Page 1 of 2
LastLast

enchanting : is it very worthful?

my lv 90 priest has learned enchanting
    my pally shammy monk druid are lv 90 now and i wonder if it is a good choice for them to study enchant.
    need suggestions thx

no it's not bloody useless unless you raid and get them mats

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    no it's not bloody useless unless you raid and get them mats
    Not entirely true. I've been making tons of gold just buying sha crystals and making dancing steel. I make about 500-700g profit on each one I sell. Such an easy way to make money.

I love having enchanting...on my dead server enchanters are scarce and im the type of person that would rather get my own stuff rather than depend/wait on someone else. that's the reason why im an enchanter/jewelcrafter, now i can gem and enchant my own stuff rather than wait for someone to overcharge me for it (still may drop JC for BS tho).

in 5.4 there will be 3 new dungeons. and i think there will be more purple gears for dismantle

In terms of usefulness it is the same equal to the majority of professions for bonuses, in terms of making gold it is truly server dependent. On my server more enchanters listing scrolls than buyers. Majority of buyers prefer to buy the sha crystals and get a guildie/friend to enchant the item and many guilds on my server do the service for free.

Personally I enjoy the profession saves me from asking a guildie to enchant for me.

in terms of economy, the enchant mat market is the biggest and busiest. to the point of often being considered its own market in peoples minds compared to other mats which all go under one market altogether in peoples heads. Theres a reason a lot of auction addons have special features for enchanting mats or ARE addons just for enchanting mats or named such even if they arent enchanting exclusive

This is for a reason ofcourse.

Enchanting is very useful and yes, the prices, demand and supply ARE very server based. Thats for money making, you can get really into it and make loads (i know loads of people who play jsut for it *shrugs*)

as for utlity, each prof gives the same boost as the others. in enchantings case you have ring enchants and ofcourse not being dependant on your guild or the AH for enchants on your gear everytime you get a new piece.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-02-05 at 06:39 PM.

enchantings quite useless. its only partially useful for getting sha crystals. the only boost u get from it is on rings and its just a godawful proffession to lvl up. take enchanting if theres no other enchants on your server and the recipes are easy to profit from.

>Enchanting is easy to level and it does NOT require another spec to help it level similar to Tailoring.
    >Min/Max, enchants would cost you alot specialy when your still gearing up but with the profession you get it for free
    >Cause of the buff which people normal people cant afford or wont bother at lower iL gear, You would have advantage over dungeons and raid when it comes to performance
    >Enchanting your alts would be free also
    >De those useless gear worth nothing and sell the matts. Green doesnt sell on ah and its like 5-16g on vendor sell but when you de them the matts would sell 25-100g depending on population of your server. Thats a big income
    >BoA enchant has always been expensive, like 500g-1kg depending on population, BiS enchants has always cost 250g-2k gold depending on server. The matts themselves like sha crystal of mop cost 150g-500g depending on population.
    >If your talking about damage, enchanting gives the same buff as most profession (80 on catalism, 320 on MoP)
    >Enchanting is one of the most balanced profession no matter what expansion when it comes to gold or dps/hps.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-02-05 at 08:53 PM.

well, i am simply wondering if it is necessary to level up several enchant. or just one enchanter is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Shoneimal View Post
    well, i am simply wondering if it is necessary to level up several enchant. or just one enchanter is fine
    One is perfectly fine.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    What regen said. More than one would be a waste. they have great utility in a guild or even if you have lots of alts.

They can generate reasonable amounts of money but it depends on your server.

As for the poster Tenjen saying its the biggest and busiest, hen that is rubbish. The biggst market is JC.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2013-02-08 at 08:37 AM.

You make absurd amounts of money if you work hard to be one of the first on your realm with important enchants.

When I was one of like 4-5 enchanters on my relatively high pop realm to have dancing steel, I made stupid amounts of gold that I'm still sitting on today.

Deleted
    Obviously the cost of enchanting is less than JC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gele View Post
    Obviously the cost of enchanting is less than JC
    Not so sure about that. If you have the mats allready or if there's an abundence on your AH, then probably, but if you have to farm it yourself it's pretty brutal to get. In that case it works best if you are leveling Tailoring at the same time, cause you can simply farm mobs for cloth and get greens for d/e'ing at the same time. From experience I'd say you are much faster getting ore for JC then, if you farm that yourself.

There are 2 ways to lvl JC if you want it in tandem with lvling enchanting. 1st way is to have a mining alt maxed to just farm ore/bars for you while you lvl enchanting by soloing old dungeons or running lower lvl quests and dienchanting everything you need, you can look up the item lvl needed for a particular gem on wowwiki.com/enchanting. 2nd way, and the best way, is to start off with mining and JC and once you max JC drop mining for enchanting, as lvling enchanting at lvl 90 is actually pretty easy.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    enchantings quite useless. its only partially useful for getting sha crystals. the only boost u get from it is on rings and its just a godawful proffession to lvl up. take enchanting if theres no other enchants on your server and the recipes are easy to profit from.
    Enchanting will always be around because everyone who actually gets new armor (which is basically everybody), will need new enchants for their new armor. you also get the luxury of enchanting your own gear without having to pay someone for it.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Omaski; 2013-02-07 at 05:57 PM. Reason: double post

The only reason to have more than one enchanter is if you're too lazy to log onto another toon to make a scroll for yourself, really. There's no gold benefi and you could get the stat bonus in the form of alchemy or scribe at 1/6th the cost and time.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    The only reason to have more than one enchanter is if you're too lazy to log onto another toon to make a scroll for yourself, really. There's no gold benefi and you could get the stat bonus in the form of alchemy or scribe at 1/6th the cost and time.
    I'm leveling a Herb/Inscription toon on a different server then my main and it's actually not costing me anything, but turning a very nice profit. If I had access to a guild bank with tabs to store herbs I would have, with a tiny bit extra effort, probably been able to level herb/Inscription and bank herbs to later drop Herbing and level Alchemy. All for pretty much no cost or even a profit. Much would depend on glyph prices and willingness to relist often though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    Enchanting will always be around because everyone who actually gets new armor (which is basically everybody), will need new enchants for their new armor. you also get the luxury of enchanting your own gear without having to pay someone for it.[COLOR="red"]
    quite frankly enchanting is tied with tailoring between the worst professions to try and lvl. yes its true you can make your own enchants but the same can be said for tailoring, leg enchants cost a shitton for casters and you can make all of them for free if its for yourself only.

most bots will put the enchants up for next to nothing (windsong in my server is 30-60g).

the time it takes to farm dungeons over and over again in order to get enough mats to lvl 1-10 skillpoints in enchanting is agony.. think about running the scarlet monastery 30 times just to get enough silk cloth for 5-10 points in tailoring. now multiply the disenchanted mats by 5 and u have enchanting.

@op: 1 enchanter per realm is fine for your own account. sha crystals are going to be on the way down thanks to higher drop rates in lfr, more lfr raids available, and possible epics from quests.

imo the best pair for new toons you can get is herbing and alchemy. their both very easy to lvl up , have flask benefits, they have a trinket, go well paired and they can generate some easy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    the time it takes to farm dungeons over and over again in order to get enough mats to lvl 1-10 skillpoints in enchanting is agony.. think about running the scarlet monastery 30 times just to get enough silk cloth for 5-10 points in tailoring. now multiply the disenchanted mats by 5 and u have enchanting.
    I just leveled tailoring on my priest 1-600 the other day and it took about half a day, and that was with farming majority of the mats. I got all the silk I needed in an hour farming that camp in the north of dustwallow (forget name but near instant respawn npcs), I got all the netherweave I needed while running my weekly bt/eye/sunwell, I got 1200 frostweave in about 1.5 hours farming converted hero packs north of icc and got the embersilk I needed in 45 minutes farming troggs at vertlok stand in deepholm.

It was honestly one of the easiest professions i've leveled, even considering I usually just buy mats off the ah to power level professions but my server has absolutely no cloth below frostweave and im not paying 150g/stack for frostweave/embersilk when it takes less than 2 minutes to get a stack of it.

Also, I sent all the tons and tons of greens I made to my enchanter so if I ever felt like de'ing a few hundred greens i'd probably have a good chunk of the dust needed to level enchanting, but i'll probably either sell it on the ah since I have no use for another enchanter, or just let them expire in my mail cuz im lazy

Side note: just leveled bs on my main today since my alt with bs is at 85 and no plans to level her, now THAT is a pain to level lol, either fight on cross realm zones for nodes or pay 500+ gold per stack of ore. Needless to say my pockets are about 30k lighter cuz I dont have the patience to mine for hours