Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Closed SRP] The Wheatfields

While the warfront has moved to the southern continent of Pandaria, trouble still brews for both the Alliance and the Horde. One of those troubles for Stormwind lies within Westfall, where rumor of a coven of warlocks has made a home near the farms where the majority of Stormwind's wheat is grown. Alliance command has issued a bounty for the head of their leader, a mysterious man who goes by the name "Delmhollow." Adventurers who wish to help cleanse the land of this coven should report to Duronos Ironhammer at the tower nearby Westbrook Garrison, in Elwynn Forest.

~~~

Duronos chewed on the inside of his cheek as he stood, leaning on his hammer, waiting for the adventurers to arrive. He took the time to think over what could happen in the mission... plenty of warlock-smashing, yes, but he could be killed along the way. The dwarf looked into the slightly cloudy sky and like every mission, prayed to the Light that he could see the snow-capped mountains of Khaz'modan once this was over, and, on a lighter note, that he could enjoy the wondrous assortment of ale Ironforge had to offer. He looked back down to earth and shifted a bit, his plate and chain armor tinkling as he did so. He had work to do, and thinking about home any longer would just make it harder.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faust glanced at the tower, "Must be the place..." He spoke aloud to himself. With his spear Long Arm wrapped up behind his back and what little coin he had left over from his gambling in the tavern last night he walked down the path to what he hoped would be a rewarding venture. He got to the door and dusted himself off. His armor was worn but still well kept. He had a five o'clock Shadow,but his medium length hair had a fresh fade. He took pride in his appearance and was often time more worried about it than being tactical.

He saw the dwarf inside the tower and smiled and waved big "A hoy!" He spoke in a little less than a yell. "You must be the boss man" he preceded to spit on the ground than try to sneakily kick some non existent dirt on it. "I will do woman and children...but it is going to cost you extra." Faust said grinning giving the dwarf a subtle nudge. "Oh I must have left my manners in Goldshire, the name is Faust."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan strolled down the main road of Elwynn Forest, a few wagons full of good passing by already. He let out a sigh as his bare arms dragged across the inside of his full length cloak while pulling out a copy of The Book of Lost Souls. It was his least favorite cloak but particularly useful for the upcoming terrain; his normal deep black with a rough deep wheat colors on the reverse. He flipped through his book while letting his feet follow the familiar path. So many runes, each one twisted from the arcane each a bit more disturbing than the last. The ending few pages holding the worst, I hope we won't find these, was his last thought as he closed the book a few minutes later. Stowing it away he studied the dwarf before him as he closed down on him. A former soldier perhaps...definitely many in his family....a devotee of the Light, not unsuspected, not a full plate set....a war hammer....interesting. I wonder what his favorite ale is..... He spared a moment over the young man that arrived already. Well kept.... was really his most prominent thought on the man. Not something most mercenaries worry about. Even Ryan was a bit dusty at the moment. He however did see the spear and his drilled training kicked in, a footman, and spoke to their leader first.

<"Hello noble paladin, are you Duronos Ironhammer?">, Ryan asked in Dwarven.
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2013-02-06 at 12:25 AM.

Duronos looked in the direction the greeting originated and gave a little wave as the man came up to the tower. The paladin grinned and lightly cuffed the energetic human in greeting. "Great to meetcha boy, I'm Duronos, and aye, I'm the leader of this little foray into Westfall. Welcome to the team. Duronos replied to the man's greeting, not at all perturbed by his rather macabre sense of humor.

Soon after, he heard another man approach, wearing a long cloak and reading a book. The man hailed him in dwarvish. Slightly surprised, he replied in the same tongue. <"Yes, I am. I'm willing to bet a good day's ale at the inn that you're here for our little hunting party, right?">

((By the way PK, I was outside the tower, hence why I looked up at the sky! :P ))

10+ Year Old Account
    <"Quite so Duronos. I am Ryan Tate. Alliance Intelligence. Can't say much more I'm afraid but to say the least secrets intrigue me and my book funding have been running low. So here I am chasing bounties. But do not misread my hatred for these foul people. I dare say it rivals even a holy man's such as yourself,"> he finished a quick breath. Dwarven was one of his first languages he learned and always prided himself on speaking as fast as a native.
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2013-02-06 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lou Shen, now in his old age looked upon the awe inspired crowd of children. His tales have been spreading not through only his words, but others as well. Hmph, warms my heart... The group was chattering before the pandaren, whispers of the next story, the tale of the Serpent's wall. Lou Shen lowered his head in thought from atop his seat, an ornamented chair. Sorry to disappoint you young ones, but other stories take precedence. He stood now, the crowd gone silent as the warrior rose in his old age. "Earlier, I told you of a time I aided members of the Horde and Alliance. Well, I must admit there were individual occasions." Young pandaren watched intently as Lou Shen began to pace before them. "I had told you the story of how I was removed from the Golden Lotus. Soon afterwards, I sought purpose among the realms beyond Pandaria. I had heard rumors told by the Alliance soldiers in the Jade forest that demon worshipers had taken residence in a place called Westfall." He reminisces to years before...

Lou Shen walked along the stone roads leading away from the city of Stormwind. He was intrigued as he tread the lush forest of Elwynn, it reminded the warrior of the home he had left across the sea. I may never go back... After about an hour of walking and taking in the sights, the young pandaren came across an imposing structure. It was grey, and made of crude slabs of rock prepared by chisels and hammers. Lou Shen recognized the architecture from the Alliance forts that were erected in the Jade Forest. It'll be the last building on the road to Westfall. You can't miss it! The warrior mused himself with the thought. Simply by wearing their badge, the Alliance doesn't question my allegiance. He paused, Then again, it's looking good for them so far. He pressed on towards the building and then inside. The guards directed the pandaren to Duronos Ironhammer. He noticed the dwarf was occupied tending to fellow mercenaries and decided to remain anonymous for the time being. I hope this will make a good story one day.

((I hope you don't mind but I was referencing his Bio with the children's story. I won't post too long of statements and this character will be simpler later on. Let me know if there are issues. :P))

((just please clearly denote what part is in the future and what part's present time and I think it'll be fine. It's certainly an interesting, ah, writing choice.))

Duronos frowned at the book as the human mentioned it. So that was why he felt a peculiar presence. And "Alliance Intelligence," huh? Duronos could tell an SI:7 agent when he saw one... He had been in the military long enough to get a feel for their type, but this man had his reasons to hide it. It wasn't his place to pry. His good mood soon returned and he replied to the human. <"Indeed. We'll have plenty of warlock heads to bash, eh?"> Said the paladin, chuckling. <"Your dwarvish is also quite good, by the way. You and I should go to this little inn I frequent in Ironforge, if we survive this little hike.">

He glanced to the side and noticed a pandaren, a rather rare sight in Elwynn. He seemed content to just loiter nearby, which was just fine by the dwarf. He was fairly casual about these sorts of things. He hoped that the pandaren was less shy when they were up to their waists in demon magic, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    <"Sounds delightful."> He noticed Duronos' eyes flicker to the side and did so himself. A Pandaren! Even with the recent discovery of their kind and land his duties kept him bound to the Eastern Kingdoms. His collection was horribly dry with only two Pandaren scrolls to help him learn the language. While The Song of the Yaungol and The Ballad of Liu Lang were fascinating stories they didn't serve well for learning the spoken language. <"Excuse me Duronos, I think I might see another helping hand."> Ryan turned from Duronos and Faust and waved a welcoming gesture to the Pandaren, <"Hello">, was the best he could muster for now in Pandaren and so continued in common, "Are you here for the warlock coven as well?"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    With all the dwarf talk going on Faust quickly lost focus, and thoughts began to wander. However when he heard Ryan speak in a foreign, even by Alliance standards, tongue he snapped back to reality and saw the Pandaren. "Well look what we have here..." Faust eyed the Pandaren up and down, and before to long was right in this face, and gave him two quick sniffs. He did a quick about face and walked back towards the group, "Hope he fights better than he smells, You two done speaking in your peoples tongue? I would very much like to join the conversation." Faust leaned up against the tower wall and began to hum an old lullaby, while waiting for further word from the party leader.

The trees of the lush Elwynn Forest passed beneath Nehlya, as she glided above them on the back of Azurewing, her dragonhawk. As the light hit the mount's brilliant blue feathers, it seemed to make it glow, the light bounding onto the armour clad High Elf upon its back. As it gracefully fluttered amongst the cool breeze and just beneath the hanging clouds, Nehlya gave a sharp tug on the reins, indicating that the creature was to descend towards a tower which could now be seen in the distance.

Slowly drifting towards the clearing before Westbrook Garrison, it reached ground level as the spellbreaker leapt off it. Her grace was evident, even beneath her glistening plate and pristine robes. Collecting her armaments from her trusty companion, she bound the glaive to her waist and attached her shield to her back. Snapping her fingers, the dragonhawk shot upwards with a sudden flap of its wings, as it disappeared into the low-lying clouds. Turning, she noticed the peculiar arrangement of individuals before the tower where she was informed that they were to meet. Approaching them, she gave a slight bow, before standing upright, with slight elegance.

"Nehlya Dawnsworn, at your service. I am here on behalf of the Kirin Tor and Silver Covenant. I hear that you are having troubles with a coven of warlocks?", she spoke, in her sweet melodic tone.

An elderly dwarf rode on his way to Westfall on a ram that was also past its prime. A curved wooden pipe with a ceramic pot dangled from the mouth of the old dwarf. He was wearing a very light chainmail vest, with weather beaten leather clothing and above all a grey coat. From a quick glance one could see that the dwarf was heavily armed. If one counted exact, 5 flintlock pistols were secured in leather belts and holsters on his body. A huge hunting rifle, bearing the star of the Argent Dawn in a bajonettish fashion was jumping up and down on his back due to the bumpy ride. As he entered Westbrook Garison, he already saw a group of people gathered. He dismounted and slowly walked over towards them, packing the tabacco is his pipe tigther with an iron stamp.

((I'm here, I'm just rather swamped at work atm.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Tate approached Lou Shen seemingly nervous in a way. The Pandaren looked intently as the human asked, "Are you here for the warlock coven as well?" Perhaps he doesn't think I know his tongue... He recognized the man's tone, as if he were talking to a ghost. Many of the Alliance marines Lou Shen had encountered offered the same curiosity. Are the Pandaren stupid? He paused as Ryan finished his statement and allowed a small window of silence. Then again, he's just trying to be polite. The warrior extended his hand in as he understood it a sign of friendship, "I am called Lou Shen, former warrior of the Lotus. And yes, I come to slay the demon loving bastards." He felt his demeanor was direct and hopefully somewhat imposing. Best to make an impression now.

((Ooh, Silver Covenant... Maybe I should make a Sunreaver lol. It'd be scandalous :P))
    Last edited by Darced; 2013-02-06 at 12:56 PM.

A pair of newcomers appeared. The first, and most noticeable, was an almost shiny high elf, dressed in plate armor with robes underneath. Duronos wasn't particularly impressed by the... flamboyant entrance, but the lass was well armed and appeared to have the mark of a spellbreaker, a powerful ally to have on a mission such as this. The other was a dwarf moving with the deliberance of old age. His armor matched his movement: it appeared weathered, but durable. His weapons were many, and the paladin could tell that this was a warrior worth having on this trip.

As the old dwarf was taking his time, Duronos addressed the elf, who had introduced herself first. "Aye, lass, that we are. Th' name's Duronos Ironhammer. Would I be right in saying that you're one of them spellbreakers?"

Taking her glaive in hand, she swung it in an arcing motion before her, as she plunged it into the earth upon which they stood. Arcane sparks shot outwards from the impact spot, as she then leaned forward, using the flat end of it as a rest. Looking down at the dwarf that addressed her, she eyed the individual up and down, before gracing him with a subtle smile.

"Yes, dwarf. One of the few remaining of our now dying order.".

"That's a mixed blessing," said the dwarf, in a somber tone, "It is good that you are a spellbreaker, we'll surely need yer skills, but it is a shame that your order is dying off. It is a pity that many of your people took to demon energy as a source of power during your trouble times."

Erdin had walked up to the rest of the group by now. He silently listened to the conversation and checked his guns in the meantime. He looked for his gunpowder horn and the satchel off bullets. The round ones for his flintlocks were stored there. The way more elaborate shell ones were securely sitting in his belt. He also schortly took a grip of his blacksmith hammers handle. He relaxed visibly and took a deep drag of his pipe. A thick cloud of smoke blew out of his nostrils and slowly rose in the center of the group.

"Eldin Graybeard. Dwarven marksman at your service."

"What has transpired cannot be undone. Let us only go forward, and try to pave a future for us all.", she responded in turn, a solemn look upon her face.

As another dwarf had approached their group, she lifted her glaive once more and attached it to her girdle, regaining her upright posture. As Eldin puffed smoke into the midst of them, she waved her hand to disperse that which was around her, looking down upon the marksman with a scornful look. She did not like this one's lack of manners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vetreth pulled his cloak tightly around him as he hobbled down the well worn path that served as the main road through Elwynn Forest and connected the southern human territories together. It had been several years since he'd last been to Westfall but he still felt he owed it something. He lent heavily on his stick. The bitter cold of the Azeroth winter awoke one of the old wounds he'd suffered along this path long ago.

After a few hours he could just see the guard's tower on the edge of the forest just before the border between Elwynn and Westfall. He allowed himself a small smile. The memories were flooding back. He'd have to be a touch wary of allowing himself to become too sentimental though, he was here to do a job and it wouldn't be doing anyone any favours by spending too much of his time in the past.

Finally he reached the tower and was surprised to see quite a group had already gathered there. He hadn't realised that this many people were bothered enough about the land to sort out such a relatively minor problem. He held the thought. It's all about the war effort he thought bitterly to himself. [color=brown]None of these would gave a damn about Westfall before the war broke out. He stood still for a moment, a pang of guilt hit his stomach. For that matter neither did I.

He reached the dwarf. "Duronos Ironhammer?" he asked gruffly.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faust was surprised at the turn out for the event, maybe there was something he didn't know. He breathed a deep sigh and said "We going to relive the grand heritage of our ancient order" while staring at the elf, obviously hinting at her. "Or are we going to..." The new comer just joining the group got the best of his short attention span. "Wonderful! Another blok to split the spoils with." He kicked up Long arm and did a quick twirl before sticking it in the ground. "Now...what was I saying?"

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Darced, sorry I guess that was my bad but I was trying to convey excitement there. You would be literally one of the maybe dozen he has met and only the "hello" was in pandaren the rest was in common.))

"Very good. I hope once we are concluded here I could invite you for a drink. If you'll indulge an older man his curiosities. Don't have the same luxuries of traveling to far away places as I used too." Ryan kept an eye on the rest as they arrived. A spellbreaker, he made a note to keep an eye on. A rifleman, 5 pistols and a ornate rifle and another servant of the Light. And a warrior...no....a war hero Vetreth Morrowdawn. This was turning out to be quite the party.