Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    I think that when more people discover the flaws of liberalism, they will flock to republicans in the upcoming elections. And since people have nothing bad to say about this man except for his weight (A problem pretty common in the U.S) He s probably a very credible candidate on the republican ticket
    Until he has to swerve deep into the religious and moral extremism that is currently controlling the GOP, which will again turn off a majority of undecided voters.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Until he has to swerve deep into the religious and moral extremism that is currently controlling the GOP, which will again turn off a majority of undecided voters.
    Assuming they are still around and not rightfully purged

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP establishment and RINOs are the biggest things hurting the GOP. Those two groups are what the majority of dems and middle/undecided voters don't like. The newer Conservatives and Conservative Libertarians will eventually replace them. If Karl Rove can just retire quietly and cut this crap out with his new PAC, we'd actually see some stuff getting done.

Assuming they are still around and not rightfully purged
    If the GOP actually becomes the party of small government and personal liberties, I shall be quite happy for that day. As it is, I certainly can't see the majority of what the GOP actually does as anything like good for the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the GOP actually becomes the party of small government and personal liberties, I shall be quite happy for that day. As it is, I certainly can't see the majority of what the GOP actually does as anything like good for the country.
    Lets be fair a moment. Their arguements against abortion are reasonable without religious context involved. It just our society is twisted when they think that they hava a right to choose to kill a fetus. Because control of their body involves murder and not practicing safe sex.

Lets be fair a moment. Their arguements against abortion are reasonable without religious context involved. It just our society is twisted when they think that they hava a right to [B]choose[B to kill a fetus
    I don't feel like getting into a debate with you about the fate of a non sentient parasite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to vote Republican, I don't anymore. If he ran; there's a good chance I would start voting for some Republicans again. We need someone like him to run for Governor here in Illinois.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-02-06 at 06:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel like getting into a debate with you about the fate of a non sentient parasite.
    It probably wouldn't end well. However, my view still stands, and is reasonable until leftish outlets or religious fanatics get their hands on it

Christie is a stand up guy and I like his fire but other posters have said it. He has no chance of getting the nomination because of how he supported the President during Sandy and how he has roasted his own party for incompetence. Republicans would be brilliant to make this guy the new face of their party but no one has ever accused the GOP of being brilliant since allowing the tea party crazies to take over.

It probably wouldn't end well. However, my view still stands, and is reasonable until leftish outlets or religious fanatics get their hands on it
    It never does. You have your opinion, I have mine. This isn't what the thread is about, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I've watched David Letterman's Late Show last night.
    He had Chris Christie as guest. I found it hilarious. At the same time, I came to realize how much the country would be in need of such men, like Christie.
    REAL politicians, real in the meaning of guys who understand what the people actually want.
    To me, he's such a rare breed. Elected by the people, to do the job for the people. And never losing his personality as one of the people.
    His personality comes across, as if he's a co worker of you. If no one ever told you, he's the Governor of New Jersey, and for many wished to run for President, who would know? He's - to me - a refreshing example of how politicians should be, yet most of them forgot their purpose.

He also gave nice, and in parts even shocking (although not surprising) insider views.

Here's the link to the entire show. You can skip to about 17/18 minutes, that's when Christie comes into play.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/v...-show-2-4-2013

PS: The thread title isn't literal. It's meant rather as in "Guys like him"..

unfortunately following orders of majorities is restricted by some "greater laws" like not harming minorities, humanrights etc ... thats why politicians sometimes not only follow orders.

not everything that is found in the biggest number of people necessarily is the best and ethical at all. in fact most time its indeed NOT ... even democracy has to be seen with a minimum of scepsis, like all kinds of authority and government.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 07:57 AM ----------

Lets be fair a moment. Their arguements against abortion are reasonable without religious context involved. It just our society is twisted when they think that they hava a right to choose to kill a fetus. Because control of their body involves murder and not practicing safe sex.
    the interesting thing is: the same ppl that are against arbortion are ALSO agains sexual education!!! i think abortion should be the least choosen option, while i agree that the term "right" implies to much, there has to be the POSSIBILITY of abortion in Reviewed (psychological reviews of proffessionals) cases! to forbid it completely is as wrong as completely allowing it without debate/elaboration of decisions. its the same with "the right to adopt children" right implies to much " i want,iwant, me,me,me,me" but i think its a language-specific problem of what you understand of the term "right". i think most ppl that use "i want the right to ..." just want to say "i want the possibility to ..."

so everyone in most western countries have the right of making decisions on their own about their own. now the question is: is abortion sth that only involves the one deciding? some say yes, some say no, thats why it indeed IS about the question IF a fetus is a non-consent beeing, or just a bunch of stemcells multiplying.
    its always the question when, and 2why the society reflected by law and order has a "right" to intervene into personla decisions. i think the abortion thing is sth to argue about. gay-marriage for example is not. it just involves two consent ppl, noone is harmed, etc.