Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Cyberpowerpc vs Ibuypower pc

Was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229364 and then googled it and heard that its a crap computer and then decided to look more and found http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227457 wondering which is better for gaming, I'll be playing Tera/TESO/Skyrim/Phantasy Star Online 2 on it. Would like a reply soon going to buy 1 of them soon might be today. Will be upgrading the psu and the gpu
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2013-02-06 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    second one is better however does lack unlocked cpu.
    can't you order a fully customized one from their original site? (should allow for better cpu/gpu combo)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why buy a prebuilt machine /faceplame you can get so much more for the money with building your own imo.

* User was infracted
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-02-05 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpowerpc is always cheaper and has a much better selection. Also if you read reviews their customer service is far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer54
    Why buy a prebuilt machine /faceplame you can get so much more for the money with building your own imo.
    That would be true if Cyberpowerpc didn't have such amazing deals. The build I'm currently looking at I save roughly only $25 by building myself. Those $25 I feel are well spent since I don't know how to build it myself and would probably screw something up. I'd rather pay somebody else for the labor and know-how and be assured that it's done right, instead of attempting to do it myself and ruining the rest of my investment.

Richardoz, you are the first person I have seen in a while that insists on consistently posting in this forum while admitting to the fact that you do not know what you are doing.

Building it yourself is NOT hard. There are numerous guides posted all over the internet. Quite a few have been linked in this forum, see STICKY posts.

When you build something yourself, you know the details on every piece of hardware you are putting into your investment. That is simply NOT the case with something you "customize" and buy online. Those websites are in the business of making money. They find ways to cheap out on components, while misleading the potential buyer into making costly and sometimes poor choices through their "customization" menu.

Quoting a line often used in response to your posts, RicardoZ,
    "What the shits."

To the OP..
    First build sports an i5 3570k which allows for overclocking, as well as a larger (noname I am guessing)) 7200RPM HDD.
    Second build has an i5 3570 which is a locked processor(little to no overclocking, depending on motherboard), with a lower capacity HDD with no specified HDD RPM speed. Second build features the stronger GPU.

However, we're talking entry level gaming. Both choices are very low end GPU's. While you're going to be playing mostly CPU intensive games, your going to end up hating yourself for going cheap on the GPU the moment you want even an ounce of eye candy.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

I read a lot of reviews from both sites before I made my purchase a year ago. I ended up going with Ibuypower because of numerous reviews stating customer service issues and hardware problems with Cyberpower.

I only had one issue with my comp from Ibuypower...The RAM (Corsair Vengeance) had a weird fault that would cause bluescreens at random times. Sometimes not for a week, other times 3x a day. I was able to RMA the RAM and got some new stuff (G.Skill Ripjaws), and I haven't had an issue since.

Also, to throw my two cents in, yes it's cheaper and not hard to build your own comp. However, I didn't mind going through a company. If something were to happen hardware-wise, I could have sent it in and got a replacement without any cost. If I freelance bought all the parts and botched something, I'd be out the money period.

We are not talking about hardcore overclocking. We are not talking about dangerous hardware mods.

We're talking about physically piecing together puzzle, which has been designed with the fearful end user in mind. Things are much different then how they were over a decade ago. You can not physically put something anywhere it does not belong.

Parts have been designed to make "user error" during assembly near impossible. Don't forget that you often have a limited warranty from the place you purchased parts, as well as a warranty from the hardware manufacturer. (1-2 yrs, 5-7 yrs, sometimes lifetime.)

If anything, the most important steps to a build come before physically assembling it. Such as verifying you purchase an adequate power supply, and verifying compatibility between hardware prior to purchase. While those things can be intimidating for those new to hardware, forums such as this have users who pride themselves in using their knowledge and experience to aid those who lack either.

After all that, all you need is a cheap set of precision screw drivers. Perhaps one larger flat head/phillips head, some time and patience. If you really wanted to stretch it, you can purchase an anti-static(ESD) wrist strap. Though most of us just keep in contact with our case as we go, and avoid assembly directly on carpet or near pets(my cat goes outside during build time).

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 04:07 PM ----------

Back on topic though. To the OP, I wouldn't hesitate to take Marest's sample $700 build over the rigs you linked. It'd cost as much as the most expensive rig you linked, while providing adequate GPU power and a perfectly capable processor that is not far behind the 3570. Not to mention the fact that you would have quality parts all around.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Cyberpowerpc is always cheaper and has a much better selection. Also if you read reviews their customer service is far superior.

That would be true if Cyberpowerpc didn't have such amazing deals. The build I'm currently looking at I save roughly only $25 by building myself. Those $25 I feel are well spent since I don't know how to build it myself and would probably screw something up. I'd rather pay somebody else for the labor and know-how and be assured that it's done right, instead of attempting to do it myself and ruining the rest of my investment.
    I usually get my parts from Microcenter and I have usually looked at prebuilt PCs then priced out the components online and have never been able to get a better deal on a prebuilt. And that usually gives me a lot of wiggle room for more RAM better GPU/CPU, or what not. I also have the bonus of living a few minutes from a local center so I can skip all shipping charges.

Over all I love putting together my own PCs, last prebuilt PC i got from Cyberpower, years ago, had defective RAM and RAM slots. Had to ship it back and wait for it to be fixed/replaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    Richardoz, you are the first person I have seen in a while that insists on consistently posting in this forum while admitting to the fact that you do not know what you are doing.

Building it yourself is NOT hard. There are numerous guides posted all over the internet. Quite a few have been linked in this forum, see STICKY posts.

When you build something yourself, you know the details on every piece of hardware you are putting into your investment. That is simply NOT the case with something you "customize" and buy online. Those websites are in the business of making money. They find ways to cheap out on components, while misleading the potential buyer into making costly and sometimes poor choices through their "customization" menu.

Quoting a line often used in response to your posts, RicardoZ,
    "What the shits."
    You'll note that the majority of what I post here are questions, which is usually part of the admission that i don't know what I'm talking about. If you were being fair you'd have pointed that out.

And that response was used once. Once isn't often.

But whatever if you want me gone, adios. I can find other places to have my questions answered without people treating me like I'm a jerk (I hope).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Bruce his builds are without an OS and they run around 100-150 thats money i can save if i go with my 600 build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    I usually get my parts from Microcenter and I have usually looked at prebuilt PCs then priced out the components online and have never been able to get a better deal on a prebuilt. And that usually gives me a lot of wiggle room for more RAM better GPU/CPU, or what not. I also have the bonus of living a few minutes from a local center so I can skip all shipping charges.

Over all I love putting together my own PCs, last prebuilt PC i got from Cyberpower, years ago, had defective RAM and RAM slots. Had to ship it back and wait for it to be fixed/replaced.
    I'm sure it's great fun if you know what you're doing and enjoy it, but it's not everybody's "thing".

I could go on about how much it sucks to read Doubleday's horrible translations of Pablo Neruda's poetry and it's so much better if you just learn Spanish and read it in its original form, but that's just not everybody's strong point. Not everybody would enjoy that. Not everybody would want to spend a bunch of money on something and then have their success hinge on having to do something they don't know how to do or learn how to do something they don't want to learn how to do when they can pay a reasonable price to have somebody else who is an expert do it for them. I'm sure some people would rather pay the extra $5 for what it cost the publisher to pay the translator instead of learning how to read Spanish.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 10:50 PM ----------

And just for the record...

*BASE_PRICE: [+675]
    BLUETOOTH: None
    CAS: NZXT Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case [-6] (Blue Color)
    CASUPGRADE: None
    CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    CD2: None
    COOLANT: Standard Coolant
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 3.20 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
    CS_FAN: Default case fans
    ENGRAVING: None
    FA_HDD: None
    FAN: Intel Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink [-20]
    FLASHMEDIA: None
    FREEBIE_CS: None
    FREEBIE_MB: None
    FREEBIE_VC: None
    FREEBIE_VC2: None
    GLASSES: None
    HDD: 500GB SATA-III 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-14] (Single Drive)
    HDD2: None
    IEEE_CARD: None
    IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
    MB_SRT: None
    MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
    MONITOR: None
    MONITOR2: None
    MONITOR3: None
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H Intel B75 Chipset DDR3 mATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, HDMI, GbLAN, USB 3.0, SATA-III, 2x Gen2 PCIe x16 & PCI [-26]
    MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
    NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    POWERSUPPLY: * 500 Watts - Corsair CX500 V2 80 Plus Certified Power Supply [+24]
    RUSH: 5% Instant Rebate for NO-RUSH Delivery, order will ship in 3 to 4 Weeks. Must Enter Coupon Code "NORUSH" during checkout [+0]
    SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    SPEAKERS: None
    TABLET: None
    TEMP: None
    TUNING: None
    TVRC: None
    USB: None
    USBFLASH: None
    USBHD: None
    USBX: None
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+92] (EVGA Superclocked [+0])
    VIDEO2: None
    VIDEO3: None
    WNC: None
    _PRICE: (+725)
    _view_: {F9CD7B65-36D7-466A-81E9-D388C85C6CA7}
    _load_: 2/5/2013 5:36:24 PM

-$5 MiR from Power Supply
    Grand Total: $758.75
    Delivered right to my door, put together by a professional using the parts I specified, with gaming mouse and gaming keyboard included for free.

Versus this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Tempest 210 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($51.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On DS-8A8SH DVD/CD Writer ($38.49 @ Mwave)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Full (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $690.38
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-05 20:46 EST-0500)

With no mouse or keyboard included. The shipping from the Cyberpower system is $75, so that means I'm essentially paying nothing for the labor, the only difference in price is in how much the mail charges to send it from there to here which has nothing to do with Cyberpower.

So actually yes, it technically is cheaper in this case to buy the premade system. The base price of the Cyberpower computer was $675, $15 cheaper than building my own with identical parts.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-02-06 at 01:33 AM.

RicardoZ, by no means do I mean to sound like a jerk or make you out to sound like one. If you have a question that is relevant to a thread, by all means ask or follow up with the thread. Otherwise, post your own topic and ask.

However, do not go offering advice when you do not have all the information/details to offer accurate advice.

Hellravager, you said you plan on upgrading the GPU/PSU of whatever rig you buy. You'd save FAR more money going with Marest's $700 build and buying an OS compared to buying prebuilt and upgrading the GPU/PSU.
    Last edited by BruceG87; 2013-02-06 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, do not go offering advice when you do not have all the information/details to offer accurate advice.
    I didn't offer any advice. I said that I've noticed that on the build I'm considering buying a pre-made is reasonably more expensive considering I do not possess the skills nor the desire to learn the skills necessary to building my own system. And this is after the OP has said he's considering buying a premade, mind you. The difference in price ($68, using the exact same components, none of the el cheapo parts you mentioned), is to me, in my position, absolutely reasonable than the risk, time, and learning curve involved in making it myself. So actually my posts here would be of a lot more help to the OP who is considering buying a premade, than your posts, which are touting the virtues of the diy approach, that the OP obviously does not want to take. In fact, the first poster in the thread to try to take it down that route got infracted.

I wasn't offering advice, I was making an observation. I didn't say "You should do x because y..."

And what I said was, in fact, quite accurate.

So what exactly is your problem with me?
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-02-06 at 02:18 AM.

I don't know where to start. However, you are definitely working hard at making enemies in this forum.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever recommend a builder series PSU from Corsair. Nor would anyone recommend an nvidia 650 ti. There are far better options for cheaper.

All you did was establish exactly what I said. Websites making money by pedaling poor quality items to people at a stupid premium. Oh, and they manage to save money by purchasing items in bulk as well.

One last note, your "gaming mouse and keyboard" are no better then this $3 mouse and $3 keyboard I purchased for a family member at microcenter. Sure, they work.. but they're not exactly quality. Although yours may sport some fancy LED or bright color scheme where as these do not.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    So what exactly is your problem with me?
    You don't know when to stop talking. You do not offer accurate advice. You just need to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know where to start. However, you are definitely working hard at making enemies in this forum.
    You seem to be much more dead set on being my enemy than I with you.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever recommend a builder series PSU from Corsair.
    Then these 291 certified owners of the Corsair PSU that I put in my build are all certifiable: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139027

Nor would anyone recommend an nvidia 650 ti. There are far better options for cheaper.
    Find me a better GPU than the Nvidia 650 Ti for under $119.99 Go for it. You didn't really read the OP did you? The systems he's looking at have a GT 620 and a 7770. The GTX 650 Ti is a significant upgrade over both, and is even cheaper than the 7770 in this case.

You don't know when to stop talking. You do not offer accurate advice. You just need to stop.
    I didn't offer anybody any advice. I pointed out what I'd seen online and compared for myself, explained my purposes, and I think it's probably relatively close to what the OP wants. I never recommended he buy anything I tell him, I never told him the pros and cons of what I had found, I never made myself out to be an expert.

But I guess I need a degree or something in IT to be able to add up the price of components on one website and compare them to the price on another.

Personal opinion, cyberpower definitely has a lot more customization options. Ibuypower seemed to be a little bit cheaper overall.

If you part it out, it's only a little bit more money to buy it through them, however, if you want the cheaper price by going deferred time, it'll take about a month to get the computer. However, if you do want your computer in a timely manner, it'll cost you.

There is a lot to be said for building it yourself for the learning experience. The ability to completely pick your own parts and put it together, and go through the learning curve process, and you'll understand your system that much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea but you can fuck up and destroy what your building easily. And Bruce Maret's Builds i dont see any sound card in there man so that means i'd have to buy a sound card and an OS which makes your so called "saving money build" more expensive talking like 800

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Yea but you can fuck up and destroy what your building easily. And Bruce Maret's Builds i dont see any sound card in there man so that means i'd have to buy a sound card and an OS which makes your so called "saving money build" more expensive talking like 800
    It's actually way easier than it looks/sounds. As long as you're not rough with it then nothing will go wrong. Also unless you're using almost studio-quality equipment you will have no need for a soundcard as the onboard sound on the motherboard will be good enough.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Motherboards have integrated soundcards.

Easily is a big exaggeration, my mother, sister and girlfriend all managed to build computers all by their self, none of them have any technical education/training. The only part where you can really destroy something is if you break the pins on the CPU or CPU socket, most other stuff you really have to do something silly to break.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at for 717 budgets 754, i'll also need an OS too which is 54 for xp and 80-100 for win 7.
    MoBo: ASRock Z77 Pro3 – $89.99
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k – $214.99
    RAM: G.Skill 1600MHz 2x4GB – $34.99
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti – $279.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB – $64.99
    PSU: XFX ProSeries 450W – $52.99 Review (Have a 600 watt i can use)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi – $49.99 (discontinued)
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2013-02-06 at 03:26 AM.