Thread: New to Rift

Deleted

New to Rift

So i bought rift, the expansion and signed myself up to a month
    Now, i want to make a melee class, which class and soul compositions do you suggest? thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliesheen View Post
    Now, i want to make a melee class, which class and soul compositions do you suggest? thanks.
    Pretty much every class has a viable melee composition and souls, some have more than others, but I mean it's personal preference

Mages = Harbinger
    Cleric = Shaman
    Warriors = Champion/Riftblade/Paragon
    Rogues = Bladedancer/Assassin/Nightblade

There is a lot to play around with, I'd suggest either starting out with Warrior or Rogue, Rogue is a lot more face paced melee combat in comparison to Warrior as in rogues have 1 second GCD where as Warriors have a 1.5 second GCD =) Either way pretty much every melee soul is packed full of 'tiger blood' so your almost guarenteed to be 'winning' on the DPS meters at 60

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliesheen View Post
    Unfortunately no classes are made of tiger blood, so you are probably going to be underwhelmed with the offerings. With that being said, every class has at least one melee soul so it really depends on personl preference. You didn't really give us a lot to go by. If you want multiple melee options, try a warrior or rogue.

Downside is that melee are brutally punished in this game to being almost not viable right now. Trion have intentions to correct this by boosting melee damage since their uptime is pretty low in encounters due to the necessity to avoid damage or die in the blink of an eye.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Mages = Harbinger
    Cleric = Shaman
    Warriors = Champion/Riftblade/Paragon
    Rogues = Bladedancer/Assassin/Nightblade
    No Druid love for the easiest solo class : (

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Pretty much every class has a viable melee composition and souls, some have more than others, but I mean it's personal preference
    Either way pretty much every melee soul is packed full of 'tiger blood' so your almost guarenteed to be 'winning' on the DPS meters at 60
    Haha, I see what you did there! Probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't happen to just watch an old killvideo I made on WoW, where I used this song

Sorry for OT, but I agree that Rogue would be a good choice!
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    No Druid love for the easiest solo class : (
    Druid is a tanking class didn't you here. In Rift you want a mix of ranged and melee or you will get owned. For warrior the good mix is Riftblade/Tempest

Riftblade gives you that up close with mid ranged dps and Tempest gives you Far ranged so you do not get to many interrupts in your dps.

Deleted
    Shaman is hella fun in pvp, just deep freeze 1 button spam win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Shaman is hella fun in pvp, just deep freeze 1 button spam win.
    Are shaman back to being 1 button macro again?

Deleted
    If you dont know how to play shaman yeah.