Thread: What is next?

What is next?

Bear with me please. I haven't played Rift since launch, but I did like it, and I am thinking of resubbing, as I am growing quite bored of WoW. One thing I would like to ask though is where the game is at right now, from a story/lore viewpoint. As far as I am aware, the elemental dragons were the "big baddies", and Regulos, the "biggest baddie of them all". Just saw that he has now been killed. So where does the story go next?

The "dragons" are not really dead. They only exist in the material world as a type of avatar. The beings known as the dragons are like elemental beings part of like a universal ether.

Doubtful we have seen the last of the dragons or even their true forms.

Eventually we will go through the planes as Ascended.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pass events were just a setback
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Man in Rags-ulos still has a dragon form yet to be dealt with and crucia has taken over some chicks body. So there's at least two more bawses left.
    It was at least unfortunate they killed off two of their dragons with ID tho, especially considering how weak that raid instance was (and ofc this could have easily led to a full earth themed raid in this expac..).
    Anyway SLs new "crucia" form story thing can at least support one more new tier, hopefully a decent one like HK, and not weak ass stuff like ID-FT-EE with the "new" weak life support modes also known as hard modes. One difficulty setting to rule them all. I guess that's just the EQ and pre WotL elitist in me speaking here but w/e :P Call me a fan boy of hard balls to the wall raids that get nerfed over time for everyone to explore (plus rift's hardmodes have a maximum number of maaaybe 5to10 guilds as audience anyway)

I'm not too big a fan of "hard modes". There should be 1 difficulty per raid tier.

Not totally happy with the direction Rift has been going with the xpac. Still a solid game, but adding things to the game I expressly became interested in Rift because it didn't have such "features" is not totally awesome for me.

/Le rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'm not too big a fan of "hard modes". There should be 1 difficulty per raid tier.

Not totally happy with the direction Rift has been going with the xpac. Still a solid game, but adding things to the game I expressly became interested in Rift because it didn't have such "features" is not totally awesome for me.

/Le rant.
    I am actually fairly ok with Hard Modes, as long as they are activated Hard Modes and not an entirely new Instance or even worse lockout. It's all part of the same lockout, and it's only the last bass that you can choose to activate or not. This is great, once you have Crucia/Regulos down on normal and on farm, you can just clear both places except for them, then on your last raid night, work on HM, if it looks like it isn't gonna happen, do it on normal and move on. No whole second lockout to clear, no choice between one or the other locking you out of the other. As long as they keep it activated hard Modes, I am ok with it. I am totally against "Expert" or Mater Mode" raids though.

Activated hard modes like Ulduar is fine, awesome even. Ulduar was hands down the best raid I ever raided 10/10 would raid again.

My only gripe is that they weren't available when the raids went live. Although... I suppose we'd have had to suffer NQ exploiting them if they were