Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cutting Edge / Ahead of the Curve FOS

So they changed the achievements and here's my doubt - will the Cutting Edge feat be available even after 5.2 releases and we can pretty much outgear it by quite sizable margin? Cos this FOS wont make any sense if true.

Right now they changed pre-5.2 achievements to defeating normal mode bosses, while heroic bosses are still Cutting Edge but in live game they say about the buff deactivated. While they ARE adding the buff for 5.2 there, now i'm really confused. Will there be cutting edge achievements for 5.0 raids in 5.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    what part of "before the discovery of Throne of Thunders" did you misunderstand?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

No, all the achievements state "before the discovery of the throne of thunder" aka when 5.2 comes out. There are new achievements for normal mode, but they will only be awarded when 5.2 comes out, not available afterwards.

No the achievements now state beating 'end boss' on heroic prior to 5.2 release, not prior to nerf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    what part of "before the discovery of Throne of Thunders" did you misunderstand?
    ^^ reading is hard

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the current cutting edge achievements will stay, and will still be obtainable but if you have defeated them prior to 5.2 you will also get ahead of the curve

Quoting blue on MMOC front page:

•When Patch 5.2 goes live, all players who have defeated Will of the Emperor, Grand Empress Shek’zeer, and/or Sha of Fear prior to the release of Patch 5.2 will receive a Feat of Strength to mark their accomplishments. The Feats of Strength will be: “Ahead of the Curve: (Will of the Emperor, Grand Empress Shek’zeer, Sha of Fear)” for players that have defeated them on Normal difficulty and “Cutting Edge: (Will of the Emperor, Grand Empress Shek’zeer, Sha of Fear)” for players that have defeated them on Heroic difficulty. Once 5.2 is released, these Feats of Strength will no longer be obtainable.
    That clear enough? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    Seriously..../thread
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Neither set of achieves will be obtainable ever again after 5.2. One set is for clearing the instances on normal before 5.2, the other is for clearing the instances on heroic before 5.2.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    id rather they stop handing everything on a plate to people, while giving a band aid achievement to people who actually did the hard work ..

"seeing content " etc > go do LFR

HCs are supposed to be hard, why the fuck nerf them. If your hitting a brick wall, optimise yourself / your group

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    id rather they stop handing everything on a plate to people, while giving a band aid achievement to people who actually did the hard work ..

"seeing content " etc > go do LFR

HCs are supposed to be hard, why the fuck nerf them. If your hitting a brick wall, optimise yourself / your group
    Please stop spouting this shit in every thread you fall into. Old raids are trivialised by new gear. 10% nerf hardly matters since people will be massively more powerful anyway. You keep missing relatively simple points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Please stop spouting this shit in every thread you fall into. Old raids are trivialised by new gear. 10% nerf hardly matters since people will be massively more powerful anyway. You keep missing relatively simple points.
    Yea, you're right. I would agree with Eiffeltower if we were talking about blanket-nerfing heroic content while it was current (like firelands and DS). But if they nerf it after a new patch it's incredibly unnecessary due to the new gear, but i still don't really mind. Good for the people who struggle with old content i suppose. (No offense intended)

But yet bad players still had problems with sinestra until they were in DS gear. I fully agree though if players are too stupid to optimize they don't deserve heroic achievements at all. Its a case of LFR heroes wanting heroic modes handed to them too.

unfortunately all these FOS's will do is keep people that stated late and alts from puging in 5.2 as i gauntee you EVERY pug leader will want 1 or all of these FOS's from either normal or heroic

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    unfortunately all these FOS's will do is keep people that stated late and alts from puging in 5.2 as i gauntee you EVERY pug leader will want 1 or all of these FOS's from either normal or heroic
    I don't see how a FoS for a previous tier will dictate your ability to get into a raid for the current tier. In all the time I've been raiding I've never seen people wanting you to link something like a BWD/BoT clear to get into a group for FL. I can see how it might help if you are *applying* to a raid team, especially a more hardcore or progression-oriented team, but not for a pug.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I don't see how a FoS for a previous tier will dictate your ability to get into a raid for the current tier. In all the time I've been raiding I've never seen people wanting you to link something like a BWD/BoT clear to get into a group for FL. I can see how it might help if you are *applying* to a raid team, especially a more hardcore or progression-oriented team, but not for a pug.
    I think it's the fos is a really easy way to tell if someone has been capable of clearing the content. If they couldn't manage 16/16 normal until 5.2 comes out then some people, such as thunder, might not want to consider them.

I like that they changed it. Before people could go back with T16 gear and turn the buff off and get the FoS. Now it will be only for people who really earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I like that they changed it. Before people could go back with T16 gear and turn the buff off and get the FoS. Now it will be only for people who really earned it.
    Ye and then u can trully feel like u acheieved something not liek this scrubs who didnt get it - or didnt bother enough to buy HC boost -_-

The thing is - noone will even remotly care about those FoS like noone cares about other ones -_-

Deleted
    Define spouting?
    I replied in this thread +1. am hardly the evil spammer you try to make ne sound like!
    So to you my good sir, why are you butt hurt? I am merely making the same point blizzz made: heroics are heroics and should be hard. The plain concept of nerfing à heroic hors against the idea of heroic.

There is already à natudal nerf with the fact ppl willhave better gear, so adding 10% on bosses is more like20% nerf of "heroic" content.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Ye and then u can trully feel like u acheieved something not liek this scrubs who didnt get it - or didnt bother enough to buy HC boost -_-

The thing is - noone will even remotly care about those FoS like noone cares about other ones -_-
    Wait are you saying I bought a heroic boost?