Thread: The Last of Us

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Last of Us

Anyone else excited about this game? I just heard about it (like, 1 minute ago haha). It seems really good though, and I love the theme so, I decided to share.

"The Last of Us : Gameplay Trailer (E3 2012). The new game of Naughty Dog (Uncharted, Jak), is an intense post-apocaplyptic game of survival who sees a man and young girl tracking through a ruined cityscape."

10+ Year Old Account
    I love post-apocalypse games, they are way to cool, but i haven't seen many good games with that theme :S

I hope that these game make the difference and become a really good one (i hope)

Good game. I will def. get this for my PS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Good game. I will def. get this for my PS3.
    I will wait and check some reviews of the game, then i will decide

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I will wait and check some reviews of the game, then i will decide
    The reason why I will directly get this because it's Naught Dog production. Naughty Dog is a company too but they don't hunger for money as much as other companies in the market. I am fan of their games since Crash Bandicoot(I guess it was their product as well) they proved themselves to release polished and good quality(in terms of game design) as well as virtually appealing products.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The reason why I will directly get this because it's Naught Dog production. Naughty Dog is a company too but they don't hunger for money as much as other companies in the market. I am fan of their games since Crash Bandicoot(I guess it was their product as well) they proved themselves to release polished and good quality(in terms of game design) as well as virtually appealing products.
    haha, I loved Crash Bandicoot as a child, played all of them on my PS1.

But yes, this game is looking very solid, the AI is amazing from what I've heard, graphics are decent, and well... Like you said, I'll get it no matter what. I'm just hoping it turns out to be as great as it seems, like maxilian said, it's hard to come across a game of this genre that is well done.

Let's hope Naught Dog gets it right !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael
    graphics are decent,
    Decent? The Uncharted series is considered by some to have the greatest graphics of any PS3 game. Naughty Dog is a very high production studio that shines especially in graphics, voice acting and storytelling. And yes, I am a self-admitted Naughty Dog fangirl. :P

Anyways, I'm pretty darn excited. I've been watching it for what seems like forever and to be so close to it now...ah, I simply cannot wait.

Deleted
    I couldn't figure out in the stuff i red if this will be open world gameplay, anyone knows?

Watching the gameplay video waiting for the zombies to come out.

Edit: I was being a smartass, but apparently it is yet another zombie game. *sigh*
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2013-02-04 at 05:21 PM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babipang View Post
    I couldn't figure out in the stuff i red if this will be open world gameplay, anyone knows?
    No, at least not in the way that most people define open world. You are open to approach things in different ways (more so than Uncharted), but will be following a specific story (just like Uncharted). That is my take on all of the information/gameplay videos we've seen anyway.

Deleted
    I'm actually tempted... but going to wait for some reviews. I never pre-order console games or buy them on release but it does look as if it has potential soooo, if some of the reviewers I trust say it's good, I'll go for it

What happens to them i want to know D:
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-02-04 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    I hope it doesn't have lots of cutscenes.

I'm getting sick of companies substituting gameplay for cutscenes that basically turn the game in to a film.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Decent? The Uncharted series is considered by some to have the greatest graphics of any PS3 game. Naughty Dog is a very high production studio that shines especially in graphics, voice acting and storytelling. And yes, I am a self-admitted Naughty Dog fangirl. :P

Anyways, I'm pretty darn excited. I've been watching it for what seems like forever and to be so close to it now...ah, I simply cannot wait.
    the graphics are quite good, 5/5, would make love with.

Are you happier now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    What happens to them i want to know D:
    buy the game when it's released and play it, you'll know them

The game looks interesting but I don't own a ps3 =/

Deleted
    confused.. zombies seem to react to everything except massive headlights?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    confused.. zombies seem to react to everything except massive headlights?
    They are blind from what I remenber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    They are blind from what I remenber.
    Yeah, the fungus infects their brain and spores shoot out of it, exiting the skull and any orifice they can squeeze through. I think it's safe to say most of the Infected won't have much of their eyes left. O_O

Deleted
    ah so why is he crouched down lol.. and i guess it didnt effect their hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    ah so why is he crouched down lol.. and i guess it didnt effect their hearing
    ..well, not sure where you intend to go with these questions...

He is crouching because he wants to? maybe he isn't as noisy while crouched? I don't know, sir.

Also this

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Yeah, the fungus infects their brain and spores shoot out of it, exiting the skull and any orifice they can squeeze through. I think it's safe to say most of the Infected won't have much of their eyes left. O_O