Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Challenge Mode Armor: I'am disappoint. Bug?

Finally got my Gold-Runs finished today, but after transmogging the Set i was kinda let down. I specifically wanted it for
    the cool stealthy Smoke-Clouds, but i had to realizie: the animation is Mutilate only. Dafuq?

Im a hardcore Subtlety-Player and rolling Assa is not an option...and i think its ridicilous that they made that Effect
    for one Attack from one Spec only.

My Guts tell me that this has to be a bug, but maybe someone can confirm/deny?

Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Finally got my Gold-Runs finished today, but after transmogging the Set i was kinda let down. I specifically wanted it for
    the cool stealthy Smoke-Clouds, but i had to realizie: the animation is Mutilate only. Dafuq?

Im a hardcore Subtlety-Player and rolling Assa is not an option...and i think its ridicilous that they made that Effect
    for one Attack from one Spec only.

My Guts tell me that this has to be a bug, but maybe someone can confirm/deny?
    Far as I know it's muti only. Dont know why they couldn't have done it for SS as well at least, they probably forgot about that.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    just be glad your cool animation isn't tied up only into your /roar animation. thanks Blizzard, signed a Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    just be glad your cool animation isn't tied up only into your /roar animation. thanks Blizzard, signed a Warlock.
    It is. The main animation is the fiery dragon breath out of the shoulder guard, and triggers with roar. the smoke-cloud is the equivalent to your "intense fel-energy" stuff you got going on. Just imagine it would only function with chaos bolt.

thanks.

I'd just like an animation

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case can't you make a macro with /roar and /cast shadow bolt (that's an example)?

Wouldn't that make the wings appear but the roar animation will be interrupted by the cast shadow bolt animation, so you will have wings while casting shadow bolt?

I hate the shoulders tbh. If i get to have that set (very unlikely) i wount use them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

be glad you have a nice transmog set...

my mage is not happy looking like a damm wizard of oz!

ill trade the mage set for that sexy warlock set any day.

also you guys remember the previews of those gold challange sets?
    i recall there beeing 3 collors for the paladin set. i loved the red set. yet it's not ingame?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I hate the shoulders tbh. If i get to have that set (very unlikely) i wount use them.
    I know, I love the animation though and I think that's tied to the shoulders such a dilemma.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    Don't use it then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    In that case can't you make a macro with /roar and /cast shadow bolt (that's an example)?

Wouldn't that make the wings appear but the roar animation will be interrupted by the cast shadow bolt animation, so you will have wings while casting shadow bolt?
    You can't have been thinking for a long time on this. Really, even if it worked, can you even begin to imagine how annoying the spam would be? It would probably get him reported more than once, probably eventually leading to a temporary ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I kinda like them. they are one of the few who don't look bad on trolls. i'm not into the /roar thing too much, though.

I farmed that Set specifically for the Smoke-Proc and now i mogged it and all i can think is: zero animations? wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    ill trade the mage set for that sexy warlock set any day.
    Hm...to each his own, I guess.
    Personally, I think the mage set is hands down by FAR the best looking challenge set, whilst - in my opinion - the warlock set looks really ugly.

Deleted
    I find the challenge mode set spectacularly good looking and enjoy the mutilate effect. Was a little disappointing when I learned the smoke only occurred in 1 out of 3 specs, but you never notice it in combat anyway, and with /roar attached to all of my cooldowns I feel sufficiently compensated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    I find the challenge mode set spectacularly good looking and enjoy the mutilate effect. Was a little disappointing when I learned the smoke only occurred in 1 out of 3 specs, but you never notice it in combat anyway, and with /roar attached to all of my cooldowns I feel sufficiently compensated.
    You would notice it instantly if you farmed the Set specifically for this effect .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    You would notice it instantly if you farmed the Set specifically for this effect .
    That is true, but I think you'll find - just as I did - that even if the effect was universal you'd soon stop noticing it. There are just too many flashy effects in any group environment to make a subtle smoke effect stand out.

Deleted
    I sent in a ticket to Blizzard back in 2012 and after getting past all the crap with them (Delete Cache/WTF folders), they finally admitted that it's a "technical" bug and they can't just fix it, but there will be a "future" update and we'll know about it. Something to do with them having to fully re-make the gear again to work with other abilities. I also farmed just for the smoke-like effect and was epicly let down.

The monk set has nothing, get in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    The monk set has nothing, get in line.
    True, but you have fun gameplay mechanics and visuals. We can turn purple-black every 2 mins or so and that's about it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Have you checked out the shammy set? Blech.

I would love to run my rogue through more challenge modes but sadly he's always passed up for my shammy. Hero wins over shroud when you can just use invis pots instead and tbh, my shammy does more dps than my rogue in normalized gear. Oh goddess of scaling, you truly are a cruel bitch in challenge modes!