25m Heroic Empress P1 questions

Hey guys we just started attempts on Grand Empress and have some questions about dealing with corrupted dissonance fields. Right now we have 2 groups of 8 people (all with some sort of damage reduction) to make the corrupted field explode as quick as possible. We're using Barrier + Spirit shell + 1other raid cd. The biggest problem seems to be people take a lot of damage while IN the field right before it explodes and even with dmg reduction we die during the explosion. I was just hoping someone with experience on 25m heroic could shed some light on what we may be doing wrong.

Edit: How do you deal with dread screech on people in the corrupted fields, do you just let it happen or time it?
    Last edited by Mootykins; 2013-02-06 at 04:17 AM.

Coordinated groups of 5 go in the fields, spirit shell that group so they dont take damage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We pull the boss near the fields, have our melee go into the field, come out for heals before it explodes while putting a hand of protection on the person with cry of terror.

Deleted
    i have seen many vids were ppl are sending in just one person and that being the cry of terror target. what are pros and cons compared to the coordinated groups of five strat?

Deleted
    send in all your locks + spriests 5 ppls total should do the trick, just make sure you spirit shell them BEFORE they go in, so start casting 2-3 sec when the fields spawn, cause corrupted one is inc soon then. use barrier + rallying for safetey if you can and make them use a defensive right when it explodes so they still have their defensives up for when they are spreading out again. If the persons inside take dmge then have your disc pw shield em but normally this should not be needed. Other than that this fight is piss easy once you get phase 1 under control. 3rd week we killed it last week and it was a 2shot with every1 alive. (25man)
    good luck ! oh and btw, always use this tac cause healing trough the corrupted dissanance field is a pain in the ass for random deaths when it explodes ! (when you not stack to make it explode)

Deleted
    We killed it 2 days ago and the way we handeled the fields was to send in 4 people which was me, another mage a warlock and a spriest so 4 people in total. Then we had our palas just BoP all of us (Clemency important here) so we wouldn't take any damage. If someone got Cry of terror before one of the fields were corrupted he would just run into either one to prevent the raidwide dmg. He would then swap to the corrupted one if it wasn't the one he was standing in. When our palas had CD's on BoPs or whatever we just used iceblock/dispersions and other dmg reduction stuffs. As for raid CD's used for every explosion I'm not quite sure but the important thing is that you use them a few seconds before the field go off so everyone is 100 % topped when it explodes or people can easily get gibbed by some RNG (Dread screech etc).

Can you handle phase 2 similarly to normal? Like 3 windblades + a reaver to a tank, blow tank cooldowns until fixates start going out.

I was concerned about the 'all windblades together' thing because it seems like our melee would just get gibbed by fixates.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Can you handle phase 2 similarly to normal? Like 3 windblades + a reaver to a tank, blow tank cooldowns until fixates start going out.

I was concerned about the 'all windblades together' thing because it seems like our melee would just get gibbed by fixates.
    go with 3 tanks, with just 3 windblades tanks can just about be one shot without a cd or their AM up adding in another mob + buff would not be that great.

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

Pretty much what Nitros14 said, we had 3 tanks; 1 tank for reavers and then the other two took windblades from each side. Be sure to make the tanks call out if they need a cooldown like sac,pain sup etc.

Not entirely sure why people are having people go "inside" the fields to blow the corrupted ones up - healing the cry of terror target is enough to take a big chunk of it out, especially if you have your resto druid put up all 4-5 hots on the target. Just outhealing the damage has always been much simpler for us :s. The only point we have more people go in to blow one up is when we're pushing her to P3, and need to explode them before a new set spawns.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    just use 1 warlock in each field if u have more than one, make each one blow personall cds and use hand of proteccion on them...

Thanks for all the responses guys. When I posted this we were in the middle of our first night of attempts with only 6 healers (7th's power was out). We ended up getting to P2 several times without many deaths but a lot of times it was still 2-3 people dying from the 2nd corrupted. We'll see how it goes when we have all our healers here next time, we currently have 7-8 people going in to blow up the corrupted fast but maybe we'll try just 5 people.. it just seemed like sometimes it was exploding too slow.

Deleted
    We use sometimes 2 warlock to doing the field. and a paladin with bop.

Have one more question for you guys, what do you do to mitigate the Screech damage? On a lot of attempts when ranged are running to the corrupted a screech will go out and hit multiple people. Also when a Screech happens while they're stacked up inside the field the same thing can occur. How can we avoid this? Should we adjust running in around the screech timer?

Deleted
    Don't know how needed the reply here is anymore, but thought I might as well reply.

We've never really found the random Screeches to be a problem as long as the healers keep the raid fairly topped, my guild used 2 discs (me and another) to variate between SS:ing, I'd use my SS as the Sha spawns to pre-shield the people running inside the Corrupted Field (we have 5 ppl run inside the Corrupted one, warlocks and Sps mainly who are all in the same group for easy SS+PoH spam + the actual target) and the Second SS is popped just before the Field explodes to mitigate further dmg and to avoid splash deaths.

Positioning-wise we found it easiest to leave the back middle bit (facing the boss) free for our "soakers" in order for them to have space to run fairly freely to where ever the Fields might spawn, whereas healers were positioned at the front middle, closer to the boss, but far enough from the melee. Have your groups set up in a way that you have grp 1 consisting of the tanks + rogues (assuming you have two, if not any class who has a feint-like ability) and ie grp 5 full of melee. That allows your discs to focus SS on grps 2-4, while for example your Monk can Chi Burst your melee, thus assuring the more spread groups get maximized shielding, as it tends to be the ranged dropping dead due the the random movement and splash dmg.

If your discs are SSing and PW: shielding the targets inside the Fields, Bopping the actual target when the Explosion happens, and having your soakers move out at 50% health there is no reason as to why they should die. Have your healers set up their raidframes with both Dissonance Field AND Corrupted Dissonance Field in order to see when they've exited the Fields so they can be spothealed.

I'll put in a little 2 cents since we just down this last night.

What we did in phase 1 was have an nice tight yet lose spread in front of the boss. We had three groups designated for positioning. Group 3 spread somewhat around the left, group 4 spread somewhat around the right and group 5 along with healers spread somewhat around the middle.

Group 5 is where we had our group of casters that brought down the corrupted field. We used 4 casters... 2 Warlocks, 1 Shadow Priest, and 1 Elemental Shaman. We found this more than enough to get the fields down fairly quickly. We had 4 pallies casting BoP on these players for each corrupted explosion. As the corrupted field came out, all 4 of these players went in, kept a spread within the field to avoid splash damage. The cry of terror at this time would be standing in the non-corrupted field not casting, so the field did not die as fast. This helped with keeping the raid damage low as the corrupted field was about to explode.

We used a spirit link totem right near the corrupted field as it was about to explode to stop anyone from dieing. (You can see in our kill video in my youtube page in my signature that I would creap close to the explosion with deterence as the spirit link totem was put down. This helped spread out the HP and keep people alive)

Side note: Our Disc priest was mention that if people inside the corrupted field stood on the edge of the field, he was able to cast pray of mending on that person to stack spirit shell and it would give it to the others in the field. Not 100% sure this works, but it is something to look into.

What some others have said, we would just send a warlock in along with the person with cry.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Side note: Our Disc priest was mention that if people inside the corrupted field stood on the edge of the field, he was able to cast pray of mending on that person to stack spirit shell and it would give it to the others in the field. Not 100% sure this works, but it is something to look into.
    I find this hard to believe. Mostly because Spirit Shell is not supposed to work with Prayer of Mending.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I find this hard to believe. Mostly because Spirit Shell is not supposed to work with Prayer of Mending.
    That's true, Spirit Shell doesn't work with PoM.

However, why would you use PoM, since, at least according to the Express Editor at WoL (I made an effort to try it out our last kill just to check logs later, and none of my casts resulted in the target being immune) you can keep spamming Spirit Shell on the targets inside the Fields with PoH. Just as you can shield targets within the Field with PW: Shield as well.

If I'm terribly wrong here feel free to correct me, I'm purely basing my argument on the fact that both Expression editor and Log Browsers gives me 0 immunes for Spirit Shell casts.