Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Your own source says they printed magazines overseas encouraging Al-Qaeda ideology. Good riddance, US citizen or not. Bring this topic back up when it's on American soil
    they have that right under the first amendment
    So they had their fifth amendment rights violated for practicing their fitst amendment rights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Appears there are many things you aren't aware of. Perhaps you should invest the time in reading and understanding the subject matter.
    I am unaware of how you stay so blissfully ignorant and proud of it. What war is it that we are fighting in Pakistan? Do not give me that war on terror bullshit.
    I like sandwiches

I think he obviously deserves another noble peace prize for this.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    So they had their fifth amendment rights violated for practicing their fitst amendment rights
    There are clear established exceptions to the First Amendment as found by the Supreme Court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I reckon you dont have a firm grasp of what an enemy combatant is and you dont understand why you dont bring them home for dinner, a massage and a trial.. hmm?
    I reckon that you do not understand what declaring war is.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    There are clear established exceptions to the First Amendment as found by the Supreme Court.
    So let us further erode our constitutional rights because they did it before. That is pretty much what is happening. A bunch of sheep saying its ok because they will never come after me.
    I like sandwiches

If I knew that was one of the perks of the job, I would've applied myself more in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I reckon that you do not understand what declaring war is.
    Terrorists are a sovereign nation now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    OP is misrepresenting the memo. In war, our country kills its enemies. We're at war with Al Qaeda, even though its not a sovereign nation. It's not the president taking a sniper rifle and picking off random people at a shopping mall, which is what "can the president kill indiscriminately" suggests.
    Only congress can declare war and i don't remember congress voting on any war with Al Qaeda

Only congress can declare war and i don't remember congress voting on any war with Al Qaeda
    Read what I just posted.

In addition, the United States has had more conflicts without a formal declaration of war than with one; we have only formally declared war five times.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2013-02-06 at 04:25 AM.

I'm pretty sure the constitution still holds that traitors can be executed.

Technically speaking, if you join a terrorist group on foreign soil to attack America... I'm pretty certain that would be traitor. The only really dubious part about it is executing Americans without a trial.

It's a little odd, in that the left wanted Bush's head for "enhanced interrogations", but to this it's like Obama is some sort of hero.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am unaware of how you stay so blissfully ignorant and proud of it. What war is it that we are fighting in Pakistan? Do not give me that war on terror bullshit.
    Calling names doesn't bolster your case in the least. I'm truly sorry that you dont understand why its legal, but until the USSC says its NOT then I'm going to side with the President on this one.... Sorry.

I suppose though, that if you are truly as outraged as you claim to be, then you should be on the phone to your Senators and US Representatives and push them to impeach the President.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2013-02-06 at 04:28 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So let us further erode our constitutional rights because they did it before. That is pretty much what is happening. A bunch of sheep saying its ok because they will never come after me.
    Since we've skipped anything that would resemble a logical debate and skipped right to the "sheep" endgame, that spares me the time from having to respond to you further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    When this is used to kill an actual American then you may have a case.
    Yeah, it's perfectly fine as long as you're just killing foreigners. I mean, it's not like they're real people and all.

I think it's because they think he will come after us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Yeah, it's perfectly fine as long as you're just killing foreigners. I mean, it's not like they're real people and all.
    Grow up. You know exactly what I mean. If you dont, dont comment.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I think it's because they think he will come after us.
    Obamas administration did call the Tea Party terrorist does that mean he has the right to drone them?

Obama administration did call the Tea Party terrorist does that mean he has the right to drone them?
    By Holder's logic, yes.

Obamas administration did call the Tea Party terrorist does that mean he has the right to drone them?
    One would think the remainder of rational Republicans would welcome such an action.

no they dont

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not the solely the president himself, but our government sure has no problem killing innocent people.
    http://www.salon.com/2012/08/07/unrestrained_savagery/
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-drone-strikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    One would think the remainder of rational Republicans would welcome such an action.
    Because, you know, killing them is the sure fire way to go.