Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Cool, can't wait to move away from the pandacrap.

Looking forward to the next expansion and hopefully it is worth the wait. This time.

Deleted
    about the 10th time i've seen these lists come by

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I said it's too soon for another expansion announcement but after seeing the OP's post I guess it does make sense. I just thought it would've been too soon for another expansion because of all the stuff Blizzard added in MoP so I figured it wouldn't be for a while until the next announcement for a new expansion. I didn't even get to experience the raids for MoP nor did I get exalted with any of the reputations yet so would be kind of overwhelming if there was.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Many people on WoW, WoW forums and on MMO-Champion are convinced that announcing a new expansion this year would be too short of a time between MoP release and NEXT announcement. I am here to tell you that you are indeed wrong, and I have the numbers to prove it.

ANNOUNCEMENTS
    October 2005: The Burning Crusade
    August 2007: Wrath of the Lich King
    August 2009: Cataclysm
    October 2011: Mists of Pandaria

RELEASES:
    January 2007: The Burning Crusade
    November 2008: Wrath of the Lich King
    December 2010: Cataclysm
    September 2012: Mists of Pandaria

Time between ANNOUNCEMENT and RELEASE
    The Burning Crusade: 16 months
    Wrath of the Lich King: 16 months
    Cataclysm: 17 months
    Mists of Pandaria: 12 months
    Average: Around 15 months

Length of Expansions until next RELEASE
    TBC > WotLK: 23 months
    WotLK > Cata: 26 months
    Cata > MoP: 21 months
    MoP > NEXT: Around 24 months?

Time Between RELEASE and next ANOUNCEMENT
    TBC release > WotLK announcement: 8 months
    WotLK release > Cata announcement: 10 months
    Cata release > MoP announcement: 11 months
    MoP release > Blizzcon 2013: 12-14 months (longest period yet)

With the information above, I am 99% sure that Blizzcon 2013 will reveal the next expansion. In fact, it will not be the shortest peroid between release to announcement, as many believe it would be if something was announced this year. No. It would be the longest.

And just for some side information, NEXT will probably be released OCTOBER 2014.
    Im pretty sure mop will be an 18 month xpac putting it at a march or April release. they have said 18 months is their goal, and the speed at which they are releasing content leads me to believe they will meet that goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Many people on WoW, WoW forums and on MMO-Champion are convinced that announcing a new expansion this year would be too short of a time between MoP release and NEXT announcement. I am here to tell you that you are indeed wrong, and I have the numbers to prove it.

ANNOUNCEMENTS
    October 2005: The Burning Crusade
    August 2007: Wrath of the Lich King
    August 2009: Cataclysm
    October 2011: Mists of Pandaria

RELEASES:
    January 2007: The Burning Crusade
    November 2008: Wrath of the Lich King
    December 2010: Cataclysm
    September 2012: Mists of Pandaria

Time between ANNOUNCEMENT and RELEASE
    The Burning Crusade: 16 months
    Wrath of the Lich King: 16 months
    Cataclysm: 17 months
    Mists of Pandaria: 12 months
    Average: Around 15 months

Length of Expansions until next RELEASE
    TBC > WotLK: 23 months
    WotLK > Cata: 26 months
    Cata > MoP: 21 months
    MoP > NEXT: Around 24 months?

Time Between RELEASE and next ANOUNCEMENT
    TBC release > WotLK announcement: 8 months
    WotLK release > Cata announcement: 10 months
    Cata release > MoP announcement: 11 months
    MoP release > Blizzcon 2013: 12-14 months (longest period yet)

With the information above, I am 99% sure that Blizzcon 2013 will reveal the next expansion. In fact, it will not be the shortest peroid between release to announcement, as many believe it would be if something was announced this year. No. It would be the longest.

And just for some side information, NEXT will probably be released OCTOBER 2014.
    Of course they will. Why wouldn't they? They always release what the new expac will be every other year.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    I hope Diablo 3 will get some great expansion. The market for that type of game is there, D3 sold over 10 milion copies but they need to work on longevity, and some interesting end game. Farming Act 3 for some shitty drops (most of legendaries are just vendor trash) got old realy fast, but tbh I still like the game and going back from time to time.

about that new WoW expack - yeah I thought it was pretty obvious, they always announce it on Blizzcon, so why the hell wouldn't they this year?

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man can't wait to see what the expansion is called any then maybe they will release some info on "Titan".

Deleted
    I really really hope the next expansion will be a burning legion themed expansion, if not im probably gonna quit just because I want it so much.
    I mean they hype us so much, so many hints, it has to be burning crusade 2.0 !

Wrathion tells you the Burning Legion is on its way around the end of the first part of the legendary questline, it's pretty safe to assume it's the next expansion in the absence of any other hints.

And given that their faster-expansions goal will be targeting a Mar/Apr 2014 release, they'll probably try to beta testing ready to go DURING Blizzcon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno View Post
    My crazy theory is they are going to make battle.net become blizzard's steam. All your battle tag and real id friend chats are at that level, so it persists through switching games. Voice chat, blizzard store, forums, etc.
    Oh using bnet as a launch base for your friends and games and achievements is possible. But I would not compare it to Steam. That's like comparing Windows Media Player to iTunes.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Wrathion tells you the Burning Legion is on its way around the end of the first part of the legendary questline, it's pretty safe to assume it's the next expansion in the absence of any other hints.

And given that their faster-expansions goal will be targeting a Mar/Apr 2014 release, they'll probably try to beta testing ready to go DURING Blizzcon.
    Not happening. Why? Blizz can't keep the lid on that long without someone leaking.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

yeah yeah yeah we all know this BUT WHAT WILL THE MURLOC LOOK LIKE @_@

i mean if its a burning legion expansion does that mean it will be demony? but then how will they make it look different than murkablo? green? different texture? A REGULAR MURLOC WITH GREEN FLAMES? A DEMON HUNTER MURLOC!?!!>!>!

BUT WHAT IF IT ISNT THE BURNING LEGION @_@ WHAT IF ITS NAGA? a NON bipedal murloc? a murga if you will? @_@ WHAT IF ITS THE OLD GODS!?!?! MURGOTHOTH?

THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS AND FULL OF QUESTIONS @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if they only had a Blizzcon every 2 years now. I'd guess this years will be a WoW expansion, D3 expansion, and Titan.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    it has to be burning crusade 2.0 !
    oh god no! the burning crusade was the worst. i want burning legion too but i want it to make sense, i want the story to be GOOD i want the villains to be villains and i want there to be AS LITTLE RETCONS AS POSSIBLE @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I didn't realize people didn't expect the new expansion to be announced this year. We'll probably have the name for it through a Blizzard copyright sometime this summer, I expect. (And, for the record, I'm betting on a summer 2014 release)
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-02-06 at 05:59 AM.