Deleted

About achievements, mounts and BNet migration

Hi,

I've got a few question about shared achievements and mounts.
    Let's say I have 2 BNet accounts, same name, same owner but 2 different BNet and 2 different game licences. Account A and account B.

Account A has 2 characters : A1 and A2.
    A1 and A2 currently share mounts and achievements; but some mounts were learnt by A1 and some other mount by A2

What happens if I move A2 to BNet account B ?
    Do all the mounts are transfered to account B, or only the mount A2 learned?
    Does A1 keep the mount that A2 learned once A2 has been transfered ??

One a related topic, same question for achievements... I read somewhere that orange achievs are personnal (thus transfered ?) and blue achievs are account shared (thus not transfer ?). However, I noticed that A2 has orange Feat of Streght that were triggered by A1, are those transfered ???
    Does A1 lose A2 achievs when A2 is transfered ?

Thanks for you help and clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have heard conflicting information from people have done it. Either it has changed at some point, or it is finicky what moves and what is lost. I think the last thread I saw said that the donor account lost the achievements/mounts earned by that character and the new one gained it, and they didn't both retain/gain the combination of both. I don't know why it would work that way since it seems counterintuitive for the new system, but that's what I've heard. I've not done it myself.

If you're really concerned, your best bet it just to call Blizzard and have them merge the two Battle.nets since they are the same name. I can't think of a real good reason to have them split up, and there are a lot of benefits to having them merged (like shared mounts, achievements, being able to mail heirlooms between licenses, etc).
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-02-04 at 05:43 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Thanks for you input.
    I admit that info about this migrating characters and account bound stuff are kinda messy, it's hard to find a right and consistent nswer on this matter.

About merging; yeah I had this idea too, but in this case I think that I will not do it. Account A & B from my examples are mine and my son's. Both are to my name because of his age, but we play different character and we do not want to have shared progress :-) (actually he's better than me). I want to give him a toon I do not play anymore but we have concerns about consequences on both our collection of achievs/mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I can't guarantee you won't lose some achievements/mounts by transferring that old character on your license to your son's license.

If you merged, your progress tracked by achievements themselves would be shared but your individual tracker on the armory would still be character-unique, if that matters. And you can always unmerge them later when he's old enough. I still think merging is the way to go for you guys, and it shouldn't impact your ability to play together or any of that.

Sorry I can't give you more info but as I've said, I haven't done it myself and I've heard a lot of conflicting info.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |