Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Replace Stampede with something better

I feel like in pvp this talent is annoying and a 5 minute cd is no where near fun or thrilling. Even in raiding it's just an annoying button to press.

I feel like they should give us a passive damage mitigation as our 87 talent (Aspect of the iron hawk)
    And replace Iron hawk with something else.

Considering the only time you don't take Iron hawk is if your running double dps in 2's.

Roar of sacrifice isn't even that great anymore considering you still take large amounts of damage through it and it damages your pet which is also always dying due to the amount of passive aoe in attacks right now from certain classes such as locks dks warriors etc.

What do you think?

P.S. at least buff chimera/aimed shot damage against players if your worrying about it affecting pve. (maybe in a set bonus) Because bm is pretty brainless and boring.
    Last edited by Principe; 2013-02-06 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally really like Stampede and BM, so I vote no.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Er, what? You basically say, nerf BM and SV in PvE, and compensate by buffing MM in PvP. That makes no sense.
    Stampede is a fun skill that many hunters have been wanting for ages. It's our biggest long DPS cooldown.
    I could say remove Rapid Fire, since it's pretty boring for all except MM...but no, I won't.
    Old Gods made me do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Er, what? You basically say, nerf BM and SV in PvE, and compensate by buffing MM in PvP. That makes no sense.
    Stampede is a fun skill that many hunters have been wanting for ages. It's our biggest long DPS cooldown.
    I could say remove Rapid Fire, since it's pretty boring for all except MM...but no, I won't.
    Sorry I guess I dont see anything riveting about a 5 min cd that calls a bunch of pets to auto attack for 20 seconds.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    Sorry I guess I dont see anything riveting about a 5 min cd that calls a bunch of pets to auto attack for 20 seconds.
    What cooldown is fun then?
    For example, how is shooting faster on 3 min cooldown any more fun?
    Old Gods made me do it.

I refuse to use stampede because it's obviously a BM hunter talent gone wrong. Still top dps without it so just swap out aspect if the iron hawk with stampede in the talents or better yet design a skill that morphs depending on which spec you're in.

Stampade is a proof that Blizzard sometimes listen to the players. You know, there was a lot of voice about bringing up an ability that swarms the enemy with your stabled pets. And you know what? They did it.

It's indeed more fun ability than damaging one -pretty much your pet does 2x damage for a short period of time. But why remove it?

Stampede is pretty awesome and made even more awesome with the fact that you can use a glyph to summon a whole hoard of identical pets if you wanted. Or you could have a themed stable full of birds and dragonhawks or something.

Or if you want to piss off the entire raid, summon 5 hyenas. FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Or if you want to piss off the entire raid, summon 5 hyenas. FUN
    Every night!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it was a fun ability at first for me.

I just feel like our 87 talent could be a little more useful I guess.

Deleted
    I like it. It is refreshing and unique. However it could be revamped to just be a talent for BM. That would make sense.

BM: summon more pets (stampede as we know it)
    MM: shoot more arrows for x-amount of time or you equip a super-celestial-speciel bow that does some crazy thing for x-amount of time
    SV: shit some magic out of the bow or get a new trap that does something cool

So basicly, you completly disregard the fact that a stampede can bring all buffs you want, in a PvP enviroment? You just see them as a bunch of autoattacking pets?
    Let's assume your main pet is a spider, or crab or something, for PvP purposes. Now you have 4 slots left, which can fill any of the below buffs that will benefit you during your burst:

-Melee haste.
    -Crit.
    -Mastery.
    -%stats.
    -Physical dmg debuff.
    -Magical dmg debuff.
    -Another CC (Pin, web, etc).

And probably others I've forgotten. Even if the pets weren't damaging, getting more debuffs/buffs for 1-2 minutes is a significant burst increase that you don't even consider. It's like a hunters own stormlash totem, really.

This is what makes sense. Stampede works phenomenal for BM because they get bonus pet dmg as a mastery and it can procs their bonus focus gain. Whereas for MM and survival we're stuck with pets that don't do anything special and can actually lower dps rather than improve it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pet dying? Cast mend pet. Also, pets take reduced aoe damage... like 90%, so they really shouldn't be dying. Also, stampede is a pretty sick cooldown. It's a lot of damage.
    If you want BM to be less brainless, that's a rotation thing, not a cooldown thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Pet dying? Cast mend pet. Also, pets take reduced aoe damage... like 90%, so they really shouldn't be dying. Also, stampede is a pretty sick cooldown. It's a lot of damage.
    If you want BM to be less brainless, that's a rotation thing, not a cooldown thing.
    The aoe damage is automatic dots that pretty much every class but hunters seem to have. If a DK is attking you then your pet is automatically going to start dieing due to disease. It's a pain having to cast mend pet just because DK's are too lazy to be required to manually apply dots. They even last for 30 seconds, an auto dot that lasts 30 seconds is such a lazy design.

Quote Originally Posted by redrobin3 View Post
    The aoe damage is automatic dots that pretty much every class but hunters seem to have. If a DK is attking you then your pet is automatically going to start dieing due to disease. It's a pain having to cast mend pet just because DK's are too lazy to be required to manually apply dots. They even last for 30 seconds, an auto dot that lasts 30 seconds is such a lazy design.
    Howling Blast has been in since Wrath and it has always applied Frost Fever, also Talent T15 for DKs is all about their DoTs.

make stampede go passive when the hunter uses deterrence.

problem solved.

Deleted
    Whereas for MM and survival we're stuck with pets that don't do anything special and can actually lower dps rather than improve it.
    You've got to be kidding me.

Fun fact applying dots with a ability(HB)= manualy applying dots. Passivly applying them would mean that they came from auto atacks.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd support it if Stampede could be replaced/glyphed with another murder of crows on a separate cooldown.