Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i sure hope the 10% will go up to 30%, at least for heroic modes.

also it was known that all 3 instances will be nerfed since beta when the raid achievements went up on the beta client.
    30% then it's not heroic is it, its normal mode....

Don't care really, never going back to T14 when 5.2 hits. At least they aren't nerfing content while it's current, that was the worst idea they've ever had. I can kind of tolerate it during the last patch (ICC, DS) after a long time, but what they did to Firelands was a joke.

Yeah I'm happy with this.

If you have cleared you get your achieve and everyone will know you did it before nerfs.

If you haven't cleared, whether its because of a late start, a break over christmas, or player skill, then you need the nerfs anyway. Better luck clearing Throne before nerfs.

If you are somehow in one of these groups and are annoyed by the nerfs, I don't really understand why.

They shouldn't nerf heroic content, ever. The people that won't put in the effort to get heroic bosses down have LFR/normal modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtslbd View Post
    They shouldn't nerf heroic content, ever. The people that won't put in the effort to get heroic bosses down have LFR/normal modes.
    Does it really matter when the tier is no longer the current one?
    I really don't see the problem with nerfing an old raid, and it's not even that much, and I'd say it's necessary because they still expect new players to do those raids before they can go to Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I really don't see the problem with nerfing an old raid, and it's not even that much, and I'd say it's necessary because they still expect new players to do those raids before they can go to Throne.
    Going back to what i said, they have other modes for people that are unable to clear heroic content. The content is supposed to be just that, heroic. Why should every casual player get to wear a title or have a mount that people had to actually work for.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    You really think they expect people to clear old heroic content when the new VP gear is 13 ilvls higher?

This is just a handout.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-02-06 at 05:51 AM.

Eh, never doing this content again in 5.2, doesn't bother/affect me.

To further clarify:
    They are nerfing old raids by 10%
    AND increasing the drop rates from said raids (including charm rolls).
    AND they are adding feats of strength for people who downed the content pre-nerf.

Finally blizzard is learning to appease both sides of fence. I think this is a very good direction, its better than the "lol new patch free gear" without going back to vanilla / bc style "have fun never being able to catch up". Happy medium, i'm honestly impressed. The feats of strength are a nice touch too.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladern View Post
    It can be infered from your ironic commentary that you are one of the players that found the normal raids to be very easy so you should be running heroics without addons for extra fun. So it's obvious that you will be running the new raid and won't look back unless you raid with the alts or until they do it raid challenge mode. So why you care.
    what a stupid thing to say,

Quote Originally Posted by Ladern View Post
    That is for the players that havent finished Normal or Heroic Modes and want/need to finish the content or run them for quick alt runs for gearing. And is a better timed "nerf" of content than they have done in before. Seeing that Gear progression will be done in raids is a good messure to promote the formation of pugs in Normal modes for alts. I for one remember the pug raids on ICC and look forward to this as a step to get those again.
    you don't need to do anything in this game.
    pugs are clearing normals on almost every server now.
    full guild alt runs that aren't clearing normals have serious problems.

judging by some of your past threads your much happier complaining about why you should min max and so on, so im not surprised with this post at all.

on topic: im not surprised there's a nerf, but the new normal mode FoS are pretty hilariously horrible.

I can't honestly see who would get mad for this. It's obsolete content, will make it smoother to run if you farm it for valor points or gear up new recruits since it's the only catch up since there are no new dungeons.

Obviously helping those who didn't clear it too.. seems like a win-win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess, with no gear upgrades in 5.2 (Blizzard's new way to nerfing content) they actually have to go back on their word, and nerf it, even if it's a tiny amount. No need for anything more than 10%, really. Good call imo

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    I wonder, if it will increase to 30% aswell.

Not that i care, but im a retired raider who went down to 2raid days a week, and currently on 6/16 HC. would love to see the end bosses on HC before we are wearing full T15, where its faceroll.
    Like BoT / BWD HC when we were in full DS HC gear

Going back to what i said, they have other modes for people that are unable to clear heroic content. The content is supposed to be just that, heroic. Why should every casual player get to wear a title or have a mount that people had to actually work for.
    Yeah fuck those firelords, I had to work for my title! If they hadn't nerfed that boss I'm sure the people now outgearing it by 120 ilevels wouldn't have had a chance.

(That was sarcasm, I'm scared it may have escaped you)

Deleted
    But they get nerfed anyway with the increased ilvl from the next tier

Deleted
    It's 10% and will increase a couple more times, do people not read / have short term memories? Blizzard said from the start of this expansion that a zone raid nerf will be happening for all future raids.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, unnerfed raid tier would be interesing to see - mostly out of curiousity about results of that. But it's not like it will matter much once you're all in 522+ gear.
    I don't really like having previous raid tier as catch-up mechanic again though, I guess I'm spoiled by Cata.
    I wonder if they'll also remove HoF requirement for Terrace.
    Old Gods made me do it.

10% is an astonishing amount, people got used to 30% quickly, but think back to how much of a difference each 5% increment made.

I was one of the people who vehemently argued against the stacking debuff on current content and I am in absolute 100% support of this. 10% means the content isn't totally trivialised and it's in older more depreciated content, I honestly can't see a problem with this.

On top of that FoS for heroic and normal kills pre-nerf - a perfect system, bravo, Blizzard.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yeah fuck those firelords, I had to work for my title! If they hadn't nerfed that boss I'm sure the people now outgearing it by 120 ilevels wouldn't have had a chance.

(That was sarcasm, I'm scared it may have escaped you)
    I wouldn't be surprised if people still wiped on pre nerf rag even in todays gear (especially an LFR group).

10% Seems fine, and just the right amount to help people struggling. TBH if you can kill normal bosses with 10% nerf + MASSIVE gear advantage, Im not sure how you leveled to 90.