Deleted

GTX670 max resolution and an upgrade question

Evening all. Hopefully you can answer a couple of questions as I'm struggling to get concrete information atm.

Firstly:

Does anyone know at what resolution a single GTX670 starts to struggle? I'm considering a monitor upgrade in the near future to the Dell 27" at 2560 x 1440. I'm not into the heaviest of PC games and want to move my PC to a more multi-media platform hence larger screen etc. Curious of a single 670 can cope is all.

Current system:

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.2gz
    GPU: GTX670
    Mobo: Asus Z77 Sabertooth
    RAM: 4Gb Corsair XMS Classic

Secondly:

I also need a new case because mine sounds like a turbine when running higher end games. It's frankly annoying the stuffing out of me.

Does anyone have any opinions on the Corsair 550D case? Anyone know what its cooling is like with something like the H80i? It's focused mainly on quietness so no doubt its cooling potential will be hampered but I don't know for sure.

No further upgrades are currently under consideration till later in the year. Just after a nice quiet case with reasonable cooling really.

Deleted
    iirc a 670 can keep bf3 @ high settings on 1440p +50fps

Deleted
    yeah i should have mentioned the games I play I guess.

WoW
    Dota 2
    SC2
    CS: GO

That sort of thing. Nothing too heavy.

If it can cope with BF3 I think it'll cope just fine for what I want.

It's also probably worth mentioning that a new case is not necessarily going to cut down on the noise level, only new case fans will do that.