Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    When those "americans" renounce their citizen ship and promote the killing of American people I think you lose your right to be American.

It doesnt work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    It doesnt work that way.
    Actually it does

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Expatriot

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Certain criteria must be met, per the memo:

1) Target must be outside the United States.
    2) Target must be a senior, operational member of al Qaeda or affiliated groups.
    3) Is an imminent threat to the United States
    4) Capturing individual is not possible.

So no, not indiscriminately.

However, the language in this memo is incredibly vague. Their definition of "imminent threat" is frightening at best. No evidence of an active plot required? That's not imminent.

Not really too pleased with the administration over this one, but I do realize we are not privy to a great deal of information.
    Imminent threat is defined as someone that might take a crap on a street in New York 50 years down the road.

Who cares about tedious trials when you can just drone that shit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Imminent threat is defined as someone that might take a crap on a street in New York 50 years down the road.
    In his defense his po0p had depleted uranium in it, dangerious MWD stuff you know !
    The new definition of a dirty bomb
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The President of the United States can order people eliminated who are not convicted of a crime nor located in a country the U.S. is at war with.
    Ultimately it appears, he could also order a missile attack on the house I live in, located in peaceful Denmark, if my neighbor was suspected of terrorism.

It has recently been a topic for political discussion in Denmark where I live, following an episode where a danish agent assisted CIA in locating a terrorist, who was later killed in a drone attack.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2013-02-06 at 06:34 PM.

Watched the Morning Joe clip despite my initial reluctance since it's MSNBC.

"Blending of law enforcement and warfare since the attacks of 9/11" sums it up perfectly. All we can hope for is to get an unambiguous explanation from The President that indicates a very clear change of policy. If that's not the case, I see no good reason to support his further actions in defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure he can.

Every politician can. It's called "Warfare".

You just need a good enough reason to convince the masses to back you up -> legal killing spree.

*pets tinfoil hat*

10+ Year Old Account
    Since that's not the definition of "indiscriminately" which means "for no reason", no, the president can't.

Oh, I guess the President could run around calling everyone who looks at them funny a terrorist, and I'm sure you think Obama is just itching to do that, but that doesn't make it any more plausible.

Short answer: Yes they can, they always have, they just don't.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I highly doubt the president would order the death of an American for anything other than the eminent threat of terrorism. His political opponents would eat him alive if he was caught "just killin` peeps" because he could.

LoL Could you imagine the headlines at FauxNews?
    I find the dishonesty of the news media hilarious... they railed against Bush for enhanced interrogation, which the current SecDef said DID help, and the left was apoplectic over. And not a peep from you, the left, the democrats about the fact that drone strikes are actually KILLING PEOPLE. not interrogating them.

I guess you didn't learn that from your Lamestream Media.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I find the dishonesty of the news media hilarious... they railed against Bush for enhanced interrogation, which the current SecDef said DID help, and the left was apoplectic over. And not a peep from you, the left, the democrats about the fact that drone strikes are actually KILLING PEOPLE. not interrogating them.

I guess you didn't learn that from your Lamestream Media.
    Please, call enhanced interrogation for its real name, torture.
    The irony of someone blaming media for being blind and one-sided when blindly swallowing a made up word by a political administration is pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-02-06 at 07:18 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    I'm not worried by the implication that it can be used on US citizens so much as the insanely vague literature used to describe their limitations in using it. To me, it reads they can use them on whoever they feel like.
    Lets keep in mind that the administration intentionally leaked all this to cover their asses.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Lets keep in mind that the administration intentionally leaked all this to cover their asses.
    Some people really dislike Liberals. On topic I would like to point out that Bush started this. If he had never invaded Iraq on bad information. Then captured innocent people taking them by force to our Military. It's not enhanced anything. It's torture plain and simple. I watched a show an hour special about the conditions inside Gitmo. There are places no reporter has set foot because its an issue of national security.

Here's part of what they do. They turn the person upside down with a rag over their head pouring water in their airwaves for the person to seem like their drowing. They keep the people up off and on. Sometimes they tie the person up then allow the dogs to attack them. This type of things are supposed to be banned. It's a violation of international law. Yet we still did it.

I'm not personally pleased we fly drones in the sky from story's I read they killed a 8 year old boy the son of American Terrorist just like that. How was he pose a threat to our security. This exactly why Congress is supposed hold hearings so it doesn't happen. President Obama had the option of forming a hearing when he first started his term but decided not to.

Yet people cannot be quiet about Benghazi which claimed four Americans life. But they were find invading middle east and upsetting the people there by torturing them. It just plain and simple does not make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm not personally pleased we fly drones in the sky from story's I read they killed a 8 year old boy the son of American Terrorist just like that. How was he pose a threat to our security. This exactly why Congress is supposed hold hearings so it doesn't happen. President Obama had the option of forming a hearing when he first started his term but decided not to.
    That is sad, but I seriously doubt the boy was the target. In all military endeavors innocent civilians will get caught in the crossfire. This is especially true with the "war on terror" where the line between civilian and combatant is quite blurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    On topic I would say no if we are talking about presidential affairs. Truthfully we need to stop defining ourselves by the political party we seem to vote for and by who we are not by Republican or democrat.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when is terrorism an act of war and not criminal behavior?

We have a war on drugs too. Does that make drug trafficking an act of war?
    I like sandwiches

Some people really dislike Liberals.

I can only speak for myself, but I hate liars and hypocrites. Just so happens a lot of that comes from one place.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    That is sad, but I seriously doubt the boy was the target. In all military endeavors innocent civilians will get caught in the crossfire. This is especially true with the "war on terror" where the line between civilian and combatant is quite blurry.
    Yes. I little little blur murdering an 8 year old by dropping a bomb on his head while in the sky. I may not know them personally. But I do care. I don't turn a blind eye no matter which President is doing it. It's that everything changed after 9/11 and little I can do personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    On topic I would like to point out that Bush started this.
    Yes, Bush did start it. Obama has expanded what Bush did even further. That makes it ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I hate liars and hypocrites. Just so happens a lot of that comes from one place.
    You mean politicians, right?
    I like sandwiches