Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"It hasn't been announced yet" tweet update

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...02539526352896
    @Ghostcrawler "I hope you realise what you've started with your "we haven't announced it yet" comment. "

@Duskala "Sorry. I'll just say I had a specific feature in mind and wasn't just trolling. Some will love it. Some will say: this is it?"

While we still don't know how major the feature will be, it's nice to see a confirmation that the feature is real.

dungeon scaling for old dungeons. Max level characters will be able to do old dungeons ´at level and with appropriate gear´. It is a simple combination of two new techs they added this expansion.. gear scaling for challenge modes along with the pvp changes (all characters are now max level for the bracket they are in).

The last part "this is it?" makes me think its not a game changer but more a simple change.

If he hasn't even announced it yet and already assumes people will not be blown away im a little skeptical of the impact this feature will have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    The last part "this is it?" makes me think its not a game changer but more a simple change.
    That's pretty much how I feel too. And I'm probably be one of those people that do say "this is it?".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we got a thread about this tweet already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's certain now it's probably NOT player models.

*Prays Blizzard proves me wrong*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    dungeon scaling for old dungeons. Max level characters will be able to do old dungeons ´at level and with appropriate gear´. It is a simple combination of two new techs they added this expansion.. gear scaling for challenge modes along with the pvp changes (all characters are now max level for the bracket they are in).
    Extend that to zones, and it'd be a great fix for many things in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That would sure open up a lot of quests, things to do, etc. for players that glossed over about 75% of the world on their way to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I think it's certain now it's probably NOT player models.

*Prays Blizzard proves me wrong*
    It's not player models because that's been already announced.

We know for sure new player models are coming. Not for every race, but at least the vanilla races.

Yeah, I am still debating on how to get Loremaster since the Catacylsm reset. Do I faceroll my main through 30 zones, or do I use 4 or 5 alts to do it.

I think it will be just dungeons though, and possibly raids and will be optional (ie challenge mode setting).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post

We know for sure new player models are coming. Not for every race, but at least the vanilla races.
    They said the BC ones would get updates too at the press event, just that they were towards the end of the priority list.

Gobs and worgen probably won't get them though.

10+ Year Old Account

If he hasn't even announced it yet and already assumes people will not be blown away im a little skeptical of the impact this feature will have.
    Looking back to all these years of ungratefulness and malcontent from the wow community, such skepticysm is needed :P

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    When was this added/mentioned?:O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post

I know it's coming, my point is that I don't think This new feature would be it. Again I still hope I'm proved wrong. Teehee
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted

well with that comment it makes me think its an addition like transmog.
    it wasnt game changing, but rather a cool thing they added that some people loved and others went like: oookkaaayyy?? thats it?

so if they think its gonnabe something like that agian, then there comment is fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    When was this added/mentioned?:O
    PvP Blog a couple weeks ago. You get scaled up stat/level wise, but keep the abilities/talents/etc of your actual level.

And I'd be glad to see the level scaling feature. It's not huge huge, but it's nice. Rift has it and its pretty awesome. Scale down to quest with friends or do dungeons, finish zones for experience, etc. My money is on level scaling or more spec slots.

15+ Year Old Account

Probable but doubtful. People say "this is it?" about EVERY change Blizzard makes. Even Blizzard developers have gotten to realize one simple fact : haters, they will always hate.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    PvP Blog a couple weeks ago. You get scaled up stat/level wise, but keep the abilities/talents/etc of your actual level.

And I'd be glad to see the level scaling feature. It's not huge huge, but it's nice. Rift has it and its pretty awesome. Scale down to quest with friends or do dungeons, finish zones for experience, etc. My money is on level scaling or more spec slots.
    Wow, I'm gonna have to look for that, Can't believe i missed it, Good change though

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think we got a thread about this tweet already.
    We get threads about every GC tweet like he is Mark Zuckerburg and this is FB. Folks need to stop hanging on every word he types.

On Topic: I'm sure it will be very exciting for the casuals and make the hardcores wanna toss themselves off the edge of the Great Lift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, the sweet tears of ppl who do nothing but ROFLstomp lowbies all day, every day!
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus