Poll: Do you think this is a good change to Professions?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yay for lazy people everywhere that are unable to put in a few hours worth of effort...
    There's a difference between lazy and efficient. Gathering resources for BS is quite a pain in the ass these days really, I welcome the change, might even start BS on a toon again....

P.S. A few hours does not come close to the actual time needed to acquire the mats, really...

I would prefer if they'd just rework the recipe list. Make it have less recipes with actual useful stuff for leveling and give the items multiple skillups so you don't need that many materials.
    I like gathering materials while leveling and to actually level up crafting. I'd miss that if you'd just need Ghost iron for it. For secondary professions the speed leveling is ok imo but for the main ones i'd prefer a rework.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO All professions should require mats from the current xpac to lvl. SO if your starting anew alt, or switching profs, old world crap should not be apart of levelling a prof.

Make profs easier to level, back make them more personal and rewarding to the person and actual toon associated with it.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's cheaper to use low level mats than THAT MUCH Ghost Iron.

Hell, you need 1200+ Ghost Iron Bars to move from 375 to 450 OR a handful of Cobalt Bars (one Ore per Bar even!).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

If every profession trainer could give you the option of purchasing max level prof for x amount of gold, that would be great and a nice gold sinc for blizz

It would be even better if they could make professions BOA, so any prof you've already levelled on any of your characters could be used on your alts.
    Last edited by The Small Hours; 2013-02-05 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    There's a difference between lazy and efficient. Gathering resources for BS is quite a pain in the ass these days really, I welcome the change, might even start BS on a toon again....

P.S. A few hours does not come close to the actual time needed to acquire the mats, really...

I call BS because I finished leveling it 1-600 just days ago. The nodes in the old world respawn so fast its insane, caves literally would be full before I could run back out again. The only ore that was a PITA was Cobalt, the rest were laughably easy because they have reworked where they spawn. Mithril and Thorium may have been the single easiest thing to farm up through the entire stretch.

Leveling BS today is really not hard at all, and I think they are going to end up creating bigger problems than the one they fixed. If they give every profession this treatment, low level mats will have zero market. People grinding it and new players will be forced to vendor it because no one wants it. Lower level players will have a harder time getting the gold for mounts, bags, etc. as well as maybe just having some fun and buying that one awesome upgrade.

I understand what they are trying to do, but I think the game would be far better served by changing how many of the mat you need. There is nothing wrong with streamlining things a bit, and making flow better across the experience, but this is just a bad way to go about doing it.

Deleted
    It's the best change that could happen for this. I hope all professions will receive this type of leveling.
    The problem with current profession leveling isn't the cost of mats, or farming old world for them.

The problem is that EVERYTHING YOU CRAFT IS FUCKING USELESS!!
    That's right! Who the hell buys level 26 weapon, necklace or armor piece? Who enchants their level 40 gear with low level enchants? Answer is nobody. We got heirlooms, more of them every expansion. Only things that are in LITTLE demand are best-in-slot heirloom enchants, and maybe level 19 twinker items. Demand on those is small, but they do sometimes sell.
    You end up vendoring everything you craft leveling a profession, or disenchanting at best.

So changing professions is really necessary. In Vanilla cap was 300, now it's double of that. If I want to lvl a profession now I need to go through Vanilla and all the expansions, vendoring everything. This has to end.

Only downside - changing professions to this type of leveling will pretty much crash the market of old mats and you won't be able to make any gold while questing.

Same with the cooking changes, I love them. I leveled cooking from 1-525 in 20 minutes or so. I think this is a great addition incase a high level character wants to switch proffessions.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    It's the best change that could happen for this. I hope all professions will receive this type of leveling.
    The problem with current profession leveling isn't the cost of mats, or farming old world for them.

That's right! Who the hell buys level 26 weapon, necklace or armor piece? Who enchants their level 40 gear with low level enchants? Answer is nobody. We got heirlooms, more of them every expansion. Only things that are in LITTLE demand are best-in-slot heirloom enchants, and maybe level 19 twinker items. Demand on those is small, but they do sometimes sell.
    You end up vendoring everything you craft leveling a profession, or disenchanting at best.

So changing professions is really necessary. In Vanilla cap was 300, now it's double of that. If I want to lvl a profession now I need to go through Vanilla and all the expansions, vendoring everything. This has to end.
    So why not just fix that by actually making it useful in some way? Personally I think the game would be far better off with useful low level schematics, along with making the BOA XP part an on use item you apply. It still makes leveling alts easier, and makes the lower end of professions actually worth something.

The change just screams lazy development imo. Rather than fixing the problems ( low level schematics being worthless and requiring too many mats) they just added a Staples Easy button and called it a day. At that point it will be so watered down, why not just get rid of professions altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post

Only downside - changing professions to this type of leveling will pretty much crash the market of old mats and you won't be able to make any gold while questing.
    You are not going to get rich crafting old items but there is a market out there for them, albeit a small one, from levelers and people looking to Transmog their armour. With this change you will lose a lot more gold than crafting old world stuff for example the Ghost Iron Statue requires 80 Ghost Iron Bars and vendors for 80s even if you cannot sell the items crafted from old bars you are not going to lose that kind of gold vendoring them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayelar View Post
    maybe it's just me, but i think professions like leatherworking or enchanting are much more annoying than bs
    Leather not so much, enchanting very much, so is tailoring.

It's a great change, it was truly a PITA to level, whether you're buying the mats or farming them yourself. I can justify leveling BS now lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    It's a great change, it was truly a PITA to level, whether you're buying the mats or farming them yourself. I can justify leveling BS now lol.
    I honestly do not think this change is going to make easier and will most certainly will not make it cheaper to level BS.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    God forbid you have to actually work to lvl a profession. Having some engagement outside of MoP should be a good thing. Why not make the professions alittle harder and make them more rewarding later on. We all have two, would love to have seen the option ot become a master at one with significant rewards and a lesser with moderate rewards.
    its already hard enough with crz

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind this change. I leveled blacksmithing on about 5 chars the old way, so may as well get this on a couple of others as well, if it's this easy

Deleted
    I am not really sure if this a good or a bad change. Ghost Iron will likely sell for insane prices with this change which could in turn make lower ore (bars) profitable because if it sells for less - far less probably. There are only so many Ghost Iron nodes with demand being high and supply low.

I also don't think this has got anything to do with CRZ. When servers were still full there were a lot of gatherers too and CRZ brought this back but that doesn't make it a CRZ issue. You are playing an MMO with other players and maybe you got used with not seeing many players around in the low level zones but that is not how it is supposed to be. And even with CRZ I still can easily mine low level nodes. The spawn rate is more than adequate right now.

What I am noticing with the metal bars currently is that Copper sells well but yet Tin and Bronze (especially those two) are extremely hard to sell for a decent price.

I do have the hope that this change won't utterly destroy the gatherer's market. As I said if Ghost Iron is in high demand it could still help out gatherers of lower level ores. Maybe in the future a catch up mechanic is needed for the gathering profession as well, especially if low level materials are in low demand.

I do much rather see Blizzard making changes to the tradeskill system which will revitalize the AH instead of making it useless, or more useless than it already is.

tbh i think the worst part of leveling BS is outland and onwards where all the bars cost 2 ore per so reduce it to 1 ore=1 bar and reduce mat cost slightly for pre outland reduce bar cost per item by 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yay for lazy people everywhere that are unable to put in a few hours worth of effort...
    Speaking about laziness with a crafting system where you just push a button to get your skills and the item..
    Last edited by Difuid; 2013-02-05 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I think Blizz backed themselves into a corner with CRZ and this is their fix to the inconvenice it causes when farming low level mats.
    Pretty much this, I am on one of the low pop servers ruined even further by the plague that is CRZ. It is really annoying to have massive competition for resources and yet know that none of the materials you are being deprived of are even going into your servers economy.

I was kind of hoping they would do something along the lines of making all recipes below MoP level reward 2+ skill points per craft... but this works too.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

And the most player-coddling MMO again shows why it has that reputation.