Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So far, there's 3 or 4 broken overpowered classes that, if you're not playing as them you're screwed. These classes are capable of killing their targets in under 6 seconds. Balance PvP-wise is at 3.0 death knight levels and is about to get even worse come 5.2. The 3 or 4 above mentioned classes are getting replaced by 3 or 4 others. Avoid PvP at all costs.
    Well, I'm only interested in BGs so balance isn't a big issue without huge health pools and heals running unchecked. I played a destruction warlock back in Wrath and even though they were considered very weak, I still loved it because I could use others as a distraction and kill really fast.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Mists has SO MUCH for you to do.

Don't let anyone in this thread tell you otherwise.

There aren't just "Dailies" as people make it out to be.

There are Pet Battles, levelling a Monk, exploring the continent itself, Scenarios, Dungeons, LFR, Raids, Challenge Modes..

The list goes on and on.
    Yeah, I'm trying to filter out only constructive reply's But I'm mainly interested in professions, 5-10 person raids/instanced with my guild and BG's/world PvP. I'll probably still want to play a healer for PvE (I kinda liked playing as a priest but won't mind trying a paladin or a shaman) and something bursty that can do the hit and run thing for PvP so rogue or a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomsk69 View Post
    i agree with you 100%. even more with the fact that when 5.2 comes out, your still going to have to progress through the starter raids MSV, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of endless spring before you can do the 5.2 raid. since gear progression is no longer the gimme progression we had in cata wich was another fail expac, but back on topic. with linear progression again like we had in BC. people will be left behind
    You mean alts will be left behind which is normal imho alts are not suppose to be more geared then your main anyways cata was so easy ALL my classes had FULL tier gear by the end of cata it was down right sad.

Bad time to return, unless you are botter, MMR exploiter, win-trader, griefer, duper, rabid fanboy, spammer or any other sort of douchebag. While this might sound inappropriate or rude, this is pretty much the situation this game is at the moment. I regret that I can't tell you anything more encouraging at this time.

1. No.

2. Depends on which class you play. Although it got better there still is super overpowered characters(Such as warriors or warriors or warriors) twoshotting people. Healers are constantly nerfed so they aren't as powerful as before.

3. Numbers are rather relative; it is pretty much the same whether you have 10000 hp and 100dps or 300000 hp and 3000dps. Just get used to it and it's fine.

4. The childish lore panda blah blah argument is subjective so some people like it and some people don't. Just a matter of taste.
    Yet the game is very very grindy, so if you hate grinds I suggest not to return. The opposite stands true.

Personally, if you are planning to return do it quickly or don't. Since it's difficult to get gear and yet there is huge iLvl difference, lagging behind this expansion is a huge penalty. So if you don't return and gather conquest points since week one, you will probabably see yourself roflstomped by full Tyrannical T2 dudes, and raiders will not accept you if you don't have iLvl 500+(LFR doesn't drop a shit)
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-02-04 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    You mean alts will be left behind which is normal imho alts are not suppose to be more geared then your main anyways cata was so easy ALL my classes had FULL tier gear by the end of cata it was down right sad.
    who the hell mentioned anything about alts? i know for certain later players will struggle. and when they are ready for 5.2's raid wel will have the new raid most likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Simple answer - if you hated Cata, then you'll probably like Pandaria. Best description is a cross between BC and Wrath. Blizz almost lost me in Cata, but they've come full circle on a lot of things. Worth a look around for sure. Cheers!
    Cata was sort of a love/hate thing for me.

Hated the PvP, also the excessive puns and pop culture references and also the "don't bother doing anything cause you're going to get it for farming heroics next week and then some more!".

But I also really liked worgen and their zones, revisiting some of the old raids (the new zones were a bit boring though). I also liked the initial difficulty and that you couldn't just AoE through heroics any more.

Deleted
    I actually like this expansion, so much to do, compared to other expansions. You don't 'have' to raid, in order to see content. There's so much to do other than just raid now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not right at this moment, but wait until rise of the thunder king is released. This will give more to work towards, its meant to make gearing up easier in LFR with the starting tier, and your have plenty to do on the thunder kings isle.

Mop did feel a lot like a grind. There are many things to do but they are not that much fun. they feel obligatory and that is not fun. Perhaps my negativism is multiplied by the coincidence of most of my guild mates quitting the game. Playing with people you are familiar/comfortable with gearly multiplies the experience. And I am too old to make new friends. I can't be bothered.

What also contributes to the negativity is Blizzards constant failure at balancing the game, and the zillions of mis conducts in terms of dupes, win trading to name a few. The community and the excitement of vanilla is gone for good. Or perhaps its just me that grew older.

As others have said, it's grindy. So if you like that kind of thing it's time to come back. The leveling experience is also the best it has ever been with some interesting quests and story. Personally I really hate grinding, but love story. Unfortunately the former outweighed the latter for me and I am unsubbed while waiting for the next expansion.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomsk69 View Post
    who the hell mentioned anything about alts? i know for certain later players will struggle. and when they are ready for 5.2's raid wel will have the new raid most likely
    But that was in TBC & people always gloat on how great it was so why is it bad now ?? I prefer it to be you have to do said tier before you move on its keeps the previous tiers from becoming ghost towns.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 03:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Not right at this moment, but wait until rise of the thunder king is released. This will give more to work towards, its meant to make gearing up easier in LFR with the starting tier, and your have plenty to do on the thunder kings isle.
    I agree with Trassk, wait until 5.2 releases. Prbly play on the PTR get a feel for the changes so when you start in 5.2 you have everything down.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 03:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfireworks View Post
    If it helps, you can buy the expansion for nearly 1/2 price on Amazon.

I just returned myself after several months away, and am hopelessly addicted to raising my pokemon, err... companion pets.
    its alright to call them pokemon, its not a big deal really.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 03:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Mop did feel a lot like a grind. There are many things to do but they are not that much fun. they feel obligatory and that is not fun. Perhaps my negativism is multiplied by the coincidence of most of my guild mates quitting the game. Playing with people you are familiar/comfortable with gearly multiplies the experience. And I am too old to make new friends. I can't be bothered.

What also contributes to the negativity is Blizzards constant failure at balancing the game, and the zillions of mis conducts in terms of dupes, win trading to name a few. The community and the excitement of vanilla is gone for good. Or perhaps its just me that grew older.
    You prbly out grew it, ussually when I hear people quit or go casual it isn't cause of the current game or state of it, its mostly cause they been playing for 8 years and they wanna take a break or take a casual role in the game.

The PvP problems do hurt the game cause blizzard bans these players and they just create new accounts and start over like its nothing, they will never be fully remove it from the game they can only remove the accounts not the people.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-05 at 08:45 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Just gonna comment on the PvP aspect.
    In a proper 1v1 situation with 2 players of equal skill, you'll rarely be able to kill a healer without a lot of effort, and it might even require you to run him out of mana, but since 1v1 vs a healer is pointless and boring anyway, that shouldn't matter. Burst is probably higher than ever in this expansion, and most classes can dish out really high on demand burst. Then again, most classes also gained new survival abilities to counter that burst. However, right now on my elemental shaman (a class considered weak right now) it's fully possible to blow Ascendance and during those 15 sec burst down two unaware players, unless you get locked down of course. I recommend you rolling either your rogue or your warlock as Shadow priests are targets for quite some nerfs come 5.2.