HM Blade Lord 25 healing

Looking for help with dealing with wind step. I have been specced into Hand of Purity but last night switched back to Clemency because we found out HoP removes the debuff completely. But I'm not convinced that Clemency really is the better choice. Sure you can use it twice but then you have to wait 5 minutes. Purity doesn't last very long but has a much shorter CD and will therefore be available more.
    What have you guys been using and why?

P.S. our healers are disc priest, 2 holy pally, resto druid, resto sham
    We also have 2 prot pally, 2 ret pally (lol so many pally) but they like unbreakable spirit and don't really want to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirrix View Post
    Looking for help with dealing with wind step. I have been specced into Hand of Purity but last night switched back to Clemency because we found out HoP removes the debuff completely. But I'm not convinced that Clemency really is the better choice. Sure you can use it twice but then you have to wait 5 minutes. Purity doesn't last very long but has a much shorter CD and will therefore be available more.

We also have 2 prot pally, 2 ret pally (lol so many pally) but they like unbreakable spirit and don't really want to change.
    with that many pallies id let prot/ret spec clemency and do the hoping and healers take hand of purity. That way if someone gets wind step twice and has forbearance then you can use hand of purity / hand of sacrifice etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Save HoPs for the end. We usually start a HoP rotation after the 2nd Blade Tempest. As long as your raid is properly spread, you should only get 1 wind step per cast.

Depending how your dps is, you should have plenty to cover to 20% and the occasion "oops".

Also, your Holy Pallies should save DS for if they get it and any mages should IB theirs off to save the extra CDs.

Hope this helps.

Edit: We have 2 rets, 1 prot, and 1 holy. All with Clemency, so 8 HoPs if needed. You can do the above with as little as 4-5 depending on rng of who gets Windstep. My recommendation would be to have all your Pallies spec Clemency for this fight. I can't see the usefulness of Unbreakable Spirit for Blade Lord compared to how useful Clemency is for the extra HoP.
    Last edited by Rege; 2013-02-05 at 06:05 PM.

/popcorn enthusiast!

You only really need the HoP when Blade Lord's about to do unseen strike. It's quite easy to heal through during the spell where he sucks everyone in. If you're really good about using hand of purity then I'd say that it would be a good choice but using it every 30 seconds consistently is harder said than done. Also it only lasts 6 seconds so you will still be suffering through 80%of the time with full damage.

It's a good idea to make sure your disco is using shield on the people with the windstep right before you have to run away from him.

Tell your other paladins to stop being selfish to the rest of the raid and spec into clemency. 6x2 = 12 HoProtection, no one will die ever from the debuff then.

Alright thanks for the advice guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rege View Post
    Save HoPs for the end. We usually start a HoP rotation after the 2nd Blade Tempest.
    We'll probably try this ^
    I still feel that Purity is good for this fight, but I don't trust my raiders to only get 1 debuff per wind step. I'll try and convince the other pallys to go clemency so we can set up a rotation. Hopefully we'll kill it tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

We have one pally we start hopping at about 32%. We have two to work with. Other then that just heal through the damage, have your druids pre-cast HOTs on the people who have the damage during blade tempest.

HoP can be used once per windstep. We have 2 paladins in our 25man, 1 holy and 1 ret. The ret throws HoP out as soon as windstep goes out, while I wait to use mine for the movement phase(Unseen Strike or Blade Tempest). I 100% tank heal for our raid, and since there is only 1 tank at a time taking damage, I put my beacon on the windstep target. The windstep target does not stack for Unseen unless they are unlucky enough to have windstep and be the Unseen target. In that case, we use BoP to remove the bleed.

We use HoP on the windstep before the unseen strike. This way we prevent people from dying from both at the same time. Use sac for instance on the others, but it's outhealable, since the fight (afaik) does not have as much damage going about outside his specials.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

thanks for all the advice guys we ended up kill it tonight
    I set up a hop rotation so we pretty much cleared all the wind steps from the second blade tempest on.
    I could not convince our other pallies to go clemency but we had enough with just me and one of the ret paladins (7 HoPs total) and it worked out really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirrix View Post

In my 10 man, we had 1 holy paladin and 1 prot paladin both specced into clemency. I (the Holy) also spec into Holy Prism for this fight. It's quite helpful.

Assuming we both had 2 charges of Hand of Protection available, this is how we worked it. We would get, on average, six Unseen Strikes for the fight. There are two kinds of Wind Step you have to worry about: Wind Steps before Unseen Strikes and Wind Steps before the Blade Tempest (the spinny thing that you have to run away from him on - like Anti-Lei Shi)

First rule we used on our first kills: NEVER HoP a Wind Step that's before the Blade Tempest. The only time you HoP is when it's before an Unseen Strike.

Second rule we used: Don't HoP the first and second Wind Steps that are before Unseen Strikes (that's Wind Step 1 and Wind Step 3 if you're keeping score at home, and I know you are). You only have 4 HoPs, and since he does more damage the longer the fight goes, we just healed through the first couple and then Hop Wind Steps 5, 7, 9, and 11 if you get that far.

Third rule we used: For any Wind Step that is not getting HoP'ed, put your beacon on the wind step person. Between healing the tank, Eternal Flame transfers and whatever else, it's enough to keep them safe. Make sure they're topped off before the unseen strike hits on the first couple, plus loading up a couple of Mastery shields on them can help. Save up some Holy Power and as soon as the Unseen Strike hits, Eternal Flame them immediately to keep them alive until you can stabilize.

For the Blade Tempests, you'll never be HoP'ing them. While your beacon is on them you'll be using Eternal Flame and Holy Prism to keep them up. I specced into Speed of Light for this fight. I found the on-demand burst sprint helpful for both Blade Tempest and the sub-20% phase.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.