Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    So a PvP guild didn't want access to Holy Paladins for PvP by refusing a race that also had a useful PvP racial with the silence?

Well, at least it was nice of them to advertise the fact that they sucked!
    Youre 100% right there. I remember all the death treaths i got when i beat people on duels thanks to the aoe silence.

Usually it went like this: undead male mage says "duel faggot elf" and i clicked Accept. Beat him on a duel and then he told me bad stuffs. But i think people hated blood elf females more, i dont want to hate or say anything but blood elf female players acted like what can i say.. night elf hunters.

But yeah, blood elf males are feminine yet arrogant and badass. Plus they got some good jokes and animation. OP wont be disappointed.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-02-04 at 06:14 PM.

Male blood elves are fine the way they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    How i see it:
    Both the Draenei and the Blood Elves are more of a "higher society" type of people(both male and female) or as some would put it "the beautiful people" so yes Male BE's are a bit feminine.
    A "higher society" hahaha, good one.

Perhaps a better question is does arcane magic make you feminine.

I don't think so. But either way, who cares? Play what you want to play.

Deleted
    Yes they are, don't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say they are slightly feminine. But that doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable to play and it certainly doesn't mean that a mature person would take the widdle out of you for playing. Somebody calling you or your character "gay" needs to just grow the hell up.
    I play one myself and have never been hassled by anybody. Blood Elves are the second most played race by a country mile with half of them playing Male toons, you are certainly not alone if you decide to roll one.

Deleted
    They're supposed to be beautiful and arrogant. That's what the race is. Doesn't mean they're "feminine" (nothing wrong with that, anyway -_-), just means their culture is very different to the races they are surrounded by. The LOTR elves are rather androgynous by human standards and they're awesome as hell, and the Blood Elves appear way more rugged and muscular than them anyway. They may appear pretty on the outside but it's clear they are extremely bitter and dangerous thanks to their moral ambiguity. Jokes (scrunchies ) on Blizzard's part are the only things that indicate femininity to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interstingly blood elven males have the most human physique out of all WoW races ... even actual humans. It's just that by comparison to the hypermasculine males of the other races (apart from the ones that do have different propotions than humans have ofc, and the undead who are... dead) they start looking not-masculine.
    Blood elf males look good in plate. That's why my paladin is one.

Play what you like and don't let people turn you away from something you'd find enjoyable. Of course people are kind of tired of seeing blood elves as big amout of all horde characters are them, but really, that's not your problem. If you like their visual and are not hunting for best racials etc. take whatever race you want because it will only be for your benefit.

I've really never been big on blood elve males.
    I REALLY hope model updates will change this.

They dnt look feminine.. just bad. I just HATE the way they stand with there back bent backwards and their chest puffed up so much it looks like their chins practically clipping the top of their chests. I just wish they stood more naturally.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Gay? Not really. Feminine? Not really. Queens? Yep.

Just play one if you want to play one, but there are connotations that you'll encounter here and there eventually. Those are largely by design and hard to deny.
    Last edited by mmocf55d4d4995; 2013-02-04 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    As someone who is not Hetero, I have always thought the Blood Elves were highly effeminate. Also they 'Swish'.

Swish is a term I came up with the last time I went to San Fransisco. Swishing is when you stand in such a way to make your hips stand out. Women and Effeminate males do this so as to make the hips look bigger.
    This is what they are actually doing...
    Wiki~ Contrapposto is an Italian term that means counterpose. It is used in the visual arts to describe a human figure standing with most of its weight on one foot so that its shoulders and arms twist off-axis from the hips and legs. This gives the figure a more dynamic, or alternatively relaxed appearance. It can also be used to refer to multiple figures which are in counter-pose (or opposite pose) to one another. It can further encompass the tension as a figure changes from resting on a given leg to walking or running upon it (so-called ponderation). Contrapposto is less emphasized than the more sinuous S Curve.

Deleted
    Why belf even is horde

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know...not necessarily "feminine". When I see a male blood elf the term "elitist" comes to mind long before "feminine". I don't know why but these morons in randoms who harp on your DPS being .0948 lower than theirs or your having selected the "wrong" talent or your taking one extra tick of damage because you didn't get out of the slime in time and want to kick you for any single one of those piddly misdemeanors are almost ALWAYS Blood Elves.

People on the WoW forums who say stuff like "Look at your pathetic progression, you have no right to an opinion." Almost always Blood Elves.

Roll an Alliance alt? Getting ganked and camped? Yep. Blood Elf.

"I've been playing since a private Alpha build at a LAN party at Metzen's cousin's house in 2001 and all this game is now is welfare epics and noobs!" - Blood Elf Mage

What is it about the Blood Elf race that attracts the worst people WoW has to offer? The absolute bottom of the barrel in social skills and cream of the crop in DPS, mount collecting, and raid progression seem to flock to this race. Why? "It's because I've been playing since WC3 and I loved their storyline but you don't know about it cuz you're a noob that rolled a human..."
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-02-04 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    In comparison to the rest of WoW races? Yes, of course.

In comparison to actual body types and actual people? No, they're still stupidly muscular and masculine. Gief back the original male belfs, please.
    except for blood elf females, all females in WoW have quite some muscle in them. femgoblin arms look like they can split me in 2. fem night elf girlies have the arms of a bodybuilder.

I guess it's because we run continents on foot and fight all the time. azeroth is a pretty unforgiving world, so those who aren't on peak body condition just die.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

only truly manly men can be confident enough in their masculinity to act like male blood elves do. so. male blood elves are more manly then every one else.

i <3 my blood elves.
    my warrior started out as a female orc (the only thing that can compare to a male blood elf in sheer manliness) but when cata rolled around, it became a blood elf.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself can't stand them and find them to be feminine simply because of how they stand and their build. But that's my opinion and thoughts of blood elf male.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    This just in: The sky is blue and water is also wet.
    This. Obvious is obvious.

Everyone knows that the demonic energy affects to the behavior of living things, which in the case of the male blood elves makes them gay and in the case of the females becomes them lewd, as you can prove by seeing their models and animations and hearing their voices.

I just hope that when the High Elves of the Alliance have their own models, animations and distinctive voices we can finally have decent and normal elves (remember that everything related to the High Elves in the game are mere placeholders based on slight modifications to those of the blood elves).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    only truly manly men can be confident enough in their masculinity to act like male blood elves do. so. male blood elves are more manly then every one else.

i <3 my blood elves.
    my warrior started out as a female orc (the only thing that can compare to a male blood elf in sheer manliness) but when cata rolled around, it became a blood elf.
    I actually agree with what you wrote. Blood elf males are so manly yet so feminine. They are the boss.

Hah i have played belf male since they came out, if someone say anything about them looking gay i answer with
    "Well they look like a human male, that is somewhat fit, only diffrence is that the belf have long ears and green eyes. So saying they look gay, is the same as calling yourself gay" Always work.

But its typical, sometimes i wonder if people are threatened by the looks of them.. The same way, kids will bully other kids to feel great about themself. Sometimes i wonder, are people who call male belf/nelf gay, really just insecure. I see no other explanation.
    Deny it all you want!
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played Blood Elf Male characters for years, I've never really directly received shit for it. I remember once, that someone said if you played a male blood elf, that you knew what semen tasted like. But really, I think that is the only time I've ever heard something like that.

It was never a big deal unless you were going to make it one.