Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Azjol'Nerub Raid - The way it should have been

Hey guys - it's been a while since i've posted anything but some of you may remember me from my previous projects:
    Nozdormu Boss Battle: http://youtu.be/jYAoXdIgEEU
    The Fallen Emperor: http://youtu.be/9XAHCpkVxC4

Anyhow, i am now working on a new Raid project in Warcraft 3 using Blizzard's models to make the most accurate rendition of what an Azjol'Nerub raid would be like. It will be something similar to Naxxramas with four wings and a fifth wing for the Nerubian Palace (where you will fight their queen)

The deeper parts of Azjol'Nerub were shut off during Wrath of the Lich King, which may explain why we don't see http://www.wowpedia.org/Nezar%27Azret
    However, in my project, you will . Below, i've posted various videos in a video section which will be constantly updated, showing the terrain and finished bosses of my project so far, trust me it is all made in Warcraft 3 and the bosses will be of a very high quality (to see my previous work, check my videos above). You can follow me on: www.youtube.com/theonescard or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scards...968185?fref=ts

Now that terrain is done, i will be working on the bosses from here on, depending on the speed i produce them i will update this thread (each boss may take a week or so, so i'll try not to necro post, but we'll see) Thanks for looking!

VIDEOS
    - (18/02/2013) Boss 4 Nerubian Council (5 MAN NORMAL) Boss Details on post 49:
    - (12/02/2013) Boss 3 Maijronn (5 MAN NORMAL DIFFICULTY) Boss Details on post 48: http://youtu.be/G8lcuvyU0GY
    - (09/02/2013) Boss 2 Anub'anez (5 MAN NORMAL DIFFICULTY): http://youtu.be/vF9hDT4G5to
    - (08/02/2013) Boss 1 Xilik and Viszara (5 MAN NORMAL DIFFICULTY): http://youtu.be/BcFpLhhJ-Ss
    - (06/02/2013) Azjol'Nerub Tour: http://youtu.be/X8N8NeSTg0s

GENERAL INFO

- There will be 31 heroes to choose from, that's all 10 WoW classes (minus monk) and their 3 specs (4 for druid).
    - There will be a 5 man mode and a 10 man mode, depending on your playstyle - Each with normal and heroic difficulties.
    - There will be 20 (yes 20!) bosses, all of which are listed below:
    The Nerubian Wing:
    Xilik and Viszara (Nerubian Caster and Warrior duo)
    Anub'anez (Sand Crypt Lord)
    Maijronn (Nerubian Tank, based off Mantid Tank)
    Nerubian Council (Four Nerubian Viziers)
    The Plague Wing:
    Fungueb (Fungal beast - like Loatheb from Naxxramas)
    Pluggion (Flesh Giant - like Grobbulus)
    Pestiliac (Green Fire Spider)
    Marajius (Plague Lich)
    The Scourge Wing:
    The Bone Collector (Bone Wraith - like Lord Marrowgarr)
    Igrubb the Contagious (Flesh Giant - like Rotface)
    Arctirigosa (Female Frost Wyrm)
    Uther (I have a model of what could be Uther if he were a Deathknight, but i'm currently working on the lore behind it, this is subject to change)
    The Faceless Wing
    The Faceless Army (Fight an onslaught of faceless ones including their General)
    Sr'mil (Faceless one Caster Boss)
    Glacimaw (Giant jormungar / Worm)
    Zrinnix (Giant four legged faceless one)
    The Palace
    Trial of the Spider (Gauntlet of spiders with one large palace spider guard at the end)
    Anub'arak (Defending the entrance of the Palace)
    Nezar'azret (Queen of the Nerubians)
    The Crypt of the Forgotten One
    Ja'orath (A forgotten one, like those seen during the Dragon Soul raid) - HEROIC ONLY
    Last edited by mmoce83f9088fd; 2013-02-18 at 06:40 AM.

Awesome, this reminds me of the Spider Kingdom, fan made expansion.

I def think Blizzard should revisit the spider kingdom in some way, maybe not an entire expansion, but at least a large zone and raid.

Excellent work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Azjol Nerub was suppose to be this huge quest hub for dailies & other stuff and it was something that got pushed to the side like the Abyssal Maw & other things.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Azjol Nerub was suppose to be this huge quest hub for dailies & other stuff and it was something that got pushed to the side like the Abyssal Maw & other things.
    And also home for Yogg'Saron. He was not supposed to be in Ulduar.

Deleted
    Maybe we will see some more of it when / if northrend ever gets revamped, maybe the Nerubian Queen will step forth, who knows. I was thinking about including Yogg Saron in this, however, instead, i've opted for the Forgotten One that is confronted in Warcraft 3, i've always thought of the two as separate entities.

Really a pity that they ditched the Azjol Nerub raid, it had so much potential. They should've made it instead of ToC, and only keep ToC as a 5-man.

Deleted
    If you're making it 'the way it should have been' then include Yogg'Saron and Anub'Arak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    If you're making it 'the way it should have been' then include Yogg'Saron and Anub'Arak.
    Anub'arak will definitely be in it, i'm making it as if ToC didn't exist, however, we all love Ulduar so i don't want to take Yogg-saron from that, although there will be Faceless ones etc.

A huge underground raid of spider kingdom, as big as BRD or Ulduar. That would be awesome! Lots of trash, secret passages, non-linear layout, epic lore...

Oooops, I just came.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Do you have sources for that? I am not doubting that, I just don't remember them planning AN as a raid then scrapping it like Abyssal Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Do you have sources for that? I am not doubting that, I just don't remember them planning AN as a raid then scrapping it like Abyssal Maw.
    It was originally planned as a whole underground zone like Deepholm, but they lacked tech to do it right. Think GC said in either a tweet or interview that he missed the fact they weren't able to give us a decent azjol nerub zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Not sure about daily hub but it was suppose to be a zone.

"And when you can't go overland? Go under, through the underground cavern of Azjol-Nerub, home of the spiderlike Nerubian race that was one of the first to succumb en masse to Arthas' Scourge (old-school WarCraft players know them as Crypt Fiends and Crypt Lords). "It's going to be exterior terrain, but underground," says Stockton of World of WarCraft's first subterranean zone. "It'll feel like you're in a cave, but it'll be gigantic. Buildings, temples -- a look and feel very similar to Naxxramas, since [the Nerubians] are where the Scourge stole that architecture from." "

Sorry cant post links.

www(dot)1up(dot)com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=1&cId=3163178

Werent the two dungeons actually supposed to be connected and be one big raid? I thought thats what I read somewhere.

I never really got the hype for A'N. The lore of it is just not interesting at all to me.

Cool project nonetheless I suppose.

I always thought Anub'Arak was screwed over a bit in wotlk, there really should have been Azjol' Nerub raid.

...though not clearly as screwed over as Murozond. The infinite dragonflight could have had their own expansion spanning thousands of years of WoW... and the whole story was finished in a faceroll dungeon.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Looks amazing.

Do many people still create/play new maps and stuff in Warcraft 3? I have a dozen campaigns and maps that I never finished because I didnt think anyone still played it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    And also home for Yogg'Saron. He was not supposed to be in Ulduar.
    Nah he was supposed to be in Ulduar, but Yogg-Saron is almost everywhere under Northrend that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Nah he was supposed to be in Ulduar, but Yogg-Saron is almost everywhere under Northrend that's all.
    http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...ad.php?t=31035

Deleted
    What a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    What a source.
    Too lazy/busy to find actual quotes from before WOTLK. Google is your friend.

Metzen said during the blizzcon where they announced WOTLK that and Old God was in the depth of Azjol Nerub