Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silversyn View Post
    Nerfing high damage classes just because they're high damage classes doesn't make any sense. There's always going to be a highest in theory. It's not like mages were theory crafted at 200k and the next highest class was half that. Give us back our scorch for mana management and stack preservation, because the logic of "their damage was high, so we nerfed them" literally means every patch you're just going to nerf the new hypothetical highest dps.
    You forgot the other thing he said 8,000 times. They simply didn´t like gameplay of Arcane using scorch to stay at 6 stacks.

The only thing I don't understand is how It's so bad for Warriors to sit in Defensive stance for 25% dmg reduction (15% as of 5.2), but it's ok for Mages to get a new talent that reduces dmg up to 30% passively...

I can't believe a blue wrote the following?!? Is this guy realizing he works for a videogame company?!?

"Not so long ago (12 years ago?) it was believed that the average gamer stopped playing videogames at some point on his mid 20s due to real life constraints and would stop playing altogether. If you think about it, and the games we had back then, it kinda makes sense. Most of them were still rather hardcore and not accessible to what we consider today a casual gamer, so it's not entirely surprising to see people out there that think that because you're 30 years old you shout put gaming down and move on."

I'm wondering what's the proportion of players above 30 in the game but in my guild it's 100% including 50% over 40, all with jobs and half with kids. Reading this kind of BS from a blue tends to piss me off. I'm pretty sure that WoW would be gone if it wasn't for the older players.

an old and grumpy player.
    Last edited by Gnu; 2013-02-05 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    I can't believe a blue wrote the following?!? Is this guy realizing he works for a videogame company?!?

"Not so long ago (12 years ago?) it was believed that the average gamer stopped playing videogames at some point on his mid 20s due to real life constraints and would stop playing altogether. If you think about it, and the games we had back then, it kinda makes sense. Most of them were still rather hardcore and not accessible to what we consider today a casual gamer, so it's not entirely surprising to see people out there that think that because you're 30 years old you shout put gaming down and move on."

I'm wondering what's the proportion of players above 30 in the game but in my guild it's 100% including 50% over 40, all with jobs and half with kids. Reading this kind of BS from a blue tends to piss me off. I'm pretty sure that WoW would be gone if it wasn't for the older players.

I think he's talking about perception not reality. There's a lot of paste tense in that statement and as far as I know the last time I heard the average MMO player is 33. I'm sure blizz and their employees know this.

I'm over 30 and I agree with him. What do you disagree with?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    @gnu:

He is PRO old players. Any MMORPG before WoW was pretty hardcore and expensive (internet costs, subscription fees etc.), so in the beginning the WoW player base was also pretty hardcore. They didn't have a problem with extensive farming, grinding and wiping. But during the past 8 years the player base evolved overall. games are much more accessible today, no matter if you're playing GTA, Skyrim or WoW.

Some older players tend to see themselves as "oldschool elite", because they grew up with games like Mega Man, Civilization, Everquest, Zork or Falcon 4.0, which weren't "casual" at all. I think this attitude is quite antiquated and extremely "geeky".

Computer games are not a safe haven for lost souls and nerds anymore. They are mainstream. It's okay to play as an 30+ person ;-)

Deleted
    I can imagine that if you pulled and killed 5-8 (or more!) skinnable mobs, something I often do on my Druid, pull lots and bear swipe them down really fast, then you are left with lots of corpses to skin. Before you could loot one, skin it, loot another, skin it, loot another, skin it. Now you loot all and as you start skinning, someone else comes along and starts skinning your mobs, which they wouldn't have been able to do if loot was still on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    If you don't have a time for something. Why should you as a game creator make it easier for those who doesn't have time to play your game? I don't get it!
    The opposite would be having raid content be seen by a minimal amount of players, which is not good, particularly when it comes to how the developers can better spend their time designing content.

Don't know how to link blues but, why are they saying this when most people i know and in general says TBC was the best raiding they had?, not many got to see it and yet people still found it awesome, i just don't get it really, LFR should never be about gear at all, but that's the only reason 80% does it, there's a few rare people that do it to see the bosses, never met one myself though, most just says "hmm did not get the gear i wanted on this boss, i'll just leave LFR".

I'm sure nostalgia has nothing to do with it. It was the first time I played WoW, to me it was fun only because of that reason. It was still extremely fresh and most people that remember and were here for BC remember it that way as well because now we have had so many expansions.

Also LFR is about people who don't have time to raid, those people who don't have time to raid normals don't magically not want gear anymore.

I might have misunderstood the Q/A regarding this point (not my native language) but I have the impression that the 30+ guy is pointing out the fact that he is an older dude and would like to see the future raids through LFR and the answer of the blue (the way I understand it) is "oh well you're old so no you're not entitled to see the different raids".

I personally don't agree with that. I think that all raids should be available through LFR,I was quite happy to do all the ones that are currently available and was thinking that the upcoming ones would be available through the LFR format. So if it's not the case I think it's a pity and if the excuse is "you don't have time to raid, too bad" I think it's even worst.

Again I might have misunderstood.

EDIT: reading all the comments above I might have missed the point complitely, well I'm not only old - I'm dumb too...
    Last edited by Gnu; 2013-02-05 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    everyone can see in the ptr that ppl don't even want to take mages into the fights, instead trying to go with 2 warlocks, instead of balancing blizzard its keep forgetting on nerfing the current top dps class on the ptr WARLOCKS and keep destroying spec after spec of mages, and they keep wondering why their subscribers going down... ppl complaining about the new 30% damage reduction on mages but warlocks already have it passive via fel armor / soul link etc and i dont saw QQ about it. i only have one desire as a mage... let me play the spec i want and be competitive with it, if i am a good player i should be able to top the meters with that, if i suck i must be in the bottom, and make it that way to all the classes, let the skill decides who its better and not a class/spec of the month.

I would love to start playing WoW again, but I hate aoe looting - any chance of an interface option/mod support to disable?
    Can you explain what you hate about it? Is this a Skinning issue? (Source)
    WoW this just made my day Not playing WoW due to aoe looting... thats a new one!

I might have misunderstood the Q/A regarding this point (not my native language) but I have the impression that the 30+ guy is pointing out the fact that he is an older dude and would like to see the future raids through LFR and the answer of the blue (the way I understand it) is "oh well you're old so no you're not entitled to see the different raids".

I personally don't agree with that. I think that all raids should be available through LFR,I was quite happy to do all the ones that are currently available and was thinking that the upcoming ones would be available through the LFR format. So if it's not the case I think it's a pity and if the excuse is "you don't have time to raid, too bad" I think it's even worst.

Again I might have misunderstood.
    You misunderstood. The blue was criticizing others who had that attitude.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Unless you can demonstrate that "scaling" is going to cause a 5-10% DPS difference between one spec and another within a single tier (say 13 ilevels or so), we're not inclined to mess with it. I'm not trying to dismiss the concerns, but it's become such a buzzword among players that I worry scaling discussions are drowning out other conversations.

Please, Endus and the totemspot guy - make it happen. Prove how retarded GC is. :/
    The thing is... the MOP expansion is much more than just 13 ilvls... and the gear will continue to scale abilities and make them more and more unbalanced. What was 10% over 13 ilvls - becomes 100% over 130 (we are already at 100 ilvls now after patch 5.2).

Blizzard will not do anything this expansion to fix the problem gear scaling is causing. To do that they need to change every spell in the game to scale exactly the same and that simply will not happen. And again - THAT is why the extra amount of ilvls are the WORST thing Blizzard can be adding to the game.... but its the ONLY thing they are doing at the moment.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Half the people crying about ´scaling´ don´t even realize what it is referring to. Back in Vanilla, there were a ton of classes who had flat damage on their abilities. This meant that classes that scaled with AP jumped WAY ahead of them every tier. Heroic strike did 274 damage no matter if you were in tier 1 or tier 5. Warriors did not scale well.

Since WOTLK at least, every ability scales with AP or SP. Some classes benefit more from AP, others benefit from hitting haste threshholds etc etc. But the point he was trying to make is that EVERY class and EVERY ability now scales with gear, and within a single tier, no class is going to go from ´balanced´on patch day, to -5% by the end of the tier because of gear. It is more possible that a spec may jump ahead by 5% if some haste threshold is hit, but that wouldn´t be ´my class is 5% behind´ that would be every class is 5% behind and they would nerf the one ability causing the OP issue.
    The scaling is and always will be a problem. You talk about the 5%. BLizzard is now all of a sudden talking about 10%... over 13 ilvls of gear.... Scaling is STILL a major problem and even tho its not as big of a problem as in Vanilla - it will still do alot of damage when Blizzard is adding so huge ilvl inflation into the game as we are now seeing.

The real issues we will start to see now is with the healing classes since they will have more mana regen than before. This leads to the big expensive spells to become better - and some specs have the abilities to have both hots and casts spells at the same time - while others dont.

But before you go claim scaling is fine... We have yet to see ANY public tests with 5.2 gear. What we do know is that we can NOT trust Blizzard when all of a sudden the start talking about 10% change in 13 ilvls ... when we were expecting REAL balance over the entire expansion.

What happened to the days when PvP server players were proud to have leveled in a more difficult environment and mocked their "carebear" PvE counterparts? It just seems crazy to cry and point fingers about something that has been a staple feature of that server type (ganking) since the first people hit level 60.

This attitude really strikes me as a symptom of the new community that plays WoW. In the past you either took your lumps knowing you could dish it out one day, got your friends or guildmates out to help you (possibly starting a fun world pvp battle), or switch to your own high level character and make them pay. Now, everyone just runs to the forums and cries and asks for a good feature (CRZ) to be removed because now it's way harder to get a special snowflake ghost pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbsey View Post
    What happened to the days when PvP server players were proud to have leveled in a more difficult environment and mocked their "carebear" PvE counterparts?
    Blizzard allowed people to transfer from PvE servers to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Blizzard allowed people to transfer from PvE servers to PvP.
    I think it's more likely a scenario that a player on a PVP server enticed friends from RL to start playing, and they rolled on a PVP server back in the days when ganking had minimized so they never had to deal with it regularly.

oh shit the DLC comic...

i did not see that comming <3

i need that hat

it's important

Quote Originally Posted by hobbsey View Post
    What happened to the days when PvP server players were proud to have leveled in a more difficult environment and mocked their "carebear" PvE counterparts? It just seems crazy to cry and point fingers about something that has been a staple feature of that server type (ganking) since the first people hit level 60.

This attitude really strikes me as a symptom of the new community that plays WoW. In the past you either took your lumps knowing you could dish it out one day, got your friends or guildmates out to help you (possibly starting a fun world pvp battle), or switch to your own high level character and make them pay. Now, everyone just runs to the forums and cries and asks for a good feature (CRZ) to be removed because now it's way harder to get a special snowflake ghost pet.
    Cross realm zones create new issues that were not there before. It has nothing to do with new community. It has to do with LACK of real server community that was there before. You see exact same thing all across the field - LFR and LFG - but ofc its worse in gankfests like PVP zones. PPL act like morons cause they get away with it cause the chance of seeing those ppl again is so low. Low lvl ganking is now a norm when it was exception before.

So the members of the community have not changed. The server structure and their populations have been changed. Thats Blizzards doing - not the players.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-02-05 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Thats Blizzards doing - not the players.
    Unless they're actually bots controlled by Blizzard, it's the players' doing. They have a choice.