Deleted

[MSV HC] Spirit Kings 10m HC - Shield of Darkness

Hey Guys,

Yesterday we tried a bit at the Spirit Kings and got some trouble withe the Shield of Darkness of Zian of the Endless Shadow.
    But this ability only causes us problems in the transition phase through Meng. Its like the shield triggers even though we aren't hitting him at all.

Can this shield be triggered by spells like consecration of our prot paladin? It triggers so fast after he finished the cast, our diszi can't even react. We don't have this problem at all when he's alive, only in the transition.

Did you guys noticed the same problem or have some suggestion? Did you maybe already stop attacking before he even starts the cast?

thanks alot

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    When the shield is triggered there should be an emote going out saying who triggered the shield. AFAIK only direct damage can trigger it, which may include a hunter's glaives or a rogue's blade flurry (No verification on this, just an assumption). My group stops attacking a moment before he begins casting his shield just to give time for spell travel time.

Anything that is on him will not affect him (such as dots and the like).

One of the problems we noticed you guys may have happening: if a shadowbolt is finished casting before he puts up his shield, but he puts up the shield while its in the air and hasn't hit him yet, it'll cause an explosion. Everyone needs to peel BEFORE he casts his shield, not as hes doing it. During the Meng transition there should be plenty of orbs going around/another boss to hit, as this isn't a transition you need to rush by any means,just continue doing as you're doing with the interrupts, and have the stack point slightly away from Zian in case he shields when a shout comes up.

When the shield explodes there will be an emote in the chat log stating who caused it. If it was this pally you mentioned perhaps he hadn't turned off his auto-swing?

Deleted
    Thought auto swings don't trigger the shiled only direct spells do?
    I also noticed my Execution Sentence (Iam a ret pally) does trigger the shield so I decided to specc Holy Prism in this fight and we had some poisons proccing from our rogue to trigger the shield.
    Is it possible that all this talents doesn't count as dots on him and the shiled trigger even though we aren't hitting him anymore? And as I said, we only have this problems in the transition.
    Last edited by mmoc01d817d077; 2013-02-05 at 02:50 PM.

if you post logs it would be easier to tell.
    Chances are people are using cleave spells and just not owning up to it, blaming it on a 'bug'.

Deleted
    Here are the logs of yesterdays attempts:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/du3wq10j3aq59w35/

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskaron View Post
    Here are the logs of yesterdays attempts:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/du3wq10j3aq59w35/
    a lot of times it is your monk.
    much easier to tell in game though since it says who does it
    your paladin does it a few times too.
    edit: Should point out they are actively using skills to cause it.

also holy shit tell people to stop dying to annihilate. that should not be happening ever and on half your attempts someone is dying to it.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-02-05 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskaron View Post
    Thought auto swings don't trigger the shiled only direct spells do?
    I also noticed my Execution Sentence (Iam a ret pally) does trigger the shield so I decided to specc Holy Prism in this fight and we had some poisons proccing from our rogue to trigger the shield.
    Is it possible that all this talents doesn't count as dots on him and the shiled trigger even though we aren't hitting him anymore? And as I said, we only have this problems in the transition.
    It almost certainly only triggers from everything that is controllable by the player; so no pets, dots, totems, but obviously single-target spells, auto-attacks, cleaves, aoes... there might be exceptions, but I'm not sure it's really worth it to test them all... if this is only a problem for you during the transition, then you probably have some guy cleaving.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."