Blade Storm+Blood Bath..

Does this combo work well for a dps warrior? Seems like it could do wonders in certain aoe fights, but not having avatar would just feel weird imo.. have any of you guys tried using Blood Bath? Or even Blade Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    Does this combo work well for a dps warrior? Seems like it could do wonders in certain aoe fights, but not having avatar would just feel weird imo.. have any of you guys tried using Blood Bath? Or even Blade Storm?
    Everyone uses Bloodbath.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    Everyone uses Bloodbath.
    I find that very hard to believe.

Deleted
    You should be using BB.

Not sure why you find that so hard to believe, it's simply the best dps talent for pve. Bladestorm is fun to use on trash.

Everyone uses Bloodbath

Avatar's mostly used by PvPers and Stormbolt's, well, meh. Avatar isn't terrible, but Blood Bath is THE DPS talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't using BB for almost every, if not every fight you're doing something terribly wrong.

If you were addressing the universal statement, I agree. I'm sure there are *some* people who don't use it, making you technically correct.

For PVE, Avatar has always been a rather sucky talent, even more so since the rage nerf. Use BB for every fight except maybe Garalon (use SB if you can manage it correctly.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    For PVE, Avatar has always been a rather sucky talent, even more so since the rage nerf. Use BB for every fight except maybe Garalon (use SB if you can manage it correctly.)
    Avatar is stronger on fights with large burst windows and lot of time between them. Take Meljarak on heroic, his recklessness lasts 30 seconds and you can cover 24 out of those with Avatar. But you regulary can't cover the second one. Bloodbath is rather boring, i macroed it to dragon roar and that works rather well but it doesn't feel fun in any way.

I'm looking forward to 5.2 stormbolt, it gets another 75% weapon damage on ptr and seems really strong during colossus compared to your regular styles + it's rage free maybe allowing you to dish another heroic strike out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Avatar is stronger on fights with large burst windows and lot of time between them. Take Meljarak on heroic, his recklessness lasts 30 seconds and you can cover 24 out of those with Avatar. But you regulary can't cover the second one. Bloodbath is rather boring, i macroed it to dragon roar and that works rather well but it doesn't feel fun in any way.

I'm looking forward to 5.2 stormbolt, it gets another 75% weapon damage on ptr and seems really strong during colossus compared to your regular styles + it's rage free maybe allowing you to dish another heroic strike out.
    Ya, there are a few fights that Avatar works on. It also depends on how long your guild takes to kill certain fights for how good it can be. Personally, I enjoy BB, but I do wish Avatar was buffed.

Does storm bolt benefit from colossus?

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Oh, I must've missed that on PTR notes. That seems like a really interesting change. If the dps between SB and BB is roughly the same that would be really nice and add some variety to our talent choices. I agree that macroing DR with BB is kind of boring, but by having SB within the CS debuff you can, as you pointed out, have reliable rage for an extra HS or even use it as a substitute for RB if it doesn't proc. Hell, you might want to use it over RB if the dmg is good enough. Now if SB was off the the GCD on top of that... awesomeness /drool

I'll be looking forward to seeing how this plays out ^^

Quote Originally Posted by easterbunny View Post
    Does storm bolt benefit from colossus?
    Yes it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with SB is it takes up 2 extra GCDs a minute, and those 2 GCDs aren't just dead ones that fury has, but ones during CS, meaning you are getting 2 less RBs/minute inside a CS. Since CS window increases damage by around ~45% that's roughly equal to 1 less RB/minute. So to figure out which is better, compare damage done by BB and damage done by SB. If SB is strong, subtract 1 RB/minute for the fight, and than compare. If you aren't lining up SB w/ CS, its going to be even less damage done too.

Deleted
    BB is the way to go considering its low Cd and just hte amout of dmg per /time is best