Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 5.2 - 10% nerf coming to Normal and Heroic T14

The newly-released official 5.2 PTR patch notes reveal that all T14 Normal and Heroic content is getting a 10% nerf. Guess that explains the Feats of Strength.

"On Normal and Heroic mode, zone-wide auras have been activated in Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring, reducing the health and damage of all enemies therein by 10%. A NPC near the entrance within each zone explains this, and offers to deactivate the buff for the benefit of brave/foolhardy adventurers."

(Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/822...y_30-1_30_2013)

Hmm, interesting. When they reworded the FoS, I figured they were just going to let the new gear nerf the content artificially.

I guess they were afraid of people complaining if they could not kill ToT bosses to outgear 5.0 encounters? Oh well...10% is a good amount I suppose, compared to the 30%+ precedents. I just hope it doesn't stack and trivialize the encounters; I'm enjoying "struggling" through the zones on alts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Interesting. They said there would be no nerfs to MSV/HoF/ToES (which is why they changed the FoSs to pre-5.2 rather than pre-nerf). This nerf plus the insane stat inflation is going to make it a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Interesting. They said there would be no nerfs to MSV/HoF/ToES (which is why they changed the FoSs to pre-5.2 rather than pre-nerf). This nerf plus the insane stat inflation is going to make it a joke.
    Yeah, but its not like it matters anyway

It can be infered from your ironic commentary that you are one of the players that found the normal raids to be very easy so you should be running heroics without addons for extra fun. So it's obvious that you will be running the new raid and won't look back unless you raid with the alts or until they do it raid challenge mode. So why you care.

That is for the players that havent finished Normal or Heroic Modes and want/need to finish the content or run them for quick alt runs for gearing. And is a better timed "nerf" of content than they have done in before. Seeing that Gear progression will be done in raids is a good messure to promote the formation of pugs in Normal modes for alts. I for one remember the pug raids on ICC and look forward to this as a step to get those again.

Deleted
    Not unexpected. After all it WILL become old content once 5.2 hits. At least we aren't getting nerfs for CURRENT content, which pretty much invalidate our efforts by large margin. Now we get full 5 months of actually relevant content, my 3-months-after-world-first heroic kill isn't diminished by any nerf. Only thing I could have better than cutting edge guilds is the gear after so many resets and valor point upgrades.

i sure hope the 10% will go up to 30%, at least for heroic modes.

also it was known that all 3 instances will be nerfed since beta when the raid achievements went up on the beta client.

10% isn't that bad, no need for 30% with completely out gearing every fight with 5.2 raid gear.

10% + 5.1 item upgrading + 5.2 lfr / normals, looks like they're trying to get more lfr raiders to try out 5.0 raids on normal. Sounds good to me. Some realms desperately need a boost to the raider pool to recruit from.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Wow, I expected shitloads of QQ about this here, but it seems like most are actually positive about it.
    10% nerf to old content. Fair enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JadleHF View Post
    Wow, I expected shitloads of QQ about this here, but it seems like most are actually positive about it.
    10% nerf to old content. Fair enough!
    we get our Feat of strength we get to be special snowflakes. and there doing content 2 patches after us. Ideally this is the way us hardcore raiders have wanted blizz to do it for years. Let them do the content with nerfs just not BEFORE the next tier. We get 5.2 heroic modes they get to finally be able to clear 5.0 heroic modes and basically wait to 5.4 before they do 5.2 heroic raids.

It wont matter cause once 5.2 hits raiding guilds will be busy in 5.2 raids , pugs the same would rather clear 3-4 bosses in ToT then whole 16 in 5.0 content - so it wont matter and wont make those raids a joke. + guilds will have easier tiem to farm gear for new recruits etc .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-02-05 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    The newly-released official 5.2 PTR patch notes reveal that all T14 Normal and Heroic content is getting a 10% nerf. Guess that explains the Feats of Strength.

"A NPC near the entrance within each zone explains this, and offers to deactivate the buff for the benefit of brave/foolhardy adventurers."
    You can remove the buff if you want no need to be all butt hurt about it... Remove it period

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point since 10% really isn't anything.

I think it's a good thing.

With ToT dropping 522 gear, I expect average raids to need at least 500 average ilvl to be able to clear the whole place. The only way for a new character to get to that kind of ilvl will be through 5.2 LFR (drops 502 gear), any new craftables and 496+ gear from 5.0 raids. So these raids will definitely still be pugged, considering the awful drop rate in LFR.

I don't see any negatives to this. It's given the content the longevity it needed by not nerfing it from the getgo, now is gets an extra lease on life too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I don't see the point since 10% really isn't anything.
    Its HUGE. 30% nerf would make heroic modes as easy as normal mode, and normal mode as easy as LFR. That would be overkill. I like the 10% nerf, easier to run alts thru the raids. And i really like the fact that they nerf things and dont give some ridiculous buff to damage/healing/health of players, hate them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durahal View Post
    10% isn't that bad, no need for 30% with completely out gearing every fight with 5.2 raid gear.
    you must mean over gearing every single fight in full 5.0 raid gear

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Its HUGE. 30% nerf would make heroic modes as easy as normal mode, and normal mode as easy as LFR. That would be overkill. I like the 10% nerf, easier to run alts thru the raids. And i really like the fact that they nerf things and dont give some ridiculous buff to damage/healing/health of players, hate them.
    I don't see it as being huge since I doubt anybody is 10% behind on a boss. 20-30% makes more sense since this nerf is probably aimed at people who just do normals so they can be as easy as normals so those people can experience them. I think nerfs are retarded in the first place but that is my reasoning.

Does this mean people who clear heroics will have to do a week of normals in order to get this FoS? Or will it be a retroactive FoS?