cutting edge achievements?

Ahead of the Curve? Are these really necessary? The normal achieves already are timestamped.

Obviously not vital, but one questions why anyone would care one way or another. If blizzard wants to put them in, does it matter?

Yes it does matter! Because prestiege isn't noticed if they have to look for it, so I need to blam it in their face!

Also, this is just a kick at those who can't actually get the achievment, now I'm never going to get in a pug because I don't have achievments to link!

Warning, this post contains vast amounts of sarcasm.
    Last edited by Jamber; 2013-02-05 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people are too lazy to remember or search when such and such raid was released to compare to the timestamp. So Blizzard makes it easier to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better question is, who cares? Why does is matter if someone has a way to show they killed a boss before any nerfs / prior to another tier? Does it lower your moral? I have the anwser, it doesnt matter. Theres no need to complain or look for a sharp end for every single thing literally every single little thing blizzard adds to this damn game.

They are putting this thing in game, instead of haveing to go to Wowprogress or armory. Whats the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Better question is, who cares? Why does is matter if someone has a way to show they killed a boss before any nerfs / prior to another tier? Does it lower your moral? I have the anwser, it doesnt matter. Theres no need to complain or look for a sharp end for every single thing literally every single little thing blizzard adds to this damn game.

They are putting this thing in game, instead of haveing to go to Wowprogress or armory. Whats the issue?
    Shampro its like what Jamber said its prestiege, "People wanna the very best like no ever was" and they wanna show it off. There is nothing wrong with having the cutting edge acheivements, I have retired from Harcore Raiding and I would love to have those too, but those are for the the raiders who acheive those feats.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The Feats of Strength are necessary, considering that they're nerfing T14 by 10% in patch 5.2.

"On Normal and Heroic mode, zone-wide auras have been activated in Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring, reducing the health and damage of all enemies therein by 10%. A NPC near the entrance within each zone explains this, and offers to deactivate the buff for the benefit of brave/foolhardy adventurers."

(Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/822...y_30-1_30_2013)

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    The Feats of Strength are necessary, considering that they're nerfing T14 by 10% in patch 5.2.

"On Normal and Heroic mode, zone-wide auras have been activated in Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring, reducing the health and damage of all enemies therein by 10%. A NPC near the entrance within each zone explains this, and offers to deactivate the buff for the benefit of brave/foolhardy adventurers."

(Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/822...y_30-1_30_2013)
    Well they don't really need to, as like OP said, the achieves are already timestamped. I suppose it will be good if you have an alt clear those AFTER the patch, at which point the timestamp changes, and you won't have to switch characters to show when you downed it for the first time.

No idea why they added it
    There's no prestige in killing normal bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    No idea why they added it
    There's no prestige in killing normal bosses
    Isn't that FoS only for heroic bosses though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Ahead of the Curve? Are these really necessary? The normal achieves already are timestamped.
    It makes it easier for people to get an overview of a new recruit for a guild...I don't remember dates when shit got nerfed to the ground, this makes it a lot easier.

Ahead of the curve achivs are useless. I can see the point in cutting edge, but normal content is pretty easy already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess its all subjective. There are a fair share of guilds who have 2-3 hard modes down in MSV/HoF but still can't kill Normal Sha.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    People actually care about what others have done in game? I dunno about you but I have never inspected, armoried, or compared achievements with another toon. I just don't care about what anyone does in this game but my self and my guild. And even then, I only care about getting bosses down. I don't bother with any achievements unless the guild wants them for the meta raid rewards. I find them useless pandering to the ADHD Xbox crowd who needs them for validation.

You don't get any feat of strength for being duelist or 2000 ranked in arena/RBG, it's all the top 0.5%...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

They are necessary imo,back in cata when they nerfed ds almost everyone had 8/8 hc;you couldn't really tell who killed deathwing with 30% nerf and who killed it without any nerf.