Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Vyxn... then show me exactly where it says he CANT do it... go ahead smart guy... Teach us... show us in the USC where it says he cant...

And to call me a liberal is clear and present evidence that you have no utter clue what you are talking about. Some here would accuse me of being to the far right of Attilla the Hun. Which means I'm truly loathe to agree with the President on this... but I DO.
    You really are conservative though...The way you argue is conservative without a doubt because you think that what's made illegal currently by the government is also immoral. Somehow you think that the "is" gives us the "aught".

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I'd support a president of EITHER party having this power.
    And people like you are why this does happen. USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! Number one all the way! We make the rules so it is all good.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You really are conservative though...The way you argue is conservative without a doubt because you think that what's made illegal currently by the government is also immoral. Somehow you think that the "is" gives us the "aught".
    Not exactly... many things I find immoral are completely legal according to our laws, and no, this isn't the place to delve into that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

There is not enough tinfoil in the world for the conversation going on in this thread.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Vyxn... then show me exactly where it says he CANT do it... go ahead smart guy... Teach us... show us in the USC where it says he cant...

And to call me a liberal is clear and present evidence that you have no utter clue what you are talking about. Some here would accuse me of being to the far right of Attilla the Hun. Which means I'm truly loathe to agree with the President on this... but I DO.
    I believe the 5th amendment protects a citizens right to trial by jury(of peers) and due process of law for capital crimes.

Having a government agency secretly try you for a crime and sentence you to death is not really due process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    And people like you are why this does happen. USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! Number one all the way! We make the rules so it is all good.
    So far from the truth, You dont arrest enemy soldiers and then bring them home and take them to court... You eliminate them and you eliminate the threat, Period. I dont give a flying fuck of what nationality that enemy combatant/soldier is.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    There is not enough tinfoil in the world for the conversation going on in this thread.
    Wow, took until page 5 until the obligatory tin foil hat comment!!!

Because all talks of anything about the government doing bad stuff is crazy....
    I like sandwiches

Not exactly... many things I find immoral are completely legal according to our laws, and no, this isn't the place to delve into that.
    the only justification you gave for that argument was an establishment one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I believe the 5th amendment protects a citizens right to trial by jury(of peers) and due process of law for capital crimes.

Having a government agency secretly try you for a crime and sentence you to death is not really due process.
    but you see, you miss the part where its not a 'due process' matter... you dont bring enemy soldiers home for dinner and a massage... you kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far from the truth, You dont arrest enemy soldiers and then bring them home and take them to court... You eliminate them and you eliminate the threat, Period. I dont give a flying fuck of what nationality that enemy combatant/soldier is.
    Are we at war in Pakistan? I was not aware. As if our wars since WWII were legitimate anyways...

Blind obedience is your specialty. USA #!!!!! Kill those terrorists!!!! Obey!
    I like sandwiches

3 actual Americans were killed. No trial, no jury, just executed. They may have been found guilty, but we will never know.

Links to sources help, OP:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21333570
    Your own source says they printed magazines overseas encouraging Al-Qaeda ideology. Good riddance, US citizen or not. Bring this topic back up when it's on American soil
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    the only justification you gave for that argument was an establishment one.
    I was correcting your inaccurate observation of me. I wasn't justifying anything.

I was correcting your inaccurate observation of me. I wasn't justifying anything.
    Huh? Then what was :"Vyxn... then show me exactly where it says he CANT do it... go ahead smart guy... Teach us... show us in the USC where it says he cant..." ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we at war in Pakistan? I was not aware. As if our wars since WWII were legitimate anyways...
    Appears there are many things you aren't aware of. Perhaps you should invest the time in reading and understanding the subject matter.

read the 5th amendment due process clause and the grand jury clause just for starters

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? Then what was :"Vyxn... then show me exactly where it says he CANT do it... go ahead smart guy... Teach us... show us in the USC where it says he cant..." ?
    Wasn't aware that you were Vyxn.. Now thats news to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Your own source says they printed magazines overseas encouraging Al-Qaeda ideology. Good riddance, US citizen or not. Bring this topic back up when it's on American soil
    Of course! Wait until we have drones killing us from overhead without due process before we say anything. Are you fucking serious?
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    read the 5th amendment due process clause and the grand jury clause just for starters
    I reckon you dont have a firm grasp of what an enemy combatant is and you dont understand why you dont bring them home for dinner, a massage and a trial.. hmm?

OP is misrepresenting the memo. In war, our country kills its enemies. We're at war with Al Qaeda, even though its not a sovereign nation. It's not the president taking a sniper rifle and picking off random people at a shopping mall, which is what "can the president kill indiscriminately" suggests.

Constitutionally? The president can't kill anyone unless they've been given judicial due process, they belong to a nation we're at war with, or congress has issued a letter of Marque against the person.

Realistically, the president can kill anyone he wants, with the limitations that someone has to follow his orders, congress can impeach him, the courts can assert that he does not have powers, and he can be assassinated himself. The second part restrains the president much more than the first.