Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Being hated doesn't make you incapable of torture and rape.
    No, but being locked up for life does, unless he does it in prison.

Punishment my behind, the reason he's in jail is not a punishment, it's to take him out of the society so we can live safely.
    No punishment is going to reform this man, and we can be cruel to him, but in the end it serves no purpose anymore, he's stuck in jail, forever, he won't harm anyone anymore.

The desire for revenge is something we shouldn't give into, it's a bad thing to give into.

I'm not defending this man, but geez, torturing prisoners is something we shouldn't start doing.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2013-02-04 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    He is very nice guy

My belief in human rights is not based on black and white. There's a point when you lose the priviledge of it.
    I don't totally disagree with you. Losing the right to be free (going to prison) and other similar relinquishment of rights based on offense is perfectly understandable. I just think we have to be careful not to become the people we're punishing. I also think there are some basic human rights that are just inherent, despite the fact there is an entirely different portion of my mind that wouldn't mind him being tossed into a woodchipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should've been castrated and then put into a torture cell for 15 years. After that only switch to usual cell areas. Nothing more.
    seeing as kid fuckers tend to not do so good in jail, just keeping him with the general population would be a suitable enough punishment. dont drop the soap!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I have no sympathy for monsters who get their kicks off of molesting children.
    Not having sympathy and wishing to torture someone is two diffrent things tho.

If he has truly changed, absolutely. But it doesn't sound like he has (according to the prison officials).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    If he has truly changed, absolutely.
    i cant agree with you im afraid. i do believe in reformative justice over punitive, but i dont think punitive should just be eliminated. 16 years just isnt enough for murdering 4 children and molesting others, imo

But it doesn't sound like he has (according to the prison officials).
    fair enough here
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I'm afraid I don't understand the law. Here in the US this man would have no hope at all, he would likely have received a life sentence with no possibility of parole. Belgium apparently doesn't do that? Regardless I don't see how this individual could be given probation, here in the US they most go before a board and prove they have reformed, is it done differently in Belgium?

My personal feelings? This guy is a poster child for why the death penalty exists. There is no excuse for this person to remain in existance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand the law. Here in the US this man would have no hope at all, he would likely have received a life sentence with no possibility of parole. Belgium apparently doesn't do that? Regardless I don't see how this individual could be given probation, here in the US they most go before a board and prove they have reformed, is it done differently in Belgium?

My personal feelings? This guy is a poster child for why the death penalty exists. There is no excuse for this person to remain in existance.
    And thats why i glad i'm not American. Having a justice system that seems (at least form the outside) to be based on revenge is not the way to go. Also it does not seem to be working. With the highest percentage of its population in jail it is still a place filled with violent crime. Normal people would after running a system that clearly does not work for a while would start thinking about ways to actually solve the problem instead of just concluding that the reason crime exists is that the punishment is to soft...

Stiff punishment is only a deterrent to people who would not break the law in the first place, criminals could not care less (as the US is a poster case of).
    -Ivar

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    hopefully he dies very soon. Not all killers get their due though

10+ Year Old Account
    Offer him a trade, early release in return for him having his private parts removed and his arms Cut off just above the elbow.
    That man does NOT deserve to be set free. Let alone in a condition in which he could possibly harm moRe people.

I say they release him. Then release a bullet into the back of his head. Oh yeah and do like the do in China charge the family for the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by ivarh View Post
    And thats why i glad i'm not American. Having a justice system that seems (at least form the outside) to be based on revenge is not the way to go.
    Define justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixC13 View Post
    I say they release him. Then release a bullet into the back of his head. Oh yeah and do like the do in China charge the family for the bullet.
    lol that would be considered too awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in Belgium five years so I know you have museums there that have guillotines in them in working condition. Go get one of them out and make use of it. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    holy shit dude that is extreme deatheternal skull ..i like your attitude
    Why thank you.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-02-05 at 01:47 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit dude that is extreme deatheternal skull ..i like your attitude

I will lose all faith in Belgium and humanity in general if this guy ever sets one foot on free land again.

Crush him and give him now even worse conditions for even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Someone in jail wants to get out of jail. More at 11.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ivarh View Post
    And thats why i glad i'm not American. Having a justice system that seems (at least form the outside) to be based on revenge is not the way to go. Also it does not seem to be working. With the highest percentage of its population in jail it is still a place filled with violent crime. Normal people would after running a system that clearly does not work for a while would start thinking about ways to actually solve the problem instead of just concluding that the reason crime exists is that the punishment is to soft...

Stiff punishment is only a deterrent to people who would not break the law in the first place, criminals could not care less (as the US is a poster case of).
    I'd happily see a return to some REAL 'justice' for pedophiles. In my personal (American) opinion, pedophiles should be subjected to some good, old fashioned 16th century traitor's death type punishments.

However, you are correct about one thing: pedophiles can NOT be deterred. Pedophilia is a cancer and needs to be eradicated...and there's only ONE way to do it: remove them all from the gene pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    lol that would be considered too awesome
    Says the person that did not want to accept a free handgun. Don't pass judgement unless you are willing to render the sentence yourself. Killing a man changes you, whether you think he deserves it or not.