Special Trangmog Faction called The Fashion Four

I got a new idea for trangsmog.

It's a faction with four departments. One for Cloth armor, one for leather armor, one for mail armor and one for plate armor. Cloth armor departement will be runned by a character named Suzie Stormbolt, a gnome. Leather armor department will be runned by a character named Joseph Stormbolt, also a gnome and brother of Suzie. Mail armor department will be runned by a character named Red Richshards, a goblin. Plate armor department will be runned by a character named Benjac'Rimm, an brown orc.
    These four character forms the faction. Each of the characters has a couple of employees working for them.

What can you do with them?

Well that's the cool part. You pick any rare (blue) or epic (purple) item to them and change it's armor type for a period of 30 days. Also you can buy special not obtainable modelled items at them. Also expansion time for your item can be purchased.

How to change armortype?

You can only change the armortype only 1 armortype up or down. A cloth can be leather. Leather can be cloth or mail, mail can be leather or plate and plate can be mail. That's the idea. The reason is to give you even more options to transmog your character.

The cost?

Any monster of level 41 or above that provides experience or honor for you have a change to drop [Mysterious Thread], [Mysterious Skin] or [Mysterious Metalshard]. These three items are used in the process.
    The items will only drop after you have spoken to one of the members of the Faction Four.

Cloth department uses mainly [Mysterious Thread]
    Leather department uses mainly [Mysterious Skin]
    Mail and plate uses both mainly [Mysterious Metalshard]

The items can be used to purchase the transition process or to buy special items at the vendors.

More costs, more colors!

There is more. You can get alternate colors (if available) of gear as well. In that case, you have to collect [Mysterious Teardrop]'s. This item drops of any monster of level 41 or above and have a lower droprate then the Mysterious stuff. It is also possible to trade 1x [Mysterious Thread] + 1x [Mysterious Skin] + 1x [Mysterious Metalshard] for 1x [Mysterious Teardrop].
    How many you need depends of what kind of item you are willing to change. Cloaks, Legs, Chests and Shoulders are 10 teardrops. Head and boots are 8 teardrops. Gloves and Belt are 5 teardrops.
    Then the extra thing is, is that you have NOT the ability to choose the new color if there are more then 2 available. It will be randomly chosen as you haven't the control of the dyeing process, but it always chooses another color then you currently have. Re-dyeing can be done as much as you like.

Where can i find them

Good question. They can pop up anywhere around Azeroth and Outlands. Each department choose their own location each 3 weeks. They will be there for 3 days and then they're gone waiting for the next moment 3 weeks later. They choose only the bigger towns and settlements. They can never be found inside capitals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UHm, if you have a suggestion or question, please ask.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-02-05 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. The only thing I don't love is the gnome names. No gnome would be even closely called those names. Most gnomes take on a surname that matches the interests and stormbolt has nothing to do with cloth or leather.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-05 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Love it. The only thing I don't love is the gnome names. No gnome would be even closely called those names. Most gnomes take on a surname that matches the interests and stormer has nothing to do with cloth or leather.
    Changed the names of the gnomes.
    Names matches Fantastic Four btw. Just like Fashion Four sounds like Fantastic Four as well. :P

I love this idea
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I like the idea. You should post it in official forums.

One thing I would like to add thou, and that is dye. For me it would be awesome to be able to change colour of lets say.... warlock t5 to more green (felish flame) look or paladin t2 recolour to be more grey or black and white.

To support other sides of the game mats that can be changed to dyes can drop in 5mans, scenarios or some random mobs in the world.
    Lets say you will receive bag (5mans, scenarios at the end of it) or drop chance (from world mobs) that can contain basic, normal or superior version of items.
    Basic dyes allow you to change to 8 basic colours.
    Standard dyes allow you to choose from lets say 15 colours.
    Superior dyes allow you to choose your own colour from palette (like in photoshop or even basic widows paint :P).

Dyes can last forever or lets say 30-60 days.

What do you think ?

EDIT: Added dyes explanation.
    Last edited by mmoc97b4bb7976; 2013-02-05 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaren View Post

One thing I would like to add thou, and that is dye. For me it would be awesome to be able to change colour of lets say.... warlock t5 to more green (felish flame) look or paladin t2 recolour to be more grey or black and white.

To support other sides of the game mats that can be changed to dyes can drop in 5mans, scenarios or some random mobs in the world.
    Lets say you will receive bag (5mans, scenarios at the end of it) or drop chance (from world mobs) that can contain basic, normal or superior version of items.
    Basic dyes allow you to change to 8 basic colours.
    Standard dyes allow you to choose from lets say 15 colours.
    Superior dyes allow you to choose your own colour from palette (like in photoshop or even basic widows paint :P).

Dyes can last forever or lets say 30-60 days.

What do you think ?

dyes are a technical limitation. the game doesn't really know which textures belong to which models, the itens just tell it a texture and a model to use. adding dyes would mean the devs would have to catalog which skins could go with which models, just imagine how much work that would be considering how many equippable itens this game has. not to mention it would need new code as well.

as much as I'd love to get dyes, this "fashion four" faction is much more feasible. all it would need is some new code on itens that change the "item type" variable temporarily.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

That.. Is.. Hmmmm..
    Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is cute and fun. You should post on the official forums.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    dyes are a technical limitation. the game doesn't really know which textures belong to which models, the itens just tell it a texture and a model to use. adding dyes would mean the devs would have to catalog which skins could go with which models, just imagine how much work that would be considering how many equippable itens this game has. not to mention it would need new code as well.

as much as I'd love to get dyes, this "fashion four" faction is much more feasible. all it would need is some new code on itens that change the "item type" variable temporarily.
    While I understand your point this will not require much of new code instead of a lot of cataloguing (like you said assign texture to a model). I don't know how its done in US but in my country if a company have a lot of work that can be done by anyone (and there are programs to do that) they hire bunch of people to catalogue things (I think its called contract work).

But on the same side you turn my attention to another problem. Implementing dyes into a game system. Even if game know model/texture it still require much work from programmers to implement system that will allow you to change colours not only by itemslot but change the colour of ex. shoulder so they can have 3 different ones on one model at same time, because if done it should be done good.

So at the end I see I didn't analysed it enough and you are right that it will require to much of resources to do it. Still I would like to see it even if its not likely possible.

OT: I'm still waiting for an answer from OP if he posted that on official forums so I can support his idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaren View Post

One thing I would like to add thou, and that is dye.

[.....]

What do you think ?

Hmmm. Let me think about it how that could work properly with my idea. It's a good thing, thats for sure.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 08:29 PM ----------

Added dye idea.