Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Assuming that health increases by around 150% (which I think might be a little generous) each expansion, that 2016 is two expansions from now, and that stamina modifiers don't change between now and then, then a tank at that time will probably have 1.8-2.4 million health.
    We're going to see tanks on more then that. Between Wrath of the Lich King & Mists of Pandaria I have gone from having 33,000 HP to reaching nearly reaching 1 Million with all my cooldowns popped in ICC. That is a +30% Increase plus whatever my cooldowns do. We'll be hitting the 3M Mark easily for tank HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    We're going to see tanks on more then that. Between Wrath of the Lich King & Mists of Pandaria I have gone from having 33,000 HP to reaching nearly reaching 1 Million with all my cooldowns popped in ICC. That is a +30% Increase plus whatever my cooldowns do. We'll be hitting the 3M Mark easily for tank HP.
    I was referring to without popping cooldowns. Tanks are already breaking 1 million health with cooldowns now.

Deleted
    5 lvls each expansion. 140 is 10 expansions x2 years development is 20 years. I doubt ull play wow in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Assuming that health increases by around 150% (which I think might be a little generous) each expansion, that 2016 is two expansions from now, and that stamina modifiers don't change between now and then, then a tank at that time will probably have 1.8-2.4 million health.
    Actually, that's rather on the low side. So far it's always been somewhere around a 250% increase (that is, by 250%, not to 250%). So 8-9M by 2016 isn't that unlikely. Cataclysm saw an additional increase due to health per stamina increasing from 10 to 14.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, that's rather on the low side. So far it's always been somewhere around a 250% increase (that is, by 250%, not to 250%). So 8-9M by 2016 isn't that unlikely. Cataclysm saw an additional increase due to health per stamina increasing from 10 to 14.
    It is unlikely. Blizzard will rescale item levels sooner or later so it puts less a of a strain on older computers because it takes more of a CPU to calculate bigger numbers, they wanted to do this for MoP but decided not to, for now. Blizzard does not care squat if you deal 10k or 100k in a critical hit, its the performance they care about. That is also one of the reasons why 25 man raiding takes more resources nowadays then it used to when numbers where smaller.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-02-04 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    It is unlikely. Blizzard will rescale item levels sooner or later so it puts less a of a strain on older computers because it takes more of a CPU to calculate bigger numbers, they wanted to do this for MoP but decided not to, for now. Blizzard does not care squat if you deal 10k or 100k in a critical hit, its the performance they care about.
    It's not that unlikely if they don't do a stat squish. If they do one, it's impossible to calculate what it will be right now, so it's uninteresting from a mathematical PoV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, I think I screwed up my math a bit.

Even going by 250% it'd only be 3-4 million health in two expansions, based on current health levels. Better to compare end of expansion levels, but I don't know what they'll be like yet.