Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Finally a good solution by Blizz to cross-tier catch up! Running 5.0 raids with increased loot rates and slightly nerfed difficulty level sounds like a promising catch up concept. Good call not to turn 5.0 and 5.1 VP gear to JP gear too, that was the worst flaw of the cata catch ups together with the epic dungeon loot.

I dont like that people can still get the Feast of Strength's for the old raid with 5.2 gear. Not really the discussion tpoic in this thread, but nontheless

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
    I dont like that people can still get the Feast of Strength's for the old raid with 5.2 gear. Not really the discussion tpoic in this thread, but nontheless
    They can't. Those new FoS won't be obtainable after 5.2 hits.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    They can't. Those new FoS won't be obtainable after 5.2 hits.
    Seems i did not read far enough... the Achievement states

Defeat the Will of the Emperor in Mogu'shan Vaults on Heroic difficulty, with the Dampening Field inactive or disabled.

but on the frontpage i now read

When Patch 5.2 goes live, all players who have defeated Will of the Emperor, Grand Empress Shek’zeer, and/or Sha of Fear prior to the release of Patch 5.2 will receive a Feat of Strength to mark their accomplishments.

Good, you are right

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I don't see the point since 10% really isn't anything.
    lol...what?

So those near-kills under 10% won't automatically become kills, right?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

It is very very good change, since now that t14 gear isn't worth much, the effort of getting them should be less, very good adjustment to keep t14 not desertet.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    10% + 5.1 item upgrading + 5.2 lfr / normals, looks like they're trying to get more lfr raiders to try out 5.0 raids on normal. Sounds good to me.
    Sounds futile to me. LFR raiders will go "I can just do T15 LFR and get better stuff, and I've already seen the T14 bosses too many times already. What, new mechanics? Yeah, no thanks."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    10% is trivialising the encounter....
    Damn it, they have lfr for people who find content too hard... stop nerfing content ffs ! no sense of accomplishment when you kill a nerfed boss !
    a band aid achievement means nothing ...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Sounds futile to me. LFR raiders will go "I can just do T15 LFR and get better stuff, and I've already seen the T14 bosses too many times already. What, new mechanics? Yeah, no thanks."
    A good point. I run LFR exclusively and I have no interest in running T14 normals or heroics when I can do T15 LFR instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Damn it, they have lfr for people who find content too hard... stop nerfing content ffs ! no sense of accomplishment when you kill a nerfed boss !
    I think you are missing the point. If you already killed the boss then your sense of diminished accomplishment is confusing since you did the same thing as everyone else. If you don't want to kill the needed bosses then turn the debuff off and get your full sense of accomplishment back? It isn't a "band aid achievement" since it is actually a FoS and I don't see how it is a bandaid as it is acknowledging the efforts of those who killed it before it was nerfed and already got he achievements for doing it, even on LFR difficulty.

I do not raid heroic content, just normal and LFR d/t us being a tight guild (formed in TBC and some of us founders together in another guild in vanilla)....so we do not recruit any more and keep our regulars. That being said I think heroic should be left alone. Let the guilds who can do it during the current tier enjoy it. Then let gear nerf it for other guilds as they progress in current tier and go back.

But with normal modes I think this is perfect. This is what blizz should be doing regularly. Current tier ends, new tier begins, nerf old tier. Those who couldn't finish, those who have alts, and those who need to gear up new members/classes can do it a bit easier now.

IMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Why would it be targeting LFR raiders if the LFR version isn't receiving the debuff? It's there to help those struggling to complete the tier get over the hump so they can start the 5.2 tier.

Im sure this will just get burried but my 2 cents. i personally really enjoy this.

If they continue the rate of patches coming out the progression will be as i think it should be, similar to how it was in BC.

New content comes out, only the hardcore players fully clear it (back in the day it was the final boss, now this would be hardmode's final boss). average players are progressing through it at a moderate rate, more casual (not meaning this word as an insult, not saying unskilled/bad by any means, just people who take a more casual approach to the game) will do LFR/just getting started in the content.

Next content comes out, only hardcore players fully clear it, average players clear all last teir and progress through new content, new players progress through old content at a moderate rate

and so on, as long as content is never actually burried then your average player will have a ton to work through at all times, casual players will be able to see all content in time, hardcore players will, well, as usual, beat things and have a little break between content depending on how effective they are

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Give me a break. I suppose you won't allow yourself to receive any items from the new dailies/valor gear in 5.2? You also won't run LFR or do the Tier15 raids for gear and then go back and try to finish Tier14? Because if you receive any new gear you're nerfing the encounter yourself whether there's a removable buff or not. I find it hard to believe that people won't take gear advantages yet they throw a fit over a debuff.

Deleted
    Seems like good alt catch-up mechanic.
    T14 will still be a meaningful tier for gearing for T15, if you can clear it now on heroic you will blaze through it now with the nerf and increased itemlevel and that greatly helps your guildmembers carry main-switching people, funneling some 509 gear on them. LFR is 502 sure, but it's RNG, often really bad RNG. With 10 hc bosses from t14 available that "alt" is pretty much guaranteed many upgrades on his slots, since others dont need that gear.

10% nerf won't magically cause guilds to down will, shek'zeer, or even sha on heroic. Not a big deal really.

Deleted
    a 10% nerf I don't mind for this tier its way better then the 30% we had DURING the tier and this is after the tier afterall. Besides I have done the normal content I wanted to do so far, so I am totally fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Why would it be targeting LFR raiders if the LFR version isn't receiving the debuff?
    Why are you asking me?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

unfortunately when 5.2 hits EVERY pug raid leader will require 1 or all of these FOS's either on normal or heroic (most likely heroic) to enter the pug so if ur a late start or a geared new 90 you cant pug and are once again stuck in lfr unable to get into normals

I still have to raid normal and heroic modes. But I got burned out too much because of LFR