Tera online temps outrageous

I just downloaded tera again since it went f2p. My temps are at around 90-93c while just playing for about 5 minutes. I'm playing on a laptop with a gtx 560m card. I know the card max temp is 95c so i'm basically on the line. I turned all the graphic settings down in tera and still its reaching those temps.

Anyone know anything else or any settings I might of missed to lower these temps because this game is amazing and sucks to not be able to play it. When I play WoW I get to a max 83-86c playing for 2 hours+.

Have you tried V-sync?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I have the same issue, and yes, I've disabled V-Sync

Quote Originally Posted by Clampz View Post
    I have the same issue, and yes, I've disabled V-Sync
    If anything you should enable it to limit the usage of the GPU, though that only works if you have over 60FPS to start with (assuming you are using a 60Hz monitor).
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Basically what n0cturnal said, if you don't have vsync enabled and your computer is capable of running over 60 FPS, you're basically overworking the GPU causing it to generate excess heat. You could also try turning shadows and light enrichment down to 1 instead of 2 (2 will automatically turn in-game antialiasing on) because I've found that shadows and anti-aliasing will also substantially increase GPU temp.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Have you tried V-sync?
    I have not tried that yet. I'll try it now and see if it solves the problem.

Edit: Turned v-sync on through nvidia control manager and still temps reach 90-93c.
    Last edited by Anntoeknee; 2013-02-06 at 02:39 AM.

Clean out your notebook's radiators with canned air. Majority of notebook heat issues are due to people never cleaning them.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    notebooks don't get the best heat evacuation, the air channels can get pretty clogged up if you have a pet, are a smoker, or if you've just owned it for a while, I'd recommend getting a can of duster in there to blow out what you can and then keep the note book on a surface that can dissipate heat quickly, aluminum is best but any metal is better than wood and wood is better than fabric and a table is better than your lap.

Thanks for the info, but my pc is not anywhere close to 60FPS right now, my temps are probably just high because I'm using a paperweight to play the game lol

Deleted
    Try disabling Turbo Boost either from BIOS or by setting Maximum Processor State to 99% from the Power Options. My notebook tends to overheat pretty bad while playing games and this is the only solution to my problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    any metal is better than wood and wood is better than fabric and a table is better than your lap.

And your lap is better than a bed... A bed is better than resting it on the cat.

^^ if you're comfortable you can usually take the bottom panel off a laptop and spray compressed air at it... Additionally you should also be able to get a good laptop stand with fans for around £15/$25

Well what I decided to do was redo my thermal paste and ill wait until tomorrow to buy an air can. Ill just let the laptop stay on overnight to settle the paste a little longer and test it tomorrow. When I did redo the paste my fans did look pretty dirty so hopefully doing these two things will help. Not sure if it'll drop the temps 6-8c where ill feel more comfortable with the temps. Hopefully it helps it a little.

After redoing the thermal paste temps were still stuck at 90-93c but then after I cleaned both of my fans temps dropped down to 72-79c. Man my fans must've been crazy dirty lol. The results were huge. Thanks to everyone that replied to the thread trying to help me.