Thread: no feral dps?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    People seems to prefer ranged dps and they forget how many utility druids in general brings to the raid I think if played good and chosen the required talens we could carry the encounter with our instant FREE heals and speed buffs not to mention the amazing CC we got. We may or not be the strongest damage output class but I love our utility role we play.

We just never die, even if feral are alittle difficult to play and we do not top the dps chars ill keep playing it.

Hi,

i started raiding about the time when ToC came in Wrath and been doing so as feral from the start. And ever since then, trough Toc, Icc 10 and 25 hc as it still was current content and all troughout cat raiding and now mop raiding i always did very good on dps, mostly top 3. I never in all those years of playing had the feeling that we cant do very good dps alhtough ever since ppl were talking about ferals being week . It was since i started and i still have this feeling in mop. I think a lot of ppl are talking about ferals without even trying to play them at a high lvl and then claim they are not good. Yes there are classes that can do more dps but we sure are not far behind, actually we are very close. I am 100% sure about this no matter what ppl say.

And for all of you who will say i was just playing with bad players, i will say i got enough experience in wow to see who a good player is and who not and in all my time dpsing i had some very strong competition in the form of warriors, mages, dk, hunters and so on..........
    Last edited by gardner; 2013-02-06 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    As an officer of a 10 man guild, I would never pick a Feral over a Rogue/Warrior/DK right now. I do play Guardian and we do have a Resto Druid and sometimes even a Balance Druid as well. So as others have said, many 10 man guilds can't fit in a 3rd Druid. Add to that, if you have a Rogue, why would you ever bring a Feral into a 10 man team gear wise.

As a Guardian I've always been Feral OS. I'm using the DoC talent and have tried to become better at it but with almost no 1 tank fights, I rarely get to play Feral in our raids. Back in DS 4 out of 8 bosses were 1 tank on Heroic and Guardians could go Feral and you'd overall get to play your OS more.

Add to that, I agree with others, that a lot of people don't actually know what a good Feral can bring and having both Monks, Rogues - for some parts Hunters and Enchancement - share gear with Ferals isn't making it easier.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feral druids are one of the more "icky" specs to play right now. They just have a crapton of things you gotta pay attention to compared to other, high-yield specs. According to WorldofWargraphs, they're just below fire mages and above brewmaster monks when it comes to representation in raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Feral druids are one of the more "icky" specs to play right now. They just have a crapton of things you gotta pay attention to compared to other, high-yield specs. According to WorldofWargraphs, they're just below fire mages and above brewmaster monks when it comes to representation in raids.
    From what I see Ferals aren't even on that website, or we are merged with guardians.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    From what I see Ferals aren't even on that website, or we are merged with guardians.
    we are on that website was Feral Combat Druid
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    we are on that website was Feral Combat Druid
    Well...yes. But where are the guardians then? It leads me to believe that either one of them isn't on the website or that we still are merged.

Those numbers seem very odd, as I never see any raiding ferals. There are like....2 others and me on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Well...yes. But where are the guardians then? It leads me to believe that either one of them isn't on the website or that we still are merged.

Those numbers seem very odd, as I never see any raiding ferals. There are like....2 others and me on my server.
    Anecdotal data and all :s

I took a look at the rankings for heroic 25 sha of fear. The number of kills on this boss is low enough that there are only 134 ferals total who have done so.

Compare this to other specs (I listed everything that isn't capped)

166 blood dks
    39 unholy dk
    115 guardian druids
    159 resto druids
    1 marks hunter
    16 bm hunters
    10 frost mages
    99 brewmasters
    177 mistweavers
    147 windwalkers
    138 holy priests (wtf?)
    152 combat rogues
    5 subtlety rogues
    144 enhancement shaman
    85 demo locks
    56 destro locks
    8 arms warriors

Seems like we're ahead of guardians and brewmasters and the offspecs of other dps.

We're behind every other spec, but not by a horrific amount compared to other melee hybrids like enh shaman or windwalkers.

Edit: Checked wowprogress. 150 x 25m guilds have killed heroic sha of fear, so if we say roughly 5000 characters have killed him, and ferals make up 134 of those, we're roughly 2.7% of the population, which seems pretty in line with 34 specs ~= 3% per spec.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-02-12 at 11:05 PM.

Feral still does decent dps. It's just a little different playstyle compared to the previous expansion. There are fights where there's a lot of target swapping and ferals don't have many personal abilities to help in that aspect. I hate waiting for energy

Deleted
    I'm sorry but people saying that Feral's are a weak class right now are really blind or they just have never been around a good Feral. I personally switched to Feral from Rogue, I am capable of pushing out very high dps and getting top 10 ranks and multiple fights. On single target fights "patch work" fights we are probably one of the best classes the only thing we lack is a decent execute. On multi target fights when your gear gets to a high enough level your rake damage is absurd and you are easily able to keep up with affliction locks/shadow priests.

So please before you jump to the conclusion of "Ferals are bad dps" think of the player playing the class and ask if that player is actually any good..

Hello all

I love ferals. I currently play guardian/feral.
    One major thing has changed for mop.
    ''bear''ferals and ''cat''ferals with basic talentpoints in one spec, was split up in 2 talenttrees for the new talentsystem
    so here is what happened, we lost some hybrid strength cats being far las succesfull at tanking and if guardian bear goes cat he does less dps hten in bearform.

So we lost some hybridity and espeically guardians got many of the tankchanges (also going on with other tanks, having to do wit rage and abilities) and this resulted ina great tank to play.

Blizzard thought feral spec was actually fine, which caused lesser amount of changes. This causes trickier gameplay compared to other dps classes and spec.
    We are not dead, the spec is still fun but yes compared to others they are stronger and we are a little weaker.

But in good environments for ferals (and skills and gear) we still can be in the top of the dpscharts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    since mop came i i've seen like 3 feral dps.are they just rly bad dps or are they not fun ?
    I'm not sure why Ferals would be so scarce. In PvP, at least, they are as powerful as Warriors are - even more so in some regards. In PvE, I think Feral was still viable as far as raiding. I, personally, haven't raided with one in a while, but the guild I raided with also thought that Rogues were sub-par dps' and our Mage complained about Arcane being hard.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I'm not sure why Ferals would be so scarce. In PvP, at least, they are as powerful as Warriors are - even more so in some regards. In PvE, I think Feral was still viable as far as raiding. I, personally, haven't raided with one in a while, but the guild I raided with also thought that Rogues were sub-par dps' and our Mage complained about Arcane being hard.
    they are sparse because its hard to play it right atm, but when played right ferals single target is pretty op.

I play feral in a 10-man group, we have a rogue as well but the only other druid is a healer. Gear isn't an issue since we don't have a monk (there's plenty of agility leather to go around). I feel like I pull competitive dps with everyone else in the group, and I'm able to provide some good utility as well with symbiosis and HotW.

And yes, we have killed 16/16 on heroic.

Druids seem to be played less and less on my server across the board. Resto is about as weak as it has been since vanilla compared to the other healing specs. Boomkin has a niche but has been much better and most ppl that seemed to have liked bear tanking jumped ship to play a BrM monk, can't blame them bear tanking is as boring as it has ever been. The only feral druids to be found in any of the top 30 or so raids on my server are resto/cat and are the toons that switch when the group needs 2 or 3 healers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

i sometimes change my offspec to feral just for fun. but the thing that keeps turning me off is the positional requirements and the slow energy which leads to very unforgiving bleed mechanics.

edit: i haven't even bothered trying DoC.

I'm the only feral in my 25 man guild, 16/16H cleared. I'm basically treated as interchangeable between any of our melee classes, with maybe the exception of a death knight. There aren't many ferals in top end guilds, usually I'll find moonkin or some bear/resto. There's a handful out there but not a whole lot. My spec varies between fights on all three of the tier 6 talents. It usually depends on what I need to bring to a specific fight.

In short: Feral is more than viable in 25man guild. Most of the 25man guilds have at least one.
    Pure feral is not the best option for 10man guild, but as bear+feral he is fine. The problem is that tank+dps warrior, paladin or Dk are just as fine, so if I had a choice I would not take feral. So most 10man guilds don't have ferals at all.

Considering that number of 25man guilds is constantly decreasing and most of the servers currently don't have even one single 25man guild, no wonder that ferals are rare. Maybe not as rare as enh shamans, but rare.

And its good! Who doesn't like to be special?

I'll have to agree about the Monk/Feral problem. Adding a hugely popular class that uses leather and agility jewelry has put Feral in a spot where they darn well better be able to justify their raid spot. Even if they can justify it from a performance perspective that could still be trumped by politics. While some people here appear to be having great success when you check the parses on raidbot it doesn't look very rosy. Feral is in 15th, 16th and 19th position in 25 man Heroic, Normal and LFR. Its easy to see why there would be a bad perception about them. My gear is too crappy right now to have a personal opinion.

I have also noticed the 10-mans that want the healer/DPS spot but Feral will have a tough time competing with Priests and Shamans. They both are preferred over Druids in healing and they have gear overlap while Feral has none. On my formerly high pop server there are 3 Ferals with a gear score over 7200. I have almost no time in this expansion so far and I am already 12th.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2013-02-22 at 11:55 AM.