Thread: Challenge Modes

10+ Year Old Account

Challenge Modes

Interested in doing CM's on Mage but have a couple questions.

Biggest question is about gearing. I know that CM's scale your gear down but I don't know what ilvl. Would I be able to get away with going in H 5man/LFR gear?

How should I reforge/gem as Frost for CM's?

What are the easiest CM's to get started in?

And what food/pots should I use?

463 item level, gems are not affected.

This thread should answer your second question.

The easiest one is said to be Gate of the Setting Sun.

As far as food goes, well, 300 int is optimal if you can afford it. Prepare some invisibility potions as well as the usual DPS ones to skip some sections. I'm thinking a mage might get away with using their own Invisibility instead of potions, but I'd rather keep the spell ready for other purposes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmbryant91 View Post
    Interested in doing CM's on Mage but have a couple questions.

Biggest question is about gearing. I know that CM's scale your gear down but I don't know what ilvl. Would I be able to get away with going in H 5man/LFR gear?

How should I reforge/gem as Frost for CM's?

What are the easiest CM's to get started in?

And what food/pots should I use?
    1: Its perfectly doable to do CMs with heroic blues. As you mentioned yourself, it doesnt really matter what ilvl you have, as long your minimum gear lvl is at least heroic blue gear.

2: Our frost mage on our team tryed to forge in crit and said that the burst was pretty solid. He didnt really like haste since the main strength of a frost mage is incredible aoe burst dps. Which proved to be key when we was doing our Gold medals. However he ended up going mastery in the end, mentioning something about it being better then crit in the long run.

3: From my experience: Gate of Setting Sun, Seige of Nuizao, Shado Pan, Scholomance was a breeze. But if we are talking about overall dps / hps requirements. Id say Scarlet Halls is the least punishing instance.

4: 300 Int food, Int flask and 500+ int pots (you are going to want to macro that with frozen orb and Ice Lance)

Bonus tip: openraid . eu
    Last edited by mmoc7b9e2e08c4; 2013-02-04 at 09:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed View Post
    463 item level, gems are not affected.

This thread should answer your second question.

The easiest one is said to be Gate of the Setting Sun.

As far as food goes, well, 300 int is optimal if you can afford it. Prepare some invisibility potions as well as the usual DPS ones to skip some sections. I'm thinking a mage might get away with using their own Invisibility instead of potions, but I'd rather keep the spell ready for other purposes.
    There aren't really any other purposes, you use invisibility/greater invisibility so you can use dps pots more often.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan