10+ Year Old Account

Upgrading Keyboard/Mouse for WoW

Hey all,

So I'm looking into upgrading my keyboard and mouse for my computer. The only game I play is WoW and I also use my computer for homework occasionally.

I would appreciate it if you could recommend a good and possibly quiet keyboard and mouse that would be good for gaming and typing.

Price isn't an issue.

Deleted
    Logitech G400 mouse and Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard.

You can't really go wrong with the Logitech G400 as a mouse.

As for keyboard, since you're looking for a quiet one, try something like the Microsoft Sidewinder X4. I'd normally recommend a mechanical keyboard, but they're usually a little nosier than rubber dome keyboards.

Edit: Notarget and I are like twins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thanks for the fast response guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from typing, I've never really used a keyboard for gaming on WoW
    Right Hand - Razer Naga Epic Mouse
    Left Hand - Razer Nostromo Gamepad (currently outdated they have a newer model)

nonetheless it has taken me quite far in the game, and I'm very happy with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

change to a razer naga and never look back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post

Edit: Notarget and I are like twins!

I'm honored

I would suggest the Logitech G700 mouse. I love mine so much that I bought a second one for our spare PC. They're $60 on Amazon, which isn't bad for a premium mouse. IMHO (and through personal experience with their most expensive mouse, which was quickly abandoned), Razer mice are cheaply made, overpriced garbage - although I really like their mouse pads. I also have a Logitech G13, which is really nice if (a) you are prepared to get used to using one and will take the time to experiment with how to set it up to suit your needs and (b) you don't mind having to move back and forth from that to the keyboard to type.

I'm using a M90 and a K90 from Corsair. I love the feel of them and the keyboard looks awesome. I haven't had much time to play around with the macro buttons since I've been pretty busy with work. I'm slightly obsessive with brands. For a while it was Razer till I got tired of replacing everything yearly almost. Still got my razer mousepad though. The keyboard is a little pricy but the mouse is reasonably priced.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=23-816-002 Keyboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=26-816-007 Mouse

10+ Year Old Account
    Another one on the G400, it's simply one of the best quality mice on the market yet still being reasonably cheap. (~$35-40)
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are playing WoW and your wanting a mouse I think the G400 is kinda useless. With wow you want buttons and you want them in a spot you can use them like the Naga or the Corsair M90 or the upcoming M95 which I plan on getting myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    If you are playing WoW and your wanting a mouse I think the G400 is kinda useless. With wow you want buttons and you want them in a spot you can use them like the Naga or the Corsair M90 or the upcoming M95 which I plan on getting myself.
    useless is quite a stretch. Not everyone needs 8-12+ side buttons to play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I also think "useless" is a pretty strong word here. There are plenty of people who want nothing to do with an MMO mouse, and I'm one of them. I much prefer keeping my keybinds on my keyboard (with just 1-6 and three different modifier keys I have more than enough) and using my mouse for movement, etc.

I think MMO mice are crutches that promote an "improper" (for lack of a better term) playstyle because people rely way too heavily on them. I have friends who wouldn't be able to perform in WoW without their Naga (which is a bad thing). More than once a raid has been canceled because a friend's Naga died.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-02-06 at 05:04 AM.

As others have said, a Razor Naga for the mouse. It takes a bit of getting used to hitting the 12 side buttons without looking, but once you get it down it will free up your left hand so freaking much.

As for the keyboard first thing you have to think about is if you play a lot of FPSs or not. If you do then look into some of the higher end mechanical keyboards. They're not near as loud as the were back in the day and the response time is straight up amazing. And I'm not talking about playing CoD/BF3 a few times a week, more if you play a bit competitive often, if you don't then don't worry about it. If mechanical isn't your thing then Logitech makes some great keyboards. The G110 is a awesome entry level keyboard and you can get it for a great price. 12 macro keys, good software, and best of all a switch to deactivate you're windows key lol.

But yeah.. get a Razor Naga.

Deleted
    I got a razer anansi for christmas just gone. It is marketed as having 7 modifier keys below the space bar (different combinations of alt, ctrl and shift). Personally, I never use these, the only thing I ever use the extra features for on this keyboard is the ability to record macros on the fly, and assign them to any key. Apart from the extra features, It's a very good, very responsive keyboard. Can't say it's the best, as I havn't tried any others, and I'm sure there are better out there.

A month later I got the Razer Naga MMO 2012....Wow. Just wow. I can't believe I didn't buy one years ago. I use this along with a razer Vespula gaming surface, and together, it is just so smooth, so accurate. The 12 thumbkeys, which are hotkeyed to either your numpad or standard 1 - = keys (there is a toggle switch under the mouse) are a godsend. I personally use the top row for healing CDs, 2nd row for mana CDs, third row for personal care (barkskin, healthstones etc) and the bottom row for CCs/speedboosts. Sometimes you may only save a split second by using these over keyboard binds, but this all adds up in a fight. Since getting this just 2 weeks ago, I have ranked in 4 top 200 (2 of them top 100) HPS fights in T14 raids, before getting this mouse I hadn't ranked once.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Yeah useless is a stretch I could have used a different word but even when I didn't have a naga I could never get into using the shift button to add extra keybinds idk my fingers just didn't want to do it. Naga came along and helped me get more abilities I couldn't key bind before. I do want to get the new M95 thou I know since it's a Corsair the build quality will be great and probably last a long time.