Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Interrupt Hacking is working currently in Mists of Pandaria wtf!?

Hey guys,
    I was doing some arenas with friends and I encountered this guy who was shamelessly 100% using Interrupt hacks. I didn't even know this was still a thing in MoP....Here's some evidence:

Nothing new here, people hack all the time.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    if u cast with immediate stopcast u will juke him 100%

There was a thread on AJ not so long ago that said interrupt hacking was back, glad there is some proof. Hopefully Blizz will do something about it before it gets completely out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    There was a thread on AJ not so long ago that said interrupt hacking was back, glad there is some proof. Hopefully Blizz will do something about it before it gets completely out of hand.
    Blizzard always asks for proof etc. Let's hope this is enough..

Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    if u cast with immediate stopcast u will juke him 100%
    no you wont

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there is some competitiveness within a game, there will always be cheaters

Name n shame: --REMOVED--

Infracted. Shame on you!
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-05 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    I came across a similar thing the other night with a mage in AB playing my rogue.

My character was sheeped and the mage was in combat with other classes. 0.1 sec after it breaks I am hit by an instant cast sheep without him even switching targets, moving, stopping casting or anything to target me.

Having experienced that, I am fairly sure that addons exist to automate interrupts and enable cc renewals for max DR. He reacted way too fast for a human in combination to the other instants he was pumping out when he sheeped me.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-02-05 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    no you wont
    It does work. The interrupt hacks interrupt your cast as soon as it starts. If you start a cast and cancel it instantly then you'll pretty much be guaranteed to fake the interrupt because of lag.

did you try posting the video in official forums for a Gm response?
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I came across a similar thing the other night with a mage in AB playing my rogue.

My character was sheeped and the mage was in combat with other classes. 0.1 sec after it breaks I am hit by an instant cast sheep without him even switching targets, moving, stopping casting or anything to target me.

Having experienced that, I am fairly sure that addons exist to automate interrupts and enable cc renewals for max DR. He reacted way too fast for a human in combination to the other instants he was pumping out when he sheeped me.
    Could he not just have a mouseover macro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

if you notice that the dk goes afk and he still interrupts spells.
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Seen allot of these around.
    Is a free win for me personally, since I can just cast a spell in another school, and they'll interupt that insantly, meaning I lose no time faking.

Some dps/healers are pretty screwed tho.

Deleted

This is just good play with the use of mouseover macros/focus frames...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Could he not just have a mouseover macro?
    I was surrounded by players, shaman totems, even a couple of tauren so if he was mouseovering he was damn good at it.

I was surrounded by players, shaman totems, even a couple of tauren so if he was mouseovering he was damn good at it.
    He could've just set you to focus and watched for it to almost fall, popped pom then sheeped you with a focus poly macro.

Maybe he was using a cheat, there's that possibility, but who knows. It's possible he just PvPs a lot and has focus macros.

Arena frames. No good PvPer worth their salt targets via nameplates/world.

I time my CCs (especially Cyclone) to hit immediately after the previous one fades. With DoT timers, this is a trivial task.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-05 at 09:24 PM.

What race do you play? Mouseover on goblins and gnomes is a pita, Tauren with zerker on the otherhand...

disclaimer: I'm a baddie

I use a mouseover macro for my Hammer of Justice, and assuming you can macro PoM into Polymorph, it seems like the two things are the same, i.e. instant CC. I've been mouseovering for years, and whilst I do throw the odd arena match by HoJ'ing a totem (*cough*) I still enjoy the flexability to HoJ someone who isn't my target (should use [target=focus] and do it properly I know)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    He could've just set you to focus and watched for it to almost fall, popped pom then sheeped you with a focus poly macro.

Maybe he was using a cheat, there's that possibility, but who knows. It's possible he just PvPs a lot and has focus macros.
    perhaps, I don't think they should allow so much automation with macros though.

Edit: oh and race is a goblin.

Deleted

Emm someone who has timers and knows how to use focus and macros = hacker these days?