ah are under 1.25g except for fools cap. I even picked up 250 golden lotus at 10g each so i made a load of flasks and made a big profit on those too.
    It's strange how something like this hits the web and soon goes viral. I read this thread last night but had to go spinning and gave it a shot when i got back. I had bucket loads of herbs from various toons so used them up and make a quick 1k or so plus Starlights.

But to test it out proper I bought 1 stack of Silkweed and then 4 stacks. Ran the numbers. On 1 stack at 24g 75s I turned a small profit of 75g or so plus had a couple of Starlights. Bought 4 stacks and made a profit of 250g or so plus half a dozen Starlights. The method works but you really need to ask yourself is it worth your personal time. Anything more than 25g and I don't think so.

Funny Draykorinee, I'm on AP also, whose your toon? I bought up all the Silkweed and remaining Descrated herbs last night. I checked today and Tea Leaf was 30g but most other herbs 60g plus. I guess the key is in timing and buying in bulk.

I bet quite a few folks made a tidy sum on this before it became public knowledge. Much like most of these deals, i.e. de'ing alchemy trinkets into sha crystals.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post

Funny Draykorinee, I'm on AP also, whose your toon? I bought up all the Silkweed and remaining Descrated herbs last night. I checked today and Tea Leaf was 30g but most other herbs 60g plus. I guess the key is in timing and buying in bulk.
    Toons are draykorini and draykorona (EU AP). The weekend is the key here, weekdays prices go up weekends they go down its how its been ever since i played the auction house. I think that there is a point where even though its profitable the time and effort is not worth the small reward. When I saw 800 stacks for 1g a herb I knew that it would be worth it.
    Ultimately 18.75/3 is 6.25 so each ink is 6.25 therefore each herb is worth 3.2g Its really up to the person if they think its worth doing or not there are less time consuming ways to earn money, I agree I wont pay anymore than 25g a stack for this trick. If I could get a graph printout of prices on herbs it would be very clearly showing that saturday evening through to sunday night are great times to bag bargains. People must farm (bot) during the week and shift them at the weekend or something. Im still stuck with about 20 random dmf cards that i cant make a set and arent really shifting but otherwise loads of profit.