Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

help our fury warrior pls!

hi, got a great player that is just lacking something. Im not sure what though. We are not a hard core group by any means, but as we are moving along it may become an issue for us.

heres his armory;
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Keolor/simple

some logs from last weeks elegon & will kill.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9p.../36/?enc=kills

It was our first group kill of both, so not the best time to showcase but if he is missing something obvious please let us know. I have no experience with warrior dps, his gear seems decent for what we are doing, staying alive and mastering the fights is definatly a factor that will fix it self, but if hes not using something or has something not setup right, please tell us.

Thanks!

Looks like he's not spamming his attacks. Melee is doing far too much damage compared to essential skills like BT and RB.

Well he's slightly under expertise cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsoney View Post
    Well he's slightly under expertise cap.
    That alone won't put him at only 67k on Elegon. He's not playing his class right.

He used 44 BT during the whole fight, i.e. on a 09:26 long encounter. It should be twice this number.
    I'm not very good with WoL so I'm not sure what else is wrong.

1. Nasty looking helm
    2. I recommend an addon called Reforgelite to maximize his stats
    3. He is probably getting the rotation wrong. Noxxic.com shows the basic rotation of any class and what not (id usually link a youtube video but there are so many different specs on there that arent really viable.)
    Bane

Trying not to be too blunt but he might want to read the guide stickied on this forum. That serves as a good starting point, and if it still doesn't work out, then go from there with more particular advice/questions based on what he is doing according to guide and what he does some other way.

Deleted
    Im not to used to diggin into logs but as allready stated, he is using way to few abilities through the fight, as if he is standing afk meleeing the boss from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    He used 44 BT during the whole fight, i.e. on a 09:26 long encounter. It should be twice this number.
    I'm not very good with WoL so I'm not sure what else is wrong.
    From what i've gathered his [lack of] use of abilities is starting to make sense. All of his fights have melee as his top ability. I suggested spamming abilities b4 they come off cool down to make sure they are being used as soon as cooled/avilable. Are fury wars button mashers? Again, i've never played a fury war but when i am on my frost dk i just mash 1-4 in a random order semi-prioritizing for procs, and it seems to work out pretty good.. i feel like he is either burning his rage wrong on something and not having any left for when his main abilities are back up or he is not using any abilities while waiting for those main abilities.

Am i correct to say his priority should be something like: bloodthirst (on cd) > colossus smash (on cd) > wild strike (on proc) > heroic strike (dumping)

When i had him on a dummy last night it seemed he was using wild strike every cd, he sustained about 55k, when i suggested to only hit WS on proc, it seemed to lower him to just over 50k, and put WS way lower on the list. If he's only using WS on proc, should he be using heroic strike to fill the void?

Thanks again for the replies!

10+ Year Old Account
    as melee white swings are always on top arent they, only exception in aoe. exeptions for rogue with poisons

ws is kinda shit and i feel like a lot of wars kind of pool rage for a gcd to use it on an hs over proc'd ws....only exception MAYBE to ws during proc AND cs debuff. he should also try to line up a cs debuff with bt, rb, bt...or if bt is fucked and zerker rage is up then rb, bt(zerker rage), rb....but something like that

Deleted
    White hits are allways top dmg as a warrior but looking at the number of BTs,RBs and such over the fight, they are way to few.

wild strikes should only be used on procs, heroic strike if you are in danger of ragecaping (around 80+ rage)
    Stack rage for when Colossus CD and stuff like that, there is a perfectly fine sticky where this is disscussed.

Obviously it could be that he doesnt know the bossmechanics good enough and not being able to be at the right place in the right time or time his cooldowns which is very important to know on elegon where you might not allways drop them on CD.

I also belive for two-handed fury warriors, avatar is better than blood bath, also the unending rage glyph is unnecersary, swap that with reck glyph, swap impending victory with second wind (to save rotation usage).

note that this is my own opinion, i feel like avtar is way easier to handle than blood bath, the glyph of reck is because when i am using it myself i am so close to 100% crit that i feel it uneeded with such a high amount of crit, impending victory is taking up rotation.

I also notice that his heroic strike usage might be to high, so he might be rage starved meaning less of his primal abilities, heroic strike is a rage dump for when you have to much or know that some is coming, at about 80 rage, you should drop some rage, due to the incoming rage from swings/blood thirst.

But i do have to agree with that wich has been said by other posters, he needs to learn to use rotation better, as it seems like he is not ....

He's choice of Professions can be better, but stating whit getting the rotation right and optimize it is a good start

I also belive for two-handed fury warriors, avatar is better than blood bath, also the unending rage glyph is unnecersary, swap that with reck glyph, swap impending victory with second wind (to save rotation usage).
    Nope, nope, nope :P.

Bloodbath sims higher in pretty much every scenario, no question about it. Unending rage is very useful since it allows to stack more rage that you can dump into the CS window. Reck glyph is a dps decrease if i don't remember sims entirely wrong. Impending victory is a good filler since it has higher DPR and wastes less rage than unprocced WS.

And as for the earlier discussion, fury warrs are essentially no longer a button mashing class like it was in cata. Rage management and spending it during the correct dps windows is what makes or breaks your dps. With current gear levels, you may get empty globals, so that's something we have to learn to live with for the moment. I know empty globals makes warriors antsy, but can't help it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    Nope, nope, nope :P.

Bloodbath sims higher, no question about it. The only exception may be Elegon for the final burn phase. Unending rage is very useful since it allows to stack more rage that you can dump into the CS window. Reck glyph is a dps decrease if i don't remember sims entirely wrong. Impending victory is a good filler since it has higher DPR and wastes less rage than unprocced WS.

And as for the earlier discussion, fury warrs are essentially no longer a button mashing class like it was in cata. Rage management and spending it during the correct dps windows is what makes or breaks your dps. With current gear levels, you may get empty globals, so that's something we have to learn to live with for the moment. I know empty globals makes warriors antsy, but can't help it
    Not using any sims before i say this but i cant see how reck glyph would decrease your dps by any means, unglyphed, recklessness puts BT WAAAAAY over what it really needs to be on cost of quite some duration. With glyph you guarantee BT crit and pretty much any other crit for a good while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make him use Weak Auras, that is all..........

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Not using any sims before i say this but i cant see how reck glyph would decrease your dps by any means, unglyphed, recklessness puts BT WAAAAAY over what it really needs to be on cost of quite some duration. With glyph you guarantee BT crit and pretty much any other crit for a good while.
    reck glyph is DPS loss cuz of 5min cd without 4set bonus, dunno if with bonus reck glyph would be better than unending rage since at least unending makes easier to hit execute at last 20% often and deserve rage overall the fight
    Last edited by mmoc7aa37315a9; 2013-02-05 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Glyphed reck is always a dps-loss, sure some extra BT-crits is nice and all but... I'm sure there is some extensive math done about it already somewhere (EJ perhaps, too tired to search).
    However warrior-dps is almost exclusively revolved around their short burst CDs
    CS-window 6 sec
    Skull banner 10 sec
    bloodbath 12 sec
    recklessness 12 sec
    deadly calm (w/e)
    Non-crits inside this 12 sec window hurts alot more than the few extra potential crits that might happen afterwards, if you would choose to glyph reck. Moreover after those 12 seconds are up you should be pooling rage n stuff for the CS that is soon inbound so no the glyph is not a good glyph.