Wink DKs are outdated hero class ?

Hello Dear DK fellows!
    i used to play with lock or mage in wow, but as melee i loved dk and
    played in LK and Cata as an alt and sometimes main in pvp.
    when mop came, i decided to start with my lock and geared up him.
    My brother is a healer so we used to get fast conq cap easily with
    my lock and my RL friend who is a really good mage 3v3 we went up to 2.400.

Mop gave really nice things to lock:P i feel sometimes lol omg
    that is too much but they design the class i play.
    after a while I decided to lvl up my Dk I read everywhere
    that they make OMG BURST and smashing dmg bla bla..then i went frost
    because unholy with micro pet management sucks and clunky spec with many
    luckluster abilities, i tried but no way outdated.

During the time i have played arena and bg even rated with my DK, i realised how hard it is
    to stay on target and how useless many of the abilities in pvp that dks have
    in his arsenal, so i wondered what couters DK, absolutely NOTHING
    i dont even bother to use Necrotic strike and soul reaper with 70k dmg PATHETIC
    and OUTDATED, after a while my partners told me
    " bro plz stop with that shit class, we cant carry you anymore",
    because we have lost against some combos with my dk so badly that i was just frustrated
    as i had nothing to counter althoug i am a decent pvp player.
    same combos we facerolled with my lock to be honest.
    with 70% resilience and full set set i die like fly altough i get same even
    more healing from my friend.

when i play with my lock i can solo even 2 ppl sometimes, i feel so
    invincable, but dks NO WAY.
    Ok frost does good burst damage,but
    so locks mages, spriests and even hunters and warrior do too.
    so as a result i see dks as an outdated class with more or less useless abilities.
    sorry for some grammer mistakes and bad english
    have a nice day

I enjoy my dk very much! I don't pvp though...
    Mother pus bucket!

So you enjoy your lock more? Play that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ranking show:
    1 DK in the Top 10 of the World 2v2 - 9th place
    1 DK in the Top 10 of the World 3v3 - 9th place
    3 DK in the Top 10 of the World 5v5 - 1st place, 8th place, 9th place

Seems like they are competitive somehow.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/5v5/

Deleted
    The DK class does feel outdated and clunky now. When I first played it in wrath it felt so superior and nicer to play than my warrior I was happy to reroll.

The "OMG DKs are OP" chorus has been going for so long the issues that the class has get ignored. Blues themselves admitted they listened to DKs too much during wrath beta leading to them being OP and many Dks now feel we are being ignored because of that.

When I look at the class and compare it to others the cracks are showing. Nearly all our defensive cooldowns and self heals cost resources and have a significant impact on our damage when used.

We also have issues when even our snare costs us a massive chunk of our damage just to stay on target, to say nothing for our new dispel. We also lost Hungering Cold and Desecration to make it even worse.

The biggest issue though is how squishy we are. Something is very wrong when we die in seconds in plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurusotah View Post
    because unholy with micro pet management sucks and clunky spec with many
    luckluster abilities, i tried but no way outdated.
    Learn to play unholy anyway, and gem for resil instead of power if you're doing arena. Learn to macro your pet to gnaw and leap with DT up to stun, when to gargoyle, soul-reaper, and exactly how to play with your comp and what targets you're supposed to be on. Don't chalk it up to "DK's suck, don't play them".

As far as DK in pvp goes, I was getting a bit fed up with the class too. However recently I decided to gem RESI instead of PvP Power, to the point at which I have around +3000 resi from gems and enchants. I play in blood presence in bgs when I don't have a healer and/or when I'm being bursted - Honestly, it makes the class much more bearable.

I like the DK in pve. However not a lot has changed for them it seems. I took a break from cata and came back in MoP. Frost felt the same with one or 2 extra buttons to press. So it was easy to jump in and level up and know my rotation for the most part. PVP from what I have tried seems sorta boring and clunky. As frost you die to quickly but on the other hand burst is pretty good. I feel like some changes should be made with PVP but pther than that even though it seems the same as wrath I still have fun with huge numbers and burst! Plus I love the fact that frost gets a choice with frost. DW or 2H. Unholy on theo ther hand...I hate the pet portion so I stay clear of that. I loved unholy back when pet management wasn't a need. I dunno maybe I'm just lazy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sir-connor View Post
    As far as DK in pvp goes, I was getting a bit fed up with the class too. However recently I decided to gem RESI instead of PvP Power, to the point at which I have around +3000 resi from gems and enchants. I play in blood presence in bgs when I don't have a healer and/or when I'm being bursted - Honestly, it makes the class much more bearable.
    Same. BP + 64.05% defense means I live a lot longer. Add in that BP only means losing a slight bit of rune regen and movement speed and there is no reason not to use it in arena. Frost can't do this since they lost both RP gen and the lowered RP cost of FS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sir-connor View Post
    To me it feels very wrong that we are forced into Blood Presence to even survive a little bit in pvp. Frost and Unholy Dk's never had to sit in blood to compete before.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    To me it feels very wrong that we are forced into Blood Presence to even survive a little bit in pvp. Frost and Unholy Dk's never had to sit in blood to compete before.
    Well...technically they did at once point. But that was when blood presence was the dps presence and frost pres was the tank presence.