Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ((Actually Maddy I was lying in wait hidden on a rooftop not far away =P))

Ryan watched as the grown men and women turned on the children. Not the first time they had hidden in plain sight but how did they avoid detection? No time to wonder about whys though. He sized up the situation and concluded they didn't need him. He weighed the lives of his new companions and the children they protected. War veterans and trained soldiers, capable magi, devote men of the light, they could handle these pitiful excuses for warlocks with ease. He leapt over the top of the roof and half slid half ran down the front. Children who suffer such a violent experience fall into two sides, the weak and the strong. Ryan didn't need the weak and the strong wouldn't need him. He dashed towards a pack of three warlocks rushing to Lous Shen. No but what he did need and what his group did need was information. That Ryan could get. The rest were too busy with hatreds, glory, or the drive to protect the innocent to see the larger picture. He seized a black ball, about the size of an egg, from his back left pouch and drew two throwing daggers from the front of his. His sprint went unnoticed by his targets. Why the children? He slung the black ball a few feet ahead of the group and as it burst on the ground an immense cloud of green smoke consumed them. Coughing and staggering the front two fell out of it the cloud as Ryan darted into the back of it, flinging the two daggers. A satisfying thud sounded out and the last warlock fell to the ground as well, still within the cloud. Ryan struck the man on his head, knocking him out.

He lugged the man to the nearest house and began to tie him up.

((oh also forgot to note this but the cloud will linger for a few more seconds. About half a minute and is not poisonous.))
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2013-02-12 at 10:52 PM.

There were only a couple left, and they were all on Lou Shen, who went down with severe burns from fel fire. "Lou Shen!" shouted the paladin in worry, as he once more took out his shield and charged the warlocks. Equipped with a much smaller flanged mace, as opposed to his maul, he raised his shield as he was besieged by fire. Some sparks of fel flame got past the shield, but nothing that dangerous. The heat, however, was beginning to border on painful. He had to end it quick. Reaching the warlocks, he slammed his shield into the closest one, who buckled over, wheezing as the air was knocked out of him.

The dwarf twisted, and let his momentum bring his mace across the other warlock's face, hitting it with a satisfying crunch. Then things got hot again. The warlock on the ground spat out a quick curse and the back of Duronos' armor caught aflame. Howling in pain, the paladin worked through it and brought his mace down upon the spellcaster, ending his miserable existence. He then quickly dived onto the ground and began to roll about in the grass, to douse the flames. When he was in the clear, he got back up, and checked his beard. His heart soared as he was unable to find a single singed hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    The warlocks had been defeated and Lou Shen's companions had done an expert job in taking them down. Lou Shen heard as Duronos Ironhammer screamed his name and the warrior peered from the dirt road. He couldn't move, not because of pain, there was none. He chuckled hoarsely as the thought of his brew engulfed his mind. The pain may have subsided for now, but it will come in greater force soon enough. He layed flat on the ground, his legs extended and arms held underneath him, grasping at the singed flesh that covered his stomach. He dared not look, lest the children see and the others begin to doubt him. The mission has only begun and I'm already gravely wounded... He struggled to lift himself and inspect the wound. Lou Shen smirked, Well, I won't die at least. Again he looked up from his landing, "Some-one... get... me some of my brew." He sighed as it was apparent he was in bad condition, "I'm thirsty."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan made a mental sigh as Lou Shen was obviously going to be a determinate to the rest of the mission. However he finished tying up the warlocks hands tightly in a ball to prevent any movement. Lifted him, pulled out a thicker rope from his back middle pouch and in three lengths tied the warlock against one of the support poles on the porch of the empty house. Despite the knot forming on the man's head already, Ryan pulled a vial of silver-ish liquid from his back right pouch and tipped a small portion of it into the man's mouth; forcing him to swallow it. A mind-clouding poison of his own brew. A mixture of the normal sedatives, other assassins might use, and his own choice selections of goldclover to add a hypnotic effect. He called it a poison of factualism. Ryan ignored his surroundings and focused on the now secured man. Cuts....dagger not scythe.....old scars....magic work....not traditional medicine typically of this area....clothing is ragged and used....but not tailored to him...it hangs too loose in all the wrong places to be usable second-hands. No this is not the farmer these clothes and fields belonged too. An impostor, but not for too long. He cautiously searched the belt and few pockets on the man. Another dagger...Not enchanted....a key?....interesting... Two long ridges and a short one. A fairly simple key, at least to Ryan. A few scuffs....Whatever it is used for it hasn't been used often. Quite a number of questions boggled Ryan's mind as he started trying to fit the puzzle of this coven together. He doubted this man knew a quarter of them but for now he would do. "When you all are done tending to your wounds or reloading please come here as I don't wish to labor this on." He shifted his cloak so it flowed seamlessly around him instead of the disheveled state it was in from the encounter and pulled down his hood and face-mask. "Actually Duronos and Eldin please stay behind this man and no one mention the Light. If he goes into a rage we most likely won't get anything out of him." Still focused on the warlock Ryan simply stood and stared at him waiting for him to wake.

((and yes for those wondering I am basing this on sodium pentothal, aka truth serum))
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2013-02-13 at 03:27 AM.

Wile Vetreth shot one of the warlocks, the other was to close on Erdin for comfort. But the fool tried to stab the sharpshooter. Elden flicked the still empty barresls upward, arresting them in their proper place.
    "Here goes my point of aim" "Hyarr!"
    The marksman stabbed upwards with his longbarrel's bayonette, piercing the warlocks gut, upwards into the ribcage. He yanked his weapon sideways and the warlock tumbled and fell over. The marksman ripped the blade out and stabbed the caster again into the chest. As he looked around he realized that the threat was vanquished now. "This is great just great. No more shots at proper distance for me" out of frustration, the dwarf stabbed the body a third time. "And now I can't even smoke since I still have to reload my guns. gah." Erdin started to draw his flintlocks one after the other and started reloading them with his powder horn and pouch of lead bullets. He casually walked towards the center of town, to meet with the others. As Ryan adressed him, he just gave the human a stern nod. Then, the dwarf started to pack his pipe and his facial expression lightened up visibly.

Duronos gingerly walked behind the warlock, and began to tend to his wounds... there wasn't much, but his skin was damaged from the heat of the fire. Rather than using his power to heal himself, he took off his plate spaulders and his mail jacket and began to apply a thick salve to the parts of his back which were hit by the fire. He was feeling better already.

The warlock on the other hand woke up groggy and in a dull pain. The potion had done its work, though he didn't know it yet. He tried to move, but he was restrained. This registered in his mind, but it didn't really freak him out. Weird. He looked around, and there was a group of people. "Oh, it's you guys... what do you want?" Asked the warlock, his voice quiet and distant, as if he was talking in his sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan contemplated for a moment before the warlock woke about how to approach this subject. He didn't know how deep this devotion went, or whether this slaughter was planned or an accident. He didn't know enough to play on the fears of this man or even his hopes. Ryan could only haphazard a guess that this man was fearful of Arcadius Delmhollow. In his experience weaker men sought pacts with demons and weaker men are always afraid of their masters, but he had to tread lightly. If he pushed too hard to fast the worse effects of his poison might render the man useless. Ryan deepened his voice slightly and spoke in a stern manner, "Master Delmhollow wishes to know how your duties are coming along. What have you accomplished?"

Circling around the group, Nehlya took place directly beside the warlock. Holding her glaive in hand, she held one of its tips at the side of the throat of the warlock. It was far and to the side enough for him not to notice it, but close enough so that one quick swipe would end his twisted existence.

"Just encase.", she muttered lowly.

The warlock was about to protest, but his head was so foggy... was this man with his Lord? He sounded like it. It was so hard to think. It took him a while to respond, but eventually he gave an answer, thinking that this man was trustworthy... he knew Delmhollow's name, after all. "We... we have done as he instructed. We killed all of the villagers and pretended to be survivors, as lookouts." said the man, grinning in his stupor.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ((Sorry was absent for a few days, had a couple things come up irl))

Now in the room with the other it took every drop of his self control to not smash the warlocks teeth in. "Sick bastards..." he spit than walked off to see how Lou was doing. He walked over and extended him a flask,"not as good as your stuff, but free none the less."

10+ Year Old Account
    Continuing in the same tone, "Good. He will be pleased." Ryan ignored Faust. "The master has decided to move plans faster than expected. It may be time to move on. That is why I am here. Do you remember where you are to go next?"

Erdin listened closely to the warlock, and prayed to the light that they would finally get some kind of tactical advantage out of this. Meanwhile he dragged on his pipe and let out the smoke of his nostrils.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lou Shen now drank from the thief's present and smirked. "Thank you thief. I will remember this kindness." He looked again to his stomach, some minor burns, nothing to worry about. The pandaren felt hands on the back of his neck and the hairs stood as uncertainty fell over him. "Thank you sir." The children were hugging him. He stood quickly, unused to the affection. "Let's meet up with the others. I sense odd magic at work in our favor." said Lou Shen as he noticed the interrogation in town. He motioned for thief and the children to follow. "We still have some business to take care of." I still don't know the true intentions of these children.

((I guess I'll assume the children's roles are innocent bystanders for now. But I feel that's something we need to address.))

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "You good to walk big guy? Took a couple good licks back there."Faust screwed the lid back on his flask, and followed behind Lou. He saw Lou eyeing the children in a suspicious manner. He couldn't think...

Nehlya was growing more impatient by the second. She was prone to impulse, and could not hold back her frustration at this "interrogation".

"It'll be faster if we slit his throat and tear this town apart. We are wasting time!", she growled at Ryan, her glaive shifting ever closer to the warlock's bare neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Your portrait is perfect for that statement. Hermione: ??? Nehlya: "Destroy!"))

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faust approached and heard the rash statement by Nehlya,"​Well that escalated quickly, I like where your head is at though" He went to take another poke from his flask, only to be met with disappointment. Empty...sigh. " Judging by the elves tone of voice I assume not much head way has been made with the prisoner" Faust cracked his knuckles and smirk "Do you need a more subtle touch"

((Sorry for the lack of update yesterday guys. Guess who had the stomach flu / moderate pain in his back? ))

The warlock's brow furrowed as he tried to think.. it was so hard to think... but then, a voice from his side said something about tearing out his throat. Even in his current state, he wasn't stupid. She didn't sound like an ally, and if she wasn't an ally... then neither was this man... but if he wasn't an ally, why would he try and sound like one... and all of Delmhollow's minions knew the next phase... so why was he asking... unless he DIDN'T know and therefore he WASN'T an ally.

"I... I see through your guise! To the nether with you!" shouted the warlock. Quickly spitting out a brief phrase in Eredun, he intended to cast a spell that would incinerate the entire building, but due to his drugged state, all he could manage was a small explosion around him, of which only Nehlya and Ryan were in range.

As the warlock began to shout, Nehlya made a quick sweep, and her glaive slid across his throat, ending him swiftly. Yet the words still left his lips.. as his spell erupted around him. Although the spellbreaker was equipped with wards to deal with spells and magic, she still was thrown against a nearby wall. Her gaze was blurry for a few minutes, but calming herself greatly helped with clearing her vision, as she dusted off the cinders that clung to the cloth sections of her armour. But her tranquil state was short lived.

Looking upon the charred remains of what was once a warlock, she approached the corpse, bringing her metal boot swiftly down upon his still ignited head, stomping out what remained of him. Turning around, she looked to the others.

"You see now? These.. vermin cannot be reasoned with. They must be culled. And that it what I intend to do. I will tear this town to its very foundations to find Delmhollow, and I will have that fel-sucking runt's head!", she shrieked, collecting her dropped weapon and storming out of the confined area.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The explosion caught Faust off guard but he was within safe distance. "Shit..." Faust darted to Nehlya and Ryan, and began assessing their wounds instantly. Although he was young he wasn't a stranger to the wounded. ​A martyr, I have a feeling this runs deeper then we were led to believe...but what was he hiding.