Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    A good example of where we see this is that Lor'themar Theron's key phrase when you clicked on him was: "Don't touch the hair!"
    If the leader of the Blood Elves is going to slay Trolls and back talk the Warchief, he's going to look good doing it. *Swish*

I've always found this hilarious. Compared to every single other race in the game, the physique of the Blood Elf male is probably the most true to life of all, were we comparing them to humans. They aren't green-skinned hulks with limbs like tree trunks (Orcs), nor do they look like my younger brother's plastic He-Man dolls (Human Male).

Are Blood Elf males feminine? Arrogant and vain, perhaps. But feminine? Only if you roll the 'manly' races to overcompensate for your own short-comings beyond WoW in a virtual environment. Personally I don't really 'care' what race people are as such; there are some I do dislike aesthetically but hey, if being 'badass' in WoW makes you feel better in real life, whilst mocking the race that is not only true to life but physically the best most human males in real life could hope for, then be my guest.

Yes, they are. Both looks and animations screams of feminism.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Yah a little the way they stand is just......FEMININE.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    Elves don't have sexes. One set is simply skinnier than the other, slightly hairier version.
    That applies better to orcs than it does elves.

Wow some of these replies are pretty juvenile
    Who cares if they are gay looking or sounding, play what you want. Being gay doesn't mean you're weak. Hell with some of the shit that community has to put up with...

Anyway, don't worry about what others think about you or your choices. If it's what you like (not implying you are gay, not that that would be wrong, just that if you like the way the toon looks and sounds), more power to you!

(also, feminine doesn't always mean homosexual... I know feminine heterosexual men and masculine homosexual men)
    Last edited by halfawake; 2013-02-04 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    IMHO; The male blood elves are a "narcissistic-feminine". While I think the females are more of a "arrogant-feminine".
    agreed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

"Narcissism is a generalized personality trait characterized by egotism, vanity, conceit, or selfishness."

The vanity is the most obvious one I guess.

The belf female, snobby? How else to describe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    They're real cool, I always loved their aristocratic, snobbish, a bit of a French vibe. Except for BE DKs named "Arthasxxx" or "Sephirothlol".
    This, and being "feminine" is not persay a bad thing, although blizzard tend to push their jokes with them that way, so the perception is natural.

Personally, there are very few race/gender combos I have issues with, I think tauren (of both genders), goblin (male) and draenei (male) are all disgusting, but I can appreciate draenei males at the very least for the comedy factor when they have that silly little mustache. Other than that, I have no personal beef with any other race/gender combo but I am probably quick to steriotype the players behind them due to personal experience, and don't really like a lot of them unless they're in proper xmog (including the race/gender I play myself).
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

They look a bit feminine if you put them up next to most of the other playable males. Sort of. Put them next to a female blood elf, though, and they're extremely masculine. It's a running gag in-game that a particularly addled character mistakes a male blood elf for a damsel of some sort, but what makes that joke funny is how obvious it is that they're mistaken. If anyone sitting at the keyboard actually made that same mistake, they must have a pretty awkward time figuring things out in real life.

I don't think so. I always felt the blood elf males carried themselves with a snobbish air, but people seem to think "that's gay"
    It annoys the hell out of me cause I really don't see it
    Play one if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    I think you should do what you want, and not let other people dictate how you play the game. If you like the male blood elf, play one, and just put anyone that would give you grief on ignore.
    /tenchars.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    No. They aren't feminine. Nor are they particularly masculine, by our standards. The appropriate term would be effeminate, although androgynous isn't far wrong either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    agreed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

"Narcissism is a generalized personality trait characterized by egotism, vanity, conceit, or selfishness."

The vanity is the most obvious one I guess.

The blood elf female, snobby? How else to describe?
    Yup, kinda like a "holier than thou" type. Stuck-up, even, the females that is.
    Last edited by Violent; 2013-02-04 at 11:11 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    I think they are feminine but I also think elves are supposed to be feminine. If you want to roll something more tough, roll an Orc.

I can understand why it would be thought but personally I don't think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    I don't know what game you're playing but they sound pretty cynical and deadly when I play a blood elf. Some of their animations aren't as masculine as other races, but none of them are feminine
    Mm. Dunno what belf you've been playing but *throws hair back* I'm pretty sure that Belves embody feminity more than female draenei *wiggles those belfy hips*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they are feminine, at least if you compare them to the other horde races.

I don't understand why it matters. You should play whatever race you find more aesthetically appealing or compelling, and everyone's opinions and issues be damned.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing this guy did their voices, I can't find them anything but masculine.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)